Kid
United States of America

time is short

Post by Kid »

man it is almost here.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

stop it! i need to quit coming in here for a couple of weeks and try and forget about it. lol. like that's gonna happen. i am really getting antsy.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I know it is making me crazy. 2 weeks from last nite and we will be having a pre SS cookout here at our place, we are expecting clost to 20 people and 2 weeks from tonite and we will be checking into the Hotel so we can start setting up and 2 weeks from tomorrow nite we will be greeting more people and 2 weeks from Thursday we will be setting back that evening eating and visiting with old freinds and making new ones.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Wednesday afternoon you will be stairing at me. If all goes according to my plans, I should be there on Wednesday afternoon so save me a big place to park, about seventy feet. I am wrapping up all my loose ends this week and the first part of next week. I will start loading up on the weekend.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i will be getting on the plane about this time 2 weeks from today
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

I'll be there by Tuesday at the latest.
Depends on how co-operative Cas is in the next week and a Half :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

hurrah.gif We fly out this Monday!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

You all have fun talking until the wee hours of the morning. I wish I could come.
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces, driving to a place I've never been before, relaxing amongst a herd of Slicks, meeting new people... can't get here soon enough.

Everyone have safe travels!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

In prepration for the big trip, I doug out my diesel generator to see if it would start. I hadn't used it in over a year, so I was a little concerned that the battery may be dead or weak. I turned the key just to see how hot the battery was and before I could release it, the cotton picker fired off. It is pluged into the sleeper right now running with the A/C in the sleeper running. That is less thing to worry about. I stripped the sheets off my sleeper and have them washing as we speak. I think I will go out and check all the fluids in the N truck and make sure its ready to roll Monday week. I also need to go out and find a set of bolt cutters to cut the locks off my two spares under the trailer, the keys are no where to be found.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:D Ah! the good old long handled skeleton keys!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Alan Mclennan wrote::D Ah! the good old long handled skeleton keys!

Alan, when I was a youngster of about six or eight we lived in a house that used the skeleton keys on the back door but had a modern lock on the front door. One afternoon my mom and I went to the grocer and when we returned we discovered that we had locked out selves out of the house. We went next door to a neighbor to wait for my dad to get off work and let us in. The old retired gentleman that lived there with his wife ask my mom how we had locked our selves out, she said she had forgot her front door key and the back door key always stayed in the door. We went to our back door and he slid a piece of paper under the back door and slid long skinny screw or some other small skinny object in the key hole and poked the key out making it fall to the paper and then slid it our from under the door and used the key to get in the house. Such simplicity.
Last edited by Michelle on August 12, 2010, 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michelle

semotrucker

Post by semotrucker »

My back door still uses the old skeleton key...one point...went a few years ago to get one made at a locksmith, they declined to make me one unless I provided them with my home address and photo identification. Guess they thought I was wanting to become a thief.

Cam
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Chelle, we had the same lock on our back door!, I think there were only about 20 different key combinations, so you could go to the hardware store and buy them by their number. the long handled skeleton key I referred to was the Bolt cutters!, they can open any padlock! :D

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

OK Allan, I get it now, you have to consider I was having a blond moment. Yes I think the long handled skeleton key is exactly what I will be needing to get the locks off. I did luck out on my took box locks. My trailer has a large storage box under it and has two locking T handle latches. The keys have been long lost but the latches were unlocked so no problem. I have started keeping my chains and boomers in it so I started to get a little concerned about leaving my truck unattended in truck stops with my equipment in it. So I called the storage compartment maker and he reffered me to the people that make the latches, they had a hundred dollar mininum order so she reffered me to one of their retailers. I called them today to order two new lock cylinders and she said that they had the keys if that was all I needed. So she is sending me two keys from the number code I gave her. She said that she was not even going to charge me as it cost more to make an invoice that the two keys cost. So I should have the keys by Monday or Tuesday.
Michelle

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

wait, what? customer service is still alive and kicking???? lol.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nice going Chelle!, question!, what are boomer`s?, our`s are Kangaroo`s!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Alan Mclennan wrote:Chelle, we had the same lock on our back door!, I think there were only about 20 different key combinations, so you could go to the hardware store and buy them by their number. the long handled skeleton key I referred to was the Bolt cutters!, they can open any padlock! :D

I though those were called "Master Keys" ':lol:'
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Alan Mclennan wrote:Nice going Chelle!, question!, what are boomer`s?, our`s are Kangaroo`s!

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that boomers are the same as binders.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2200-lb-ca ... rce=nextag
always

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

ezernut9mm wrote:
Alan Mclennan wrote:Nice going Chelle!, question!, what are boomer`s?, our`s are Kangaroo`s!

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that boomers are the same as binders.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2200-lb-ca ... rce=nextag

That's right Chris, boomers are the same as chain binders. Alan was in the oil field hauling business for years and boomers was the common word for binders. I am not sure if boomers was a word that was commonly used by southerners or the trucking industry.

Sorry Alan, I have no Kangaroos locked in my storage compartment. I do have a bonnet in there though.
Michelle