Solid Front Axle Disc Brake Conversion

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Solid Front Axle Disc Brake Conversion

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

wonder just WTF Mitsubishis have to do with Ford Trucks? :roll:
[albumimg]1489[/albumimg]
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:wonder just WTF Mitsubishis have to do with Ford Trucks? :roll:

It takes one recycled Ford truck to make six Mitsubishi's. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Solid Front Axle Disc Brake Conversion

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

DV65CustomCab wrote:http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/342/article/Installation_of_Manual_or_Power_Brakes_Disc_Brakes_in_a_1957__1964_F100.html
I know some here aren't fans of the FTE site, but here's an article worth sharing.

not fans of that other site? thats too funny.
they dont allow links to our site, and yet you post one to theirs?
this, after it was just the other day we got censored here for commnts about FTE?
anyone wants to find me you can look me up at fordification.
they manage to have good tech without fte pages.
good nite and enjoy
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or serious, Ice. :?:
I posted the link because I thought the article would be helpful to others.
Yeah, Fordification is a wonderful site, but it ain't Slicks so I don't visit it. Maybe if this site would have the same level of tech articles as Fordification I wouldn't spend any time on FTE, but the fact is we (yes, all of us) spend more time yakking about NA$CAR and the weather than we do about our trucks here. Okay if that's the way you like it, but we will never have a Fordification quality site if nobody puts forth any effort. Someone at FTE put forth effort to write that article. Good tech is worthwhile, regardless of where it is posted.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

DV65CustomCab wrote:Not sure if you're trying to be funny or serious, Ice. :?:
I posted the link because I thought the article would be helpful to others.
Yeah, Fordification is a wonderful site, but it ain't Slicks so I don't visit it. Maybe if this site would have the same level of tech articles as Fordification I wouldn't spend any time on FTE, but the fact is we (yes, all of us) spend more time yakking about NA$CAR and the weather than we do about our trucks here. Okay if that's the way you like it, but we will never have a Fordification quality site if nobody puts forth any effort. Someone at FTE put forth effort to write that article. Good tech is worthwhile, regardless of where it is posted.

i know i will probably get kicked good for this but here goes anyway:
i am as serious as FTEs policys.
fordification aint slicks but plenty there can be used.
if you had copied the info and posted it without the FTE link i would not even have posted as the info is not relevant to my trucks.

but you are 100% correct about the rest. unfortunately i do not have the skills to create a site like Keith did.wish someone here had the time and knowledge to do so because as you say, the level of tech articles here is less than it could be.
good tech is nice, but the ads make for too many distractions.

i am not trying to start a big explosion, but i feel sometimes like JC and the sbc slick you dragged him away from.

perhaps instead of arguing about FTE, which is as big a waste of time as i can find, we should do what we can make this site better.

what happens here in the future will be the result of those who care enough to make this better.

well, my toes are starting to taste terrible i got to get my foot out of my mouth and move on.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:if you had copied the info and posted it without the FTE link i would not even have posted as the info is not relevant to my trucks.

First, I don't think it would copy/paste properly with the photos between the sites from a technical standpoint. But second and more importantly, doing that would be stealing from their (admittedly horrible) site. I won't do that. Posted over there, it's FTE property. They host it, they may clog it with as many ads as they like. If we 'borrowed' it and posted it here, FTE would have good grounds to give us a legal firestorm if they wanted. Simply linking to it makes the information available, gives FTE the traffic they want, and doesn't cause any ethical issues.
perhaps instead of arguing about FTE, which is as big a waste of time as i can find, we should do what we can make this site better.

Agree completely. Someone with web skills, and more importantly FREE TIME, who could help create articles like the one in question would be a valuable asset. Not to be critical to individuals, but to point out something rather obvious, is I see a lot of people posting with great frequency about, well, nothing much. If that energy could be channeled into things that would head us down the road to being a Fordification clone, how wonderful would that be?
FTE is what it is, and we all know what it is. 'Nuff said. Let's make this place more enticing than what they have to offer. :thumright:
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Being a relative newbie, I don't have a lot of the pent-up feelings some may have about FTE...however, DV65 has a good point here...
DV65CustomCab wrote:First, I don't think it would copy/paste properly with the photos between the sites from a technical standpoint. But second and more importantly, doing that would be stealing from their (admittedly horrible) site. I won't do that. Posted over there, it's FTE property. They host it, they may clog it with as many ads as they like. If we 'borrowed' it and posted it here, FTE would have good grounds to give us a legal firestorm if they wanted. Simply linking to it makes the information available, gives FTE the traffic they want, and doesn't cause any ethical issues.

I have no problem with linking info from most any other site on the net for the betterment of this group & I don't see a problem with linking to helpful info from FTE. I figure if it's out there on the big WWW for all to see, we may as well see it too. :D

The following is just my personal opinion, please excuse the hijack;
I do agree that all the ads over there are annoying & for that reason I don't expect I'll ever join, but that's my deal. Same with the old MSN Slick site, it drove me nuts how it was laid out (MSN's fault), so I didn't join...I just lurked 3 or 4 times a year when I was bored. :D
If the site ain't fun, it's not worth hanging out. This site's fun...even with the "how's the weather" talk. :wink: Sites can't be all serious, sometimes you need to just bs now & then. If the site's more laid back, it'll be more enjoyable for everyone.
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

DV65CustomCab wrote: Not to be critical to individuals, but to point out something rather obvious, is I see a lot of people posting with great frequency about, well, nothing much. If that energy could be channeled into things that would head us down the road to being a Fordification clone, how wonderful would that be?
FTE is what it is, and we all know what it is. 'Nuff said. Let's make this place more enticing than what they have to offer. :thumright:

that would be better than wonderful.it would be

"slick"

no more about this topic on this page.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I think Mark was paid in some form for that article, and therefore it IS the copyrighted property of FTE without a doubt. With thier permission (which they probably would NOT grant) we could link to it.

My problem over there is there is so much WRONG info in the forum that it scares me.The blind leading the blind, until FBp or Banjo step in to correct them. I commend Mark on his article, I am sure it's a dandy.

Nuff said.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Really do care about FTE Since so much wrong info & toooo many ads, Fordifiactions is ok the way it's set up but still a lot of politics there, Now on this site it's Laid Back just like SLICK 2006 Show was & The people came was like that also.. Now if you want to know info that is why the Truck Talk is there & several people here with the know-how & talent on slick trucks & this what makes it great when you can get several 2nd & 3rd opinions here,, The disc brakes have been on this site before so its not really new nice pictures are ok though,, One other thing if somebody wants to talk about the weather or racing that is why we have OFF SUBJECT or talk about dogs & since I am speaking about dogs it was nice today to see a customer come by & recognize our dog just from the SLICKS 60'S Site here :) In which I like to say Thanks & he knows himself,, This is just my :2cents:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Hawkrod
United States of America

Post by Hawkrod »

Johnny Canuck wrote:I think Mark was paid in some form for that article, and therefore it IS the copyrighted property of FTE without a doubt. With thier permission (which they probably would NOT grant) we could link to it.

snip

Nuff said.

The good news is we not only don't need their permission, we don't even have to ask. If it is posted on the web with a published address it is legal to link to it even if they don't want you to! All the better because it pisses Ken off! Hawkrod

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,48874-1.html?tw=wn_story_page_next1
BobbyFord

Post by BobbyFord »

I started working on cars with my dad in his shop when I was 10 years old, that was 34 years ago, I've been a mechanic ever since. Factory Ford trained, Chrysler trained, Jeep trained as well as several classes at the local tech college. One thing I've learned is that no one has done everything and no single person knows everything.
That being said, when I'm going to do a specific repair/modification or update something on a certain vechicle that I haven't done before, I will research the repair/subject until I'm satisfied that I have the correct information to complete the job to the best of my ability.
No one website has ALL of the info for ANY one subject or product. One needs to research many opinions, facts and techniques to decide which is the best for his/her particular task. I think it's sad that websites do not allow links to other websites when most truck website members belong to and browse several "other" truck websites. It is a form of censorship as well as an attempt to limit someone from accessing potentially useful information.
I have a '63 Integral Cab (Uni) that I've owned and driven for 25 years, but I also own a '72 F100 Sport Custom short bed. I can't get all of the info I might be searching for in one place. I'm also not going to accept one websites members info/techniques as gospel.
JMO, but I think that links to potentially useful information, no matter the source, should not be disallowed or censored.
Last edited by BobbyFord on December 22, 2007, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
totten
United States of America

Re: Solid Front Axle Disc Brake Conversion

Post by totten »

Nice writeup on FTE,TONY
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.