PROJECT: SIX PACK

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

That really looks awesome :) It sure has come a long way. It sure will be one unique Slick.
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

Looks good dude!
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Thanks so much for the kind words guys! I can't wait to make more progress on this thing! Its so hard when you have more than one project going at a time. The uni is a lot closer to being done though. They sure like to eat don't they?! :D
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

From the pics, it looks like you decided to bag it and she looks sweeeeeet. One question for you, I've just about decided to back up and punt and install air on my current project. Most of the folks that I've talked to tell me that I will need an 8" bag on the front to support the weight of the 460? Since you've been down this road before, what did you use? Also did you have to modify the frame for the bag clearance? My current coil overs are 5 and 1/4" and only have about a 1/4" clearance between the coil and the frame. I also missed you at the show this weekend. It was a pretty good turn out. Thanks in advance for the info and keep up the work. Can't wait on the next update. Red
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

And just why didn't you let us know you had a 3 page spread on UNILOW in this months Street Truck Mag??? Truck looks awesome and I can't wait to see it finished..... Keep up the great work, and Keep us up to date on all the progress.... :thumright: :thumright:
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Reds Rod Shop wrote:From the pics, it looks like you decided to bag it and she looks sweeeeeet. One question for you, I've just about decided to back up and punt and install air on my current project. Most of the folks that I've talked to tell me that I will need an 8" bag on the front to support the weight of the 460? Since you've been down this road before, what did you use? Also did you have to modify the frame for the bag clearance? My current coil overs are 5 and 1/4" and only have about a 1/4" clearance between the coil and the frame. I also missed you at the show this weekend. It was a pretty good turn out. Thanks in advance for the info and keep up the work. Can't wait on the next update. Red

Red,
Yep, had to bag it! It had to be low, if I would have lowered it like normal (static which is what I prefered on this one) I would have been high centering everything due to length. That is why I went air. Not sure if I'm done yet. May z the front. Yes to all questions. You would need Firestone 2600's which is a major pain using Mustang components but it can be done. You should be able to go with shockwaves on yours though. It just depends on how you will want it to sit or how much lift you would want it to get. Also if you were to bag it you would want to redo the notch in the back to really gain anything. With the front being z'd it would go low the only problem will be wheel and tire size. To fit the ones you have now you would lose the wheel wells or they would also need to be redone. Don't bag it unless you just really really want to. You are to close to being done. If you decide to go that route I will be your biggest supporter and help you in any way possible.

As far as the show this weekend it was a major bummer. I was bringing a black 56 and super excited but it just wasn't meant to be. We wound up having a family emergency with my father in law so it was good to be here. How was it? Any pics?
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Anthony wrote:And just why didn't you let us know you had a 3 page spread on UNILOW in this months Street Truck Mag??? Truck looks awesome and I can't wait to see it finished..... Keep up the great work, and Keep us up to date on all the progress.... :thumright: :thumright:

:oops:
Because its not mine. :lol: However I would own or claim any of the work! That one is being built by Bob Grant (google him if you haven't) for one of the other members here UNILOW. Thanks for thinking I might be that gifted though! :thumright:
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

too many like names I guess... :lol: :lol: sorry :dontknow: Driving home all day doesn't help either.... lol
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Well this project is still taking forever but still making progress. Last photo was the front end installed and the rear notch done. It was about 3 inches off the ground when the frame touched and I wanted ride height to be 3.5 - 4 inches so wound up z'ing the front 3 inches and cutting the rails under the front of the cab down 2 inches. Ton of work later the truck now sits as low as possible and ride height will be perfect ( for me ). Everything will mount higher than the lower part of the frame. Moving on to the front sheet metal and drivetrain next! :thumright:

fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

sweet, I'll lay rocker with mine once it's done too, but I'm going a different rout on the suspension.

That's looking awesome! I need to get my but in gear!!!
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

hope you dont have any bumps in the road where you are. Id get hung up just getting out of my driveway. rock on!
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Man, that is sick. I know its a lot of work but just the picture of the rockers on the ground well...... its just sick.
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

WOW!!!
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Any progress???
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Not lately (got paying slick builds in front of "mine") but I did get the motor and transmission mounts in shortly after the above picture. Had to locate a 2 pc drive shaft assembly and that will be going in as soon as I have a chance. Not much more to do before I call this one done and start enjoying driving it before totally blowing it apart for a full restoration. Should be out this year looking the part of my old 64 green farm truck that I used to have. :cry: It will be the following year if I do the full monty on it!
SixtySix Ford
United States of America

Post by SixtySix Ford »

im not much for crew cabs but that is sick!!! :shock: :D keep up the great work! 8)
"Nitrous is like hot girl with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

66 Ford F-100 - Project SickUp
johnzmu

Post by johnzmu »

ALL,MY,FREINDS,Know the lowrider....................... whistle.gif
UNIFAN

Post by UNIFAN »

Well, thought I would update the status of my crew. Cab has finally been removed from the chassis for sheet metal repair. Needed front pans, cab mounts, cab corners, mid cross member ends, and some rocker repair. I want to give a HUGE THANKS to Bruce Andersson for supplying me with donor parts for my rocker and door jamb repair. His parts made a rust free cab possible! Here is a few pics with more to come soon.....

dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

nice!!!!
why i didnt buy this truck when i had the chance i'll never know... i hate me :cry:
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing this bad boy at the F100 show next month.....