truck bed

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Paul Merrell

truck bed

Post by Paul Merrell »

Well I took the bed to the body shop today he gave me a esimate of 20 hours per side to bondo to take the waves out. About $800.00 per side I think its high but not sure. I know these people do good work but I wish I could find someone cheaper. The guy said this is not a restoration shop, but there is no where else I can take it. I asked him if he could knew of a good shop he did not know of any. But I think I am going to look around I have put in all my patch panels and cut out all the rust I am just scaried of the bondo I don't won't it to come of or crack. And I know that I do not want waves in the bed it is the longest and straightest piece of metal on the truck.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
Satinblack

Post by Satinblack »

Seems high to me but hard to say when I havent looked at it. To bad you so far away.

Might try a hobbiest like I whom do it for fun and a little cash.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

seems like you could find a ready to paint bed for that price, or an entire driving truck with a good bed.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton