Paint from the internet

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

willy3486

Paint from the internet

Post by willy3486 »

Is there a good place to get paint on the internet? What I am needing is just enough to repaint a ford focus hood. I am having to repaint the hood on my daughters car. Its a 2000 and I have a new primered hood. I would like a decent paint but it doesn't have to be the top of the line since only it is being painted. The issue is I only need a small amount, say a quart. But locally when you get the extras like the additives such as hardeners you have to get it in sizes to do a complete paint job. I have thought about seeing what local painters would do it for since there is no bodywork and they probably have a lot of supplies left over but I am scared to see the cost. Is there any place online that is reputable, will mix it correctly if you send in the color codes and will sell just enough for the hood. I don't really want to do the entire car, its her first and I don't think she will have it for more than a few years.
Phil

Post by Phil »

You'll probably get better replies but, SummitRacing.com
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Brian Taylor
United States of America

Post by Brian Taylor »

I am not sure if you have many body shops there dealer or others. But call many of them and ask if they have the factory color made up left over or if they have a car in getting a repair the same color and they will either sell you the left over cheap or will paint yours while the other is in the booth again cheaply.
I had my 89 Mustang body kit parts painted by the dealer for 35 bucks when they were painting another car.
1966 Ford F-100 LWB 300
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Brian Taylor wrote:I am not sure if you have many body shops there dealer or others. But call many of them and ask if they have the factory color made up left over or if they have a car in getting a repair the same color and they will either sell you the left over cheap or will paint yours while the other is in the booth again cheaply.
I had my 89 Mustang body kit parts painted by the dealer for 35 bucks when they were painting another car.

35 would be great, I would probably go with 100 to 150 if I could get it painted here locally. What would a decent price be to paint one if all they had to get was the paint color, if they had clearcoat and other stuff from other jobs? Were not a big city and such but here locally we do have a handful of these guys around. I will check those sites out as well.