Sweet and Low

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ABA

Sweet and Low

Post by ABA »

'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

interesting ,all that work but kept the stock y-block single exhaust.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
frank66
United States of America

Post by frank66 »

i like that truck, but it looked a lot better in the magazine. I wonder why he didn't use the pictures from the magazine shoot?
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

20 Grand for a rat rod, huh?
Pass.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Model_T_46804

low rider

Post by Model_T_46804 »

I'll bet it will be nice when he gets done buffing the paint out. :shock:
Daplumma

Post by Daplumma »

Might be the stupidest looking non functional slicks I have ever seen.Would rather they tore up old Chevy's than Fords.
Joe
ABA

Re: low rider

Post by ABA »

Model_T_46804 wrote:I'll bet it will be nice when he gets done buffing the paint out. :shock:
It is buffed out. If I keep mine it's going to be the same color minus the red interior.

Yep, the only thing Rat about that Rod is the paint. I would much rather spend 20 grand on this one....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &rd=1&rd=1 8) 8) 8) 8)
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

I am not much for lowered trucks but it does kinda grow on you :roll:

......but not for 20 big ones. What a boring world it would be if we didn't have dreamers! :wink:
Mark

61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

I live too close to the Saskatchewan border to drive that truck. It may be okay around home.
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
douglloyd

Post by douglloyd »

Not for my taste either, and certainly not for that kind of money.

Speaking of money, I always thought the 'rat rod' concept meant that your car/truck always had to look unfinished. The idea was supposed to be a protest/reaction to high dollar trailered show babies.

Anyhow, it would be interesting to know how he filled in the bed walls like that.

Doug
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I guess the rat rod terminology is getting watered down & commercialized. :roll: The real rat rod guys are gonna have to defend their name pretty soon. :lol:

I'd pass on that truck too. Lower than stock is cool...but as with anything, it can be taken it too far. When they get to the point of scraping body panels as they drive, that's beyond rediculous in my book.
To me, the first time I saw some little ricer truck that only came up to my belly button, it was mildly entertaining...now it's just *yawn*... :P
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

It's a truck, not a rod. "Rat Rod" has become either one of two things: Making a car intentionally unsafe, or painting it flat black and putting red wheels on. Depends who you ask. I personally think it no longer has a definition. That truck is straddling several genres, which isn't altogether a bad thing.

I like the satin black. It can look good. It's becoming all too common, but it can look good. The thing that bothers me is the red grill. The contrast between satin black and chrome can look amazing, but that just doesn't look right to me. Same for the red painted rear axle. The interior is a bit jarring too. I think the interior needs a two-tone treatment to make it easier on the eye and break up the sea of red.

As for the comments about it being too low to drive, keep in mind that it's bagged and probably only lays frame in parking lots. I'm sure it could be set up to run at a practical ride height. That's the beauty of air bags. My personal opinion is that the lines of a Slick don't lend themselves to laying frame, but it does appear to be well done. Nice fabrication.
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

My only concern is that it doesn't look like you can fit too much firewood in the bed!! :shock:
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
truckerdaddy66

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

Truck tooo high $$$$$

Sit to lowww :!:

Looks like a road grater :lol:

T/D New Caney,Tx.
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

What am I failing to understand about that poor Slick? :hm: :shock: :dontknow:

I work Hard at improving performance, safety, Handling and just about everything else while respecting fundamental style & design of a Slick, which is what's truly the different feature of a "Slick 60s" truck. Then I see a "Moss Scraper" like that for $20K. :roll: :cry:

If somebody wants a 50 Merc lead sled look, then that's what they should get & leave Poor Slicks, Slicks :hm:

Oh well it fits right in with todays contemporary "Human Cartoon Look" of Extreme Everything such as Baggy, Oversized Clothing, Nasty Gestures, phony Attitudes, Hip Hop/Wrap [(No that's NOT A TYPO) I typed WRAP ] maybe I should've typed Crap. That's what I really meant anyway] Plus the Disgusting, Awful, Noise of LOUD Drums & Gutteral Screams some idiots pass off as Music. What's Up With that noise pollution anyway? :shock: :roll:

It seems in their contest to be the most Extreme, Out rageous & "Free Radical" (to glom a medical term) in their local group, about anything goes, especially if it insults peoples personal sensibilities and gets on OUR nerves.
So Instead of getting Insulted and cranky I = :lol: :rotflmao: :woohoo: :rotflmao: :lol: :arse: :lol: :roll:

Passing off "BS", Noise, Radical Challenges & Absurdities is alleged to be free speech or free expression, for those people who go there.

Really? Well I"M SORRY. Ridiculous isn't a statement or accomplishment with redeeming value. Being arrogant, insulting & annoying makes no friends.

I think I have been insulting and annoying enough for now, so I will sit down & shut up. Thanks for the soap Box folks. . . . . :peepwall: :woohoo:

:hello: FBp :thumright: :iagree:
Change is the Only Constant
Bills 66

Post by Bills 66 »

I am not so sure it is safe. Check out the close up picture of the rear end. The four link bracket where it attaches to the axel tube looks like I welded it. I hope the rest of the welding and fabrication is better. The bracket does not fit well and should have been welded across the back.
Bill
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

YukonCor55 wrote:My only concern is that it doesn't look like you can fit too much firewood in the bed!! :shock:

as one who puts a lot of firewood in my slicks bed i definitely agree with that.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton