It`s not a slick, but it`s cool!

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Rustbucket

It`s not a slick, but it`s cool!

Post by Rustbucket »

I have an addition to my ford collection,I found a 194? 8N ford tractor. Iasked the owner 6 months ago to sell it, thinking I was wasting my time. To my surprise he called me and said come and get it. I had my eye on that tractor a long time. It don`t usually end with a happy ending when the owners drag there feet that long.
1965 F-100 Shortbed 351W.
1969 F-250 Camper Special
1984 Mustang Convertible
1949 8N Tractor
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

We like anything Ford, Congrats. Grrreeeeen acres is the place to be!
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Rustbucket

Post by Rustbucket »

I cant help myself, anything ugly or different I`m a sucker for.
1984 Mustang Convertible
1949 8N Tractor
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

I always thought those old 8n and 9n tractors were cool. I don't have a place or need for one but would love to have one myself. I would do a complete rebuild on it. They would be so easy to do.
My neighbors would say,Well he finally went off the deep end. I wouldn't care. I'de be happy. Wonder how much it costs for tires?
Chuck
F-100XL

Not a slick n , but cool.

Post by F-100XL »

Rustbucket ,.
Welcome to the antique tractor club . I started out with 1 , and now have 9 . You will have to get into an Antique tractor club in your area , that way you can pickup parts and tires fairly reasonably . I just bought a 8N , a few weeks ago and a friend of mine , that has 2 F-12 Farmall`s , called me and said "I have a 52 Ford 2 door sedan in the woods , come and get it and take it home with you" . You can use the engine , with an adapter , in the 8N to make a V8 8N Ford , which a few were built . Just what I need , another project to go along with the XL , a 62 Uni , a 66 F-250 slick , 8 other antique tractors ( 3 of them are pulling tractors ) and 2 other working tractors for the farm .
Bill .
P.S. , I am already working at overseeding pasture and hay fields for my self and a few other farmers and " Horse People " around here.
XL
F-100XL

Not a slick , but cool.

Post by F-100XL »

Rustbucket,
I was just thinking , If you didn`t have any other tractor clubs in your area , that we have a Delaware tractor club down in Greenwood Del. that I belong to that is a nice , fairly active , club . They are starting to get a tractor drive together , wear everybody brings their tractors to a certain point and they all drive down the roads and streets through the country and small towns and back to the starting point , then have a picnic or get together . Just a thought !
Bill.
XL
Rustbucket

Post by Rustbucket »

I have some work to do to it before I can take it anywhere. It`s been sitting for quite a while. I want to change all the fluids before I try to start it. Also it needs a starter and a battery. The tires in the back are about half tread, the ones in the front are holding air but there dry rotted. I don`t think there are any clubs around here. At least that I know of. Probably will join your`s. That sounds fun.You don`t see anything like that here. I`ll be riding alone! wyatt, when I brought it home, everyone in the neighborhood had to be outside! I just held my head high and smiled! They just don`t understand.
1984 Mustang Convertible
1949 8N Tractor