A New Direction

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

A New Direction

Post by Michelle »

Today I changed directions in relationship to my trip to Altoona. Here to fore I have been concentrating on getting the 65 ready for show time. With it nearly finished except for a few badges and the tailgate, it is being put on the back burner and I am working on my flat bed trailer. I bought this flat bed last summer and as of yet I have not bolted my sleeper to the nose of the trailer as I had it on my other flat bed. The flat I bought last summer needs some boards replaced in the floor of the trailer and I had put off putting the sleeper on. I started replacing the boards today, so I can get the sleeper bolted on.

This is the trailer I bought last summer. As you can see the dovetail makes for easy loading and unloading.

This is my old trailer. I bought it at a gouvernment auction. It was also a little short, with only room for the sleeper and one car or truck.

As you can see here. It was a major feat to load and unload cars or trucks.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
lastwagen 66
Germany

Post by lastwagen 66 »

Chelle,

Awesome, that new trailer is way cool. Much easier to load/unload.

Good thing I don't have one of those rigs, I'd be dragging home all sorts of projects :D !

Sounds like you got a great plan! And you still have thirty something days to finish before the Altoona trip :steering:

Carl
“What we’ve got here is … failure to communicate.” The Captain, in Cool Hand Luke

‘66 F100 CC Styleside LWB 352, auto "Phoebe" SOLD 2011 - Gone but not Forgotten!

‘01 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 7.3L , 2WD, SB "Crusher II" is my DD....330K and counting.... 9/08/17
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: A New Direction

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Michelle wrote:[[Image
As you can see here. It was a major feat to load and unload cars or trucks.

And only if the grass is DRY!, Who`s Falcon?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Michelle, that is a good plan
i really hope i can get a ride in that truck during slickstock.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Michelle
United States of America

Re: A New Direction

Post by Michelle »

Alan Mclennan wrote:
Michelle wrote:As you can see here. It was a major feat to load and unload cars or trucks.

And only if the grass is DRY!, Who`s Falcon?

Alan, your right if the grass is wet, you are $hit out of luck.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:Michelle, that is a good plan
i really hope i can get a ride in that truck during slickstock.

Brian, wish is my command, you will get your ride. The N is a ton of fun to drive too.
Michelle

semotrucker

Post by semotrucker »

Michelle,

Are you planning on bringing more than the Ranger to SS? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Cam
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

semotrucker wrote:Michelle,

Are you planning on bringing more than the Ranger to SS? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Cam

I had kicked around the idea of bringing either my Mustang or the Falcon Sprint but have decided against it. I will only be bringing the Ranger.

I did get the boards replaced in the trailer and have my sleeper on it. Kinda thinking of painting it turquoise next week, I will have to give it a little more thought, but I think I can do it in a week. Here is the latest picture with the Sleeper on the trailer. If I had a little white paint I would do the sleeper and the trailer like Greg's turquoise and white Uni.

Michelle

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

how'd you get it up there? lol.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

She carried it with a cup of coffee in one hand.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Chelle, I like the handrails!, of course the OH&S Nazi wouldn`t :lol:
your not allowed to climb higher than the second top step and you must have 3 points of contact with your body at all times! :roll:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Max wrote:She carried it with a cup of coffee in one hand.

lol. good one mike.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

ezernut9mm wrote:how'd you get it up there? lol.

Cen Tex Marine is at the end of the street from me. They have a big fork lift. I go down every time I need the fork lift and borrow it, or either they will send it down with a driver and do what I need. I pulled my old trailer around to the front and parked it perpendicular to the on in the picture and unbolted the sleeper from it and the guy lifted it off the old trailer and onto the new one. The fork lift also has a boom, it is very handy to have close.

this is the same fork lift with the boom on it when I was putting the cab back on my N truck.
Michelle

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

sweet. i need a shop like that down the road from me. good deal.
always

olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

I always wondered where the sleeper went. Man does it look like you're set with equipment!!!

Also, I absolutely love your N Truck. Nothing better to pull Slicks and other classics with :notworthy:
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I got a bunch more done today. I am so far ahead of my list of to do things that I would be able to leave this coming Monday if I had to. I have all of the equipment I carry with me loaded into the trailer storage compartments except for a few things I load at the last minute. I got started buffing on my 65 today. It got too hot so I will finish it in the morning before it gets so hot. I got all the fluids and belts checked in the N and it is ready. Things are coming together rather well, and the more things come together the more I am getting pumped about heading out. It has been a long time coming.
Michelle