Muffler Question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Ford4jack

Muffler Question

Post by Ford4jack »

Hello I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a muffler.

Im running a 300 six with efi exhaust and 2.5 pipe and would like to get something that sounds decent and flows good.

Im not looking for anything very loud or pricey just something that sounds like a truck should sound
shaun_p_62234

Post by shaun_p_62234 »

i woudl go with some glasspacks or like a turbo muffler from summit they are only like 15 bucks each and they are alumium so they wont rust and u could get the welded mufflers they are better built and the are like 30 bucks so they are cheap and i run the summit race mufflers on my truck with a 302 and they sound bad ass just go to summitracing.com they will have them.
i know u dont like them loud butmy buddy had a 96 f-150 with a 300 six with the dual manifolds and he runs no cats and no mufflers and it sound wicked. but it will blister your ears he has dual 2 1/2 pipes back to the rear bumpers with 4 inch echo tips it is loud but it sound mean. u lose a little torque but with those motors u got plenty to spare.
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Glasspacks will be fairly noisy.
Cheap = muffler that will rust out quickly.
I have been very pleased with Magnaflow and Bullit brand mufflers. I would spend the extra for stainless, for durability/longevity.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

I have stock type, oval mufflers on my 62. They have a nice, low rumble to them. But turbo mufflers have a nice tone, at idle they're fairly quiet.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Thanks for the input guys

I searched the internet for a couple of hours last night for input on mufflers. way to much info for me

about 25 years ago I had some corvair turbo mufflers put on a studebaker truck i had and they sounded decent. I believe i will try a turbo type muffler on the six cyl.

I checked out the magnaflow site they look good another one that caught my eye was the hooker aero chamber muffler

Has anyone tryed one of these on a six?