302 351 motor stands?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

302 351 motor stands?

Post by 64 f100 »

Been working on my grandsons truck, which has a 351w in it. I believe the engine is setting to high in the frame. At first glance I thought it had the wrong stands, so I spent several hours looking at trucks down a Gig Johnsons salvage yard. When I got done, I was more confused than ever. I found some that looked like the ones I have on 302's, but had not measured mine so I could not be sure. Anyone have the correct ones, and can take a picture of what I'm supposed to have, and take measurements?
I took the granny four speed out of the truck, as it was pretty sloppy, and noisy. Whoever put the engine and transmission in, did a butcher job on the floor and cross member. Both of which I need to fix, before I turn my 16 year old grandson loose with this truck. The engine apparently has a cam in it, along with the edlebrock intake and carb. Runs strong, and he has a lead foot. Thought of going with an AOD but so far money is the drawback on that. I do have a couple of Granada four speed overdrive trannys, which is most likely what it will get. Thought about a T5 but again that's kinda pricey. There's a limit to what grandpa is going to put into this truck. As is, he's going to get one of my disc brake upgrade front ends, and already has installed one NOS vent rubber and division bar from my stock, and will get the other side replaced also. Looks like someone replaced the clutch plate but not the cover, and the fingers are badly worn on the cover, so he will get my new cover and throwout bearing. Might as well give him a power steering setup while I'm at it. And no before anyone asks, I don't want to adopt any of you for a grandson.

Rich
61ford

Post by 61ford »

dang i was about ready to ask you to adopt me!i could bunch of free parts on mine lol
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod