Betty is down

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

wyatt

Betty is down

Post by wyatt »

Not sure what is wrong but looks like a head gasket. Oil is all foamy. Looks like water . I've seen this happen once before in a 352 I had when I was younger. My dad told me then that 352s were known for head gasket problems.
Now I'm thinking about going with a 460 and getting it over with. I am not a happy camper. Bad timing with hunting season right around the corner and then the holidays. I will have a better idea when the weekend rolls around. Wish me luck.
Chuck
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Just change the head gaskets and quit yur whinin'

Maybe get a REAL man to torque 'em next time!

PICK one

INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Man, I'm down in the dumps about this whole thing and then I read your response to my post and I end up laughing my butt off.
That's what I like about this gang. You guys can always lift a persons spirits.
That is one ugly bunch of guys. Robbins even laughing at them.
Chuck
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

:lol:
I own an actual Snap-On torque wrench and I'm not afraid to use it. Don't make me come over there. Especially don't offer me any beer.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Holy crap Dwight, You under the influence with a torque wrench is about half scarey.
Well, It seems I don't have a blown head gasket anyhow. My dang intake sprung a leak thus sending water and anti freeze into my oil. I will be spending my saturday replacing the intake. It's always good to have a spare. I should be back in business by sunday. Gotta make the last day of the apple fest :lol:
Chuck