Lost my ride to Slick Stock - Must Regroup - HELP!

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Lost my ride to Slick Stock - Must Regroup - HELP!

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Just found out that Fire Truck has gotten orders from his work and won't be able to make the trip to SS. Now I have to regroup and figure out how to get there.

One option would be for me to drive to Shreveport and caravan up to KC with Brien and meet up with the bunch from Texas, Oklahoma Missouri and Australia (?) I could either caravan in my "non-slick ride" with the group or hitch a ride up to Altoona and back to KC with someone. Can anyone tell me when (what time on Wednesday) is the group meeting up in KC is leaving for Altoona? I can go back and read the posts, but if someone can tell me it would be easier.

Another possible option would be to take Amtrak from Jackson, but that's a 26 hour trip, changing trains in Chicago and ending up in a little town about 50 miles from Altoona.

By my calculations it will cost about the same for gas as the train ticket and take half the time. If I'm going to be sitting in a seat, I may as well be driving.

After writing this out, I think my best option is to try to meet up with the caravan in KC and drive up with you guys. Any advice or other options that anyone sees that I am missing would be appreciated.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

get ahold of casey65 and he will get you all the details of the KC groups plans.
Truckrat
United States of America

trip

Post by Truckrat »

Gerald, we are planning to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast Wednesday morning before leaving for Altoona. Doug Dunlap from Cali and his son, along with Alan and Lyn are supposed to be there, and maybe Michelle if it works out. Also Mike, Max, and Skip if they come thru about then. I think Fred Martin will be there caravaning with Doug. Check with Gerry about which Cracker Barrel because there is one right next to I-35 in KC, and another one over closer to where we had the last SS in '08. If you can come up Tuesday we are having supper at the Pizza Shoppe, a place we all went to eat at SS3. Good stuff! At any rate, have a safe trip. TR[/i][/b]
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

We don't have a set time to leave KC for Altoona on Wednesday morning. Just when everyone can meet at the Crackerbarrel to have breakfast and head to Altoona. I think it will be a group decision. But, since everyone will have a pizza hangover it might not be too early :shock:
the address is:
7920 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy
Kansas City, MO 64153

exit 10 On I-29 just north of the host hotel for slick stock 3
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun