My 62 +Bits of other years!

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Leeroy
Australia

My 62 +Bits of other years!

Post by Leeroy »

Thought seeing my project is nearing the paint stage, I might show everyone how my slick is progressing.....

I know how much everyone likes pics, so I'll let most of the pics do the talking!

My 62 the day I inspected it to buy a bit over a year ago. At some stage after it's working life it became a promotional truck for some fencing company towing around all their gear to expo's. The company was red and white I think. Has a rebuilt 351c + Fmx, power steering and ugly ugly bucket seats.

Seeing I like most years of slicks, it has a few bits and pieces from all years, 62 cab, 63 badging (not fitted yet) 64 bed and 65 grill!

Yes I WILL be lowering it, but that will be later on.

horrid colour on the grill (Wouldn't mind if the whole slick was red!) also has the wrong bumper.

This is the sacraficial lamb for the bed, this old girl was dismantled, only good things to come off it were the bed, grill bonnet and doors. RUSTY!

It has arrived at my place! (Or my dads :D)

Yes the steering wheel is on the wrong side.... Have just sourced the correct steering wheel

Image]

Not so good bits..... Temporary repairs and pop riveted bits of steel/aluminium everywhere.

Blasted and ready to start on the bed. Yes its not sitting right here, there are some spacers on the rails I have to cut off from the old tray.

How surprising.... :lol:

And my poor father inlaw, tapemeasure in hand groaning at the cutting/welding/straigtening/plating to come. It got a bit beyond him!
Last edited by Leeroy on September 21, 2010, 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Progressing, early this year.

Newer tailgate has arrived from LA with a few other goodies! ;) Bed has now been straightened. Definately found more rust in the bed though, 2 of the bed supports on the left hand side are shot as is the rear crossmember below the tailgate. (you can see it bowing in the pic!)
I'm not too hapy with the left wheelhousing, it looks ok primed but there is a bit too much skim fill for my liking. Will need some more work later on.

Had these arrive a few months ago :D :D Also had new front a rear bumpers arrive with a few other small items like mirrors badges etc.

Back home!

Painter is going to have to correct a few smal things, the left hand taillight housing is a bit rough up close as is the weld for the front bed support on the drivers side (RIGHT HAND side :D )

Off top the painters last monday.... More pics to come as it progresses.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Good progress there Leeroy!, I couldn`t see anything wrong with the steering wheel position! :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

Looking good ... what a great posting, with lots of pics !!! :D
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
SixtySix Ford
United States of America

Post by SixtySix Ford »

Is that a 2wd thats lifted to look like a 4x4? :oops:
"Nitrous is like hot girl with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

66 Ford F-100 - Project SickUp
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Yes its terrible :cry: Althought the bed is now sitting 2 inches lower than it was in the first few pics. I'm HOPING the black paint around the bottom of the cab/wheelarch is making that look worse than it is! :evil:
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Just curious as to why the bottom edge of the bed is lower than the bottom edge of the cab? Or is it an optical illusion?
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Thats what I was referring to in the above post, there is about a 2 1/2" strip of black paint, all the way around the bottom of the cab and wheelarches. So it makes it look like there is no steel there at all. It IS sitting too high though!

You can just see it in this pic.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Sorry, I think I was still writing my question while you were posting an answer. I guess I would ask if you plan to continue the black around the bed also?
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

looks like rust is international. lol. i see lots of good progress in those pics. keep up the good work!
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

nece build Leeroy!!! :thumright: :thumright: your truck is looking great.... how low are you planning on going?? :steering:
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

looks like even in Australia the rust starts...DOWN UNDER !
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Rust.... it never ends. Would cars ever wear out if there were no rust? Even after you cut it out and weld in plates the darn stuff comes back!

How low? Chassis work here is a lot harder than what it sounds over there and keeping it road legal is another challange.

I am going to go with a drop axle for the front (3") and axle flip for the back. This is down the track however, I want to have the slick actually driving on the road to iron out everything else. The chassis notching for the axle flip is what concerns me as I don't really want to cut it and I have an LPG tank in the back waiting to go BOOM!

As for colours, the entire truck it being repainted in a two tone style similar to the original but I'll be using the bodyline to seperate the colours (No side mouldings)

Thanks for the positive comments
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Couple of update pics...

Just out of the booth, bed still to be aligned, door handles and windscreens to be re-installed

Bed aligned and all back together.
Absolutely EVERYONE who has seen it has asked what I am doing with the red wheels, so just for everyone across the pond, the RED WHEELS ARE GOING! hahaha
65fordguy

Post by 65fordguy »

What colors did you use? Cool Truck!
65 f100
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Sharp color combo. Looks real good.
Tom Williams
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

65fordguy I used two Ford Australian colours called 'True Blue' from the GT Falcon's in the 70's and 'Stark white' The colours probably aren't Australian only, but just called some other name in the USA.

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) Nice GT!, I hope it`s your`s!, or should I say I wish it was mine! :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

I wish Alan! I just dont have a mere $750,000 laying around or whatever the latest going rate is.... :roll:
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Well I'll be... I was just commenting that nobody had a truck similar to Uncle Skip's colors until now. Very sharp and nice work!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416