Bench or buckets? Let's see some pics...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Southern64

Bench or buckets? Let's see some pics...

Post by Southern64 »

What do you guys have, buckets, bench, race? If you have something ou of another truck, what fits good? please share some pics, Thanks [/list]
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Here are the buckets in my 65 Ranger. If you are looking for the bigger buckets like in the 61 to 65 Falcons there is a set on Flee Bay right now that is priced right.

[albumimg]6699[/albumimg]
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Falcon Interceptor

Post by Falcon Interceptor »

Keep in mind my truck is not finished, I simply have some advise on install.

I can only say what doesn't fit good, and I wouldn't recommend buckets for a 64 if you need a middle seat, here's why I say that.

I recently got new seats from a late 90's ford, 3 pieces.
They don't fit at all, The steering column is in the wrong place, column is 2" off (toward the middle) of even the speedo.
That means I have to move the driver seat towards the middle so it will line up with the steering wheel.

Pass side is 4" from the door (and fits good) maybe 1" from the step (looks right).
Drivers is 8" from door (3-4" from step)(big gap there) which leaves 11" in between. Well my center seat was 16" so they don't fit.

I'm not saying other seats wont fit, I just found the driver seat needs moved in, so a bench seat would be a much cleaner look.
Also would be better to fit in more people, like if you have kids.

If you use a center console, great. If you can find a skinny center bucket, great.
But I'm only warning you that fullsize seats may not fit, if you line up the steering wheel.

Keep in mind this is only my experience and other may have several different outcomes depending on the actual seat, their method of install, and the year of vehicle. Hey my truck could even be a mistake, everyone knows the factory did plenty of things wrong. I'm trying to provide this as a guide.

Measure from the center of the drivers seat lined up with the center of the coulmn, that will tell you if it will fit.
Image 64 shorty, 300 big block, T-19, 3.89
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Southern 64, what are you looking for in seating? There are tons of options out there - some better than others.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Southern64

Post by Southern64 »

Well currently I have seats out of an '02 Silverado that are practically new, they have have the seat belts built in, but they look a little big. I was kinda thinking of a late model ford ranger 60/40 bench not sure. Just have to decide in the next few weeks. Thats why i just wanted to see what ever one else was doing....
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

If your Ford Ranger seats are anything like our`s, you`d be better off sitting on the floor!, I have seats out of a 02` Jeep cherokee full electric they are comfortable, the head rest stop the seats going all the way back, a bit high but I like them!
[img][albumimg]2550[/albumimg][/img]
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

bucket seats

drivers came from 67-72 style camper truck with no back wall in cab.
passenger came from early bronco, tilts forward on brackets. need recovering but they are comfortable to me
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

WHY NOT A BENCH SEAT??? :shock:
I may seem a little old fashioned, but why not an original bench seat with a little extra pizzaz in the seat cover column?
(BTW, I had my upholstery guy add 1/2 inch of foam to the edge of the drivers side so that when it gets worn down, it will still be level and not sag toward the door. I like that little extra hip support too.)
I also put in a little console from a Dodge Neon that works great with the Lokar shifter after I took these pictures.
U@ss

[albumimg]6703[/albumimg]

[albumimg]6704[/albumimg]
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Skip, bench seats were for when we were single and needed to fit 5 guys in to go drinkin or maybe for the treat of the week to get a little snuggly with us. :lol:

Buckets are for cruZZZZZing 8)

IMHO of course :wink:
Mark

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Well, even at our advanced age, mama still likes to get snuggley so I guess I'm still on track. :D
Seriously, my seats are really comfortable, ask WinR or any of the guys that have ridden with me or have driven the truck.
Anyway, just a thought.
I'll always be old school.
I just can't help myself 8)
U@ss
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Bench Orginal.. but re covered and new foam. I hated the bucket seat I had in the truck. The bench is nice and soft with the 5 in foam. I did it all for under $200.

If you need the link to buy the foam let me know. The cover I got from f100.com
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
Southern64

Post by Southern64 »

What has 2 thumbs and threw away his bench for no reason one day cleaning the garage, this guy..... feel so dumb now for doing so!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Southern.
This is a learning opportunity.
Never.
I mean never throw away anything until you're completely finished with your project.
Trust me, I save all manner of little hardware, bolts nuts and clips that can't be replaced and I still have my stash.
But be of good cheer. If you like the bench seat there are a lot of them out there for you.
Patience Grasshopper. Patience.
8)
U@ss
jammck66

Post by jammck66 »

So, I have a 78 bronco with the buckets in it. would they fit my 66 f100? with little modifications?
1966 F-100. Family heirloom. (the bale hauler)
2007 can-am outlander 800XT
2007 2500 dodge c/c s/b hemi. (JUNK!!!!)
2003 F-350 8" BDS lift. 6.0L-- BIG & FAST!-- looking for an automatic trans.
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

1986 Toyota MR2. They are comfortable. The driver side has a bunch of adjustments.

The plan is to have them recovered so they look a little more period correct... some day.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
Southern64

Post by Southern64 »

thanks for all the pics guys. charliemccraney, did you make brackets to the floor?
charliemccraney

I did. It mounts at the stock bench seat locations. THe MR2 seat mount directly to the bracket. No modifications to the truck or seats was necessary! The center portion will be covered by a center console eventually.

Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
OGNC

Post by OGNC »

Before...

After...

I cheated. I got a Blue Oval Truck Parts seat upholstery kit... LOL
Court
ABA

Post by ABA »

charliemccraney wrote:1986 Toyota MR2. They are comfortable. The driver side has a bunch of adjustments.

The plan is to have them recovered so they look a little more period correct... some day.
Hey Charlie, your all American FORD didn't try to reject those Jap seats did it? :barf:

Only kidding man :wink: I actually like them. 8)
I like the wrap around style and I bet they were cheaper that a set of Recaro's . :D
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
charliemccraney

I think they're great. When I saw them at the salvage yard, I thought "those are the ones." The adjustability is excellent. They are surprisingly comfortable. My only complaint is that I can sometimes feel the lumbar mechanism. They made it so that it's no worse riding in the truck, than a new car. A vast improvement over the stock bench! They will look much more appropriate when done.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody