Michelle's 65 Ranger Rebuild

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

:notworthy:
You've got my respect Chel. That thing is sweet.
Wyatt
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Thunderboy wrote:WOW! What are those wheels on your Ranger in the last photos - I like those! :D

Those were Fords High end hub caps from about 67 to 71. I bought a new Ranger in 69 and opted for those caps. When I sold the truck the man I sold it to was putting another type of wheel or cap on it so I decided to keep the caps off this truck for myself. They have been in a box all these years until I put them on this truck. Finally they get to ride again.
This is where the caps come from. I wish I still had this bump side in the condition it is here.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
greenindian

Post by greenindian »

Very, very nice Michelle.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Its that time again, time for another report. I have been working hard trying to get done before the hotest part of summer July through September. If I had been able to get the parts I needed when I needed them I would have been finished by the 20th of this month. I have been held up for firewall insulation for a month now. I ordered it a month ago and the vendor called me up two weeks ago today and ask me if I had ordered something as my credit card was billed and there was not sign of an order. I restated what I had ordered and she put the order in again. I called them today and they said it would not ship until the 20th of this month. So I will do other things until it comes in.

A few shots of the bottom side.

The headliner is in and the carpet with all the holes punched. The console is just sitting in, I did not want to install it until I was done under the dash.

Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Just beautiful.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

i can't explain how jealous I am of your skills and all around know how :notworthy:
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

spectacular Michelle!!! You definitely know how to work on a truck.. :wink: Let us know how she drives since it won't be long now...
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

NICE :D 8)
Tom Williams
Brian Taylor
United States of America

Post by Brian Taylor »

That is great and fast to do so much.
Will you do mine next, I will just drive yours till your done. :oops:
Okay I will stay and cook.
Looks great Michelle.
1966 Ford F-100 LWB 300
lastwagen 66
Germany

Post by lastwagen 66 »

Michelle,

Dang, that is just so sweet! Gonna be the best dressed Ranger on this planet. What did you put under the carpet? Also curious on what headliner you put in. Thanks for sharing the pics...always luv to see what you've done :D

Carl

PS what's up on the movie shoot :?:
“What we’ve got here is … failure to communicate.” The Captain, in Cool Hand Luke

‘66 F100 CC Styleside LWB 352, auto "Phoebe" SOLD 2011 - Gone but not Forgotten!

‘01 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 7.3L , 2WD, SB "Crusher II" is my DD....330K and counting.... 9/08/17
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Nice work Michelle! Carpet looks great. So this is what you're hauling up to Iowa right?

We're going to have one kick-ass group shot this time!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Good gosh woman ! ...... do you ever sleep ?
That is WAY nice...
by the way , does Kryptonite make you weak ?
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I will answer a few questions.

Brian, go back and look at the first post of this thread, I started work on this truck on March 22, had I got the firewall insulation, I would have been done by the 20th or 22nd of this month. That would have been a three month restoration. I did the big Slick in one year, but then it was a monumental task. My Ace in the hole for speed is I am retired and I can spend all day working. I am also single and do not have a family that I have to spend time with. My mother lives with me, but as long as I have dinner with her she is happy.

Carl, the carpet had the usual jute under it but I also added insulation I got from Lowe's under it. They sell a foil backed insulation with bubble space in between the two layers of foil, I used the same insulation in my 56 F 100 and the big Slick. It seems to be pretty effective for automobiles and is reasonably priced. The headliner is the original headliner that came in the truck new. It was still in good shape.

Max, you are correct, it will be the one hauled up to Iowa.

Slick, I sleep about six hours a night. The rest of the time I am thinking, planning and working on my truck. If Kryponite is shinny it will probably make me weak.
Michelle

quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

I don't know what to say but but but but :dontknow: .
So, How much is Chip Foose charging you? Just kidding. Chip is good at his style but you are doing better doing it your way. Nice job Chel.
Wyatt
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
64low-n-slow

Post by 64low-n-slow »

Only 3 words come to mind.....awesome....awesome.....awesome....

OK 1 word, but 3 times. Beautiful work Michelle.
don morris II

Post by don morris II »

outstanding :D
FORD, FAST, FLYING, FIRST, ALL START WITH F IS,NT THAT "SLICK"
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

Michelle, it's really coming along and looking awesome ... you're truly an inspiration to all of us !!!
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Another week of progress. Still no firewall insulation, I called them today and they told me it was scheduled to be shipped this coming Monday. That means I will probably get it the following Monday the 28th. I will have everything but the under dash did by then.

I also got some of the under hood wiring strung today

I should have my bumpers back next week too.
Michelle

36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Looking great Michelle.
Tom Williams
64shortbed

Post by 64shortbed »

That truck was never as nice as it will be when you're finished. It's nicer than the trucks rolling off of the line now!
-don
'64 F100 262-I6