Who wants a DIY spray-n bed liner

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Who wants a DIY spray-n bed liner

Post by Uncle Skip »

I just ordered a kit from Dana Mitchell at Al's Liner Products in Indiana. He indicated that he might want to offer a club discount for his bed liners if enough of us are interested.
I'm going to try it first and then we can negotiate, but would anyone else be interested if it proves to be as good as they say?
Looks like we'll be able to get a single kit including rubber crumbs and the gun for well under $200.00.
Colors???
Black
Grey
Tan

I'm thinking the final price will be based on how many people are interested.
Let me know and I'll follow up with the guys at Al's when I get a head count.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I'm interested for sure..possiblyfor two trucks lol
aarons428
Germany

Post by aarons428 »

i would be interested more weight for the rear of my truck for traction........priceless.
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
oldfordcoupe
United States of America

Post by oldfordcoupe »

if its a whole kit for a bed i proobly be in for a grey kit
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Old Ford.
FYI
Looks like we'll be able to get a single kit including rubber crumbs and the gun for well under $200.00.
Colors???

U@ss
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

I'd be interested in 1 kit. Maybe even 2. When you check, see what a send kit would cost without the spray gun. That stuff is great for undercoating.
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Guys, I invited Dana to visit us here and post about his product.
Coverage, colors, textures, etc.
He seems to be every bit the honest, stand up guy that John Gilbert is.
I thought about becoming a distributor, but I'm not really in that business so I think I'd rather let him get the business direct because our members are so spread out.
And he's got the hammer about the price/ the more we buy, the better the discount will be.
Stay tuned.
And I'll let you know about the product after I spray it in my bed.
U@ss
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

...................I thought WE as a consensus Abhorred spray in bed liners?
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

The real problem with our beds is not the inside but the underside, as we all know. I personally think all the new trucks should have it from the factory, not only inside but all over, underside and everywhere. Would make for one quiet truck. The only home done liner I've seen are the cheap ones. Don't like and won't buy. Other consideration for something that shows, are does it retain it's color and gloss or lack therof? Only time and experience will tell.

Rich
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Oe point I might add, and it has nothing to do with bed liners persay. I believe in drilling half inch holes in low spots in our beds. This is to help water drain and let things dry fasater. I also believe in power washing out the front of the bed where water is supposed to drain but too often fills up with dirt and doesn't drain and holds moisture. If, I were to use a bed liner of any kind, I would do the best I could to clean any rust out of the drain area, dry it thuroughly, seal it with rust inhibiter, seal it with the bed liner and seal it both top and bottm so water could not get into that area. I would also dirll several of the holes I mentioned for drainage, prefferably staggerd to prevent bed weakening in one area. Just another of my to many cents worth.

Rich
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Aggie.
Consensus?
The ONLY "consensus" I know of on this forum is concerning the NON use of Obama Motors engines in Ford products.
8)
U@ss
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

spent a few minutes investigating my uni bed yesterday.
other than the small spot in the floor at the front which needs replacing the rest is very nice and flat with only a light surface patina.
the underside is also nice and the original paint can still be seen.

i did see where the addition of a few extra drain holes would really help.

i would not have a problem with using a liner product ,i just have not made up my mind if i want to do it in the uni yet. i do know i would prefer the color to match the truck.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
stronger66ratfink

Post by stronger66ratfink »

my hotrod mechanic buddy Scottie a few houses down will probably want one for his 79'
I'll check and let you know Skip, I can pick up the charge for him, then he can fix the Lexus for me for free!
pretty good deal for me
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I believe BA speaks of the CONSTANT bashing of any truck for sale with the liner---"MUST BE HIDING SOMETHING"

Its just another of those "can't say something constructive" moments that occur here all to often
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
effienut2

DIY Bed liner

Post by effienut2 »

I had Rhino Liner installed in my '66 lb 10 years ago and it is still doing a great job. But that was when I had lottsa extra change. I would be interested in this diy kit especially since the Rhino liner and others cost over $400. I have a "66 sb that has a painted bed but I been thinking about a diy liner lately. I look forward to the test. I also have an interested friend who owns an upholstery shop and is thinking about installing bed liners for his customers.
loosrp

Post by loosrp »

I would also be interested in a kit minus the spray gun.

Russ
63BIGWINDOW

Post by 63BIGWINDOW »

Im in for a couple....
63 big window shop truck
93 2wd lightning/bronco-wifes driver
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

Fanatic wrote:I believe BA speaks of the CONSTANT bashing of any truck for sale with the liner---"MUST BE HIDING SOMETHING"

PRECISELY!!! lol.

And you know in most cases, they probably are trying to hide something.... And somebody will utter the same curse if your truck ever has to be (sold) for some un-utterable reason....

right?
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Well, then just bend your fat a$$ over and look underneath it. It's not that big of a deal.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Max wrote:Well, then just bend your fat a$$ over and look underneath it. It's not that big of a deal.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I put a rhino color matched in mine 6 yrs ago. The only thing it covered up was primed metal
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life