Head/Engine Removal/Power Brakes

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Head/Engine Removal/Power Brakes

Post by jakdad »

I saw a thread on this before and can't find it. Several methods of dealing with master cyl. and power brake booster. Since I'm not in a hurry, this is my thought. Pull the master cylinder and cap the lines as soon as they are removed. I have a collection of rubber caps just for things like this. It's been awhile since I pulled a brake booster but if I remember, the first thing is to unbolt the rod from the brake pedal under the dash. Then there looks to be 4 bolts that hold the brake booster. Now the reason I am posting this is because there are a lot of you folks way smarter than me about these trucks. I look to you to point out any and all flaws in my plan of attack.
Thanks
Jim
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Sounds like you've got it pretty good. I pulled that setup off my F250 last week & actually found it easier to unbolt the booster brackets from the firewall, than separating the booster from the brackets...

...then I dumped about a pint of brake fluid from the vacuum hole, no wonder that booster was bad. :shock:

Oh & if you have a pedal mounted brake switch, unplug it so your lights don't drain your battery. :)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i usually do as slick fan said.if you worry about loose wires from the pedal switch, you can reverse the connections,the switch operation will then be reversed and the lights will stay off, or use a bungee to hold the pedal up.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Thanks men, I had forgotten about the brake light switch.
Jim