photoshop.... what do you guys think??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

66fordtrucknut wrote:Actually I think there was only 4 of us in the "4 headlight looks strange on a truck club" right JC, I'm for #1, looks good how it sits. Nice P/S work though.
Charlie

It's hard to say since there are probably only about 25-30 of us here daily.. it might be like when you write a letter to the government, and they consider it to be like 10 or 100 letters because the silent majority are.. like silent! :lol: So we represent 8-30% of the populus Charlie... maybe you should do a poll on snorkel hoods
evil_lol.gif
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

Here's the picture of a closeup of the Ididit truck that I had seen at the Supernationals last year. It was a nice truck.

[img][albumimg]1738[/albumimg][/img]
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

The were some really cool elements to that truck, Merc.
However , that steering wheel is BEYOND greasy :barf:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

I whacked up a couple of Slicks before I regained consciousness and saw the error of my ways. :oops:

I didn't do hatchet jobs, they were well done. I had no problem selling them qwikly for buena donneros.
But the thing about Slicks that sets them apart, maybe their soul in fact, is their very Style & Design.
It is principled and disciplined, but tastefully restrained, as is. It is truly Different in it's OEM Configuration.
You may talk me into shaving a few inches from the roof elevation. It seemed "Goldfish Bowlish" to me from the git.
But I digress, I bought my 1st slick because it was a neat truck. My idea of changing it did not improve that.
Altho I made it unique, I took it's soul away by imposing my "look & touch" and it was not pure Slick anymore. :shock:
To qualify or justify the above, about the only thing "Slick" about my '66 is the body sheet metal.
Hardly anything else is slick, some of it's not even F-Series truck. And all that I changed does not impact the "look".
I have a slick because I wanted a Slick so I got one and left it looking like a slick because that's distinction & class. :thumright:

But we're discussing an Aesthetic here. There is no accounting for human tastes, just look around ourselves. :hm: shrug.gif s_crazy5.gif
I won't alter another Slick because of the epiphany I had when I realized I was whacking a dying breed. scared.gif

That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

:steering: FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

:iagree:with FBP
the Lines and proportion s of a slick are what make them slick.
And my 64 body lines are all slick but the rest of my truck is also very unslick.
All ford but not original slick by any means. my truck will not be liked by many of the purists but I am Ok with that.
:offtop: If we were all exactly the same life would be boring and we would all drive Chebbys.But to each his own just keep it all ford drive train :wink:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

I thought you snuck up and took a picture of MY truck for that first one. Then I realized yours is a bit older, and a little more complete.
Nice photoshop work. I thought about doing all of the radical changes too, but for now I'm just makin' a truck out of the old girl again. So I'll be watching yours to see how well your mods look before I try it on mine.
I vote #2 or just original
And yes I dislike the scoop and 4 eyes. How bout a twin intake for your turbo's were the grill should be?
Dave
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.