The Supercab plot...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bluebolt

Drip rails

Post by bluebolt »

[quote="Supercab65"]. Besides the different windows, I notice the drip rails curve down at the back of the doors then go straight back. The drip rails on both of mine are completely straight. quote]

Yep I saw that too but wasn't sure. Wonder if it was same company that did yours.
65 CREW

Post by 65 CREW »

That is pretty cool. I am so exited to be so close to driving my crewcab.
1965 Ford F350 Crewcab, currently getting a Cummins 6bt conversion.
Supercab65

Post by Supercab65 »

Not much for an update. The '64 sat nestled in the snow all winter while I got more serious about making a plan. That big, green truck from the Slope just may be involved...

I found a set of these too. They should get pretty shiny; i just wiped off the lower left on this one.

Supercab65

Post by Supercab65 »

Poked at the truck a little more and eyeballed it next to the '95. Looks promising...

I finally wrote the info down on the warranty plate and mostly decoded it using this site; http://home.earthlink.net/~threynolds2/ ... s6166.html

F25 2 wheel drive F-250
C 292 V8 w/ 2 barrel carb
R San Jose, CA
564xxx July 1964

128 128" wheelbase
D Color - did not match the charts!
F250 Model
181 Body code - 81 is chassis cab
F Borg Warner T-98
B4 4.56:1 rear axle ratio

7500 Max GVW Lbs
135 HP
3800 RPM
74 DSO - Seattle

I'm very curios about the Color code and the body code. The red and white supercab has a body code of D81. Both trucks were manufactured in San Jose and have the same DSO code; Seattle.

The wheelbase is way off too. It measures somewhere around 157". I don't see any obvious frame extensions but will examine further.
Supercab65

Post by Supercab65 »

We've had some nice weather and I've been eager to get some junk out of my way! Pulled off the red canopy and cut up the silver 80's bed. The floor of the 80's bed is now serving as a pallet of sorts for my snowmachine. I also cut off the cobbled together hitch and rusted out, aftermarket chrome bumper.

The back of the frame just aft of the rear leaf spring hangers had been cut off at one time and replaced with about a foot of different frame rail. The hitch and rear bumper mount was all made out of old angle iron. I cut it off at where the frame was cut before; made the truck about two feet shorter!

The frame on this truck has been extended in the middle. At the rear of the cab there is an extension welded into each rail with a plate bolted down the length of each and past the extension. Between the bolts in the plate it is bulging out; rust, dirt?

The extension measures exactly 29 1/4 inches. I had always guesstimated the length of the extended cab around 30 inches longer than a standard cab.

The back wall of the cab has no dents and seems solid. The rockers in the back are rusted out and will need repair. I do think the truck looks much better now!
firerod63

Post by firerod63 »

Damn where in the world are you? I've never even seen one of those slicks before and here you are with 2 of em. Lucky so and so :D
Supercab65

Post by Supercab65 »

Not much progress on the truck lately, but my shop is nearly wired. Working lights and outlets make a huge difference.

I got a few pics of my new helper relaxing in the truck.

He really started to smile after spending some time in the '64!

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

if the frame is rusting in between the plates and appears unsafe and needs repair/replacement i have plenty of pieces here.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
firerod63

Post by firerod63 »

Little weenies already actin like he owns the truck! :lol:
Supercab65

Re: The Supercab plot...

Post by Supercab65 »

Thought I was past due for an update and to put a picture or two back up of the truck.

I haven't done much to the '64 supercab other than move it out of my way a few times and set a bed on the frame. But this is how it is sitting right now; idle but not forgotten. The red and white '65 supercab one remains the same, safely rusting in Homer still.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag51/MoldyBrains/m652_zps0d0ee0ec.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag51/MoldyBrains/IMG_3718_zps21fca0db.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag51/MoldyBrains/IMG_3722_zps97911693.jpg

I'll be sure to post more of an update later and some more of the past pictures that were here. May be another week or two though; life is busy as usual.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

wow, its been awhile, I still remember the first pictures of the red and white one when it was along the side of the road in the sticks.. that has been ages ago.
kelwar

Post by kelwar »

Cool thanks for posting that I remember looking at the pictures of the red truck years ago also..... I seem to remember it have bucket seats and every thing like the ranger package had, if you still have some pictures of the inside I would love to see them again.
Supercab65

Post by Supercab65 »

Small update for overdue pictures. I have more shots of both and will upload those later. Nothing new to report with either truck; the green one just looks much better with a matching body style bed!

The 1965

The 1964

This ad showed up here in a discussion on this site. I do see a resemblance!
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Those are really neat to see. And somehow you have two of them lol!
Hi I'm Justin.
64crew4x4

Post by 64crew4x4 »

65 Supercab I own a Cousin to your 2....I have a 65 Supercab 3/4 ton 4x4 I am torn over if I should Cut it up and make it a 3 door or not...?

I have everything here to make it a 1 ton Hi-Boy 4x4 Using all 1993 Dodge Parts, including the AC/heater unit out of my 93 Cummins....I have taken 3 yrs to collect everything needed, and I am now Itching very bad to commence The Hacking slashing and Glueing of my project pieces together....I have almost everything 1964 in brushed or chrome to make it appear 64 Custom Cab when I am done, and I am on the Fence to make it a flat bed or Flare side in a Custom Duelly set up....

I have a Finished look in my piddly brain pan I want to end up with, and It will be my Forever Baby when Done, so I want to do it right the first time....

I must say My cab has Almost zero rust thru...bondo galore is flaking off, but that is fixable....

Here is a link to pics of my 65 4x4 Enjoy...
http://s456.photobucket.com/user/64crew ... t=6&page=1
we need to compare notes.....:)
Good Luck with your Project..hope you make it live again.....:)
Stable of Trucks.....
61 3/4 ton 4x4..312v8,4speed Daily driver.
64 1/2ton C.C. 292v8,3sp,...???? 82k orig.miles
65 1/2ton flareside parts truck
64 1/2ton Flareside currently 4x4.going to be 472 powered Gasser
65 SuperCab/Crewcab Cummins 1 ton Duelly Hi-Boy Project