A diecast f-100xl ?

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cookster4495

A diecast f-100xl ?

Post by cookster4495 »

Would'nt it be cool if we could all have an xl ourselves? Looking at all the stuff on evil-b got me thinking,hey it's genuine one of a kind piece of racing history,surely someone would jump on the wagon and produce these for those of us devoted to the cause(and the general public)

Just thinking outloud,,ever consider it bill??? PLUS if it did take off,maybe a little plug somewhere on the box about this great club !!!!!

Could also offset restoration expenses!?!
Help cover expenses to ss-08
Give true and due respect to the truck and the man worship.gif :thumright: Larry
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
Rustbucket

Post by Rustbucket »

That would be cool. I had a hard time finding a plain 65. Finally found it at Carisle. An xl would be awesome.
1965 F-100 Shortbed 351W.
1969 F-250 Camper Special
1984 Mustang Convertible
1949 8N Tractor
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

That would really be great! :thumright:
If anyone honestly would like to pursue such an endeavor, these guys would probably be to ones to really help get the ball rolling; http://www.diecast-pub.com/

Who's up for it? :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

They made plastic model kits of the Uni back in the day, and you can still find these. Most have been built, but I've 'restored' a few model kits over the years. No different than doing the full size thing, just takes less time.

All you need is a decal sheet and some bucket seats out of a Mustang kit and you could replicate it pretty easily. It will be much easier to have decals made than a complete model, since nobody is doing Unis at the moment.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

There is a guy I met that has an original model they gave out in 63 to the dealers promoting the real XL100. I think I posted a picture back on the ol slick site if anyone was up for a search. It was back last summer I believe that I posted it. He wanted 300 for it and I passed because the scale was to small. Besides, I know where to see the real one anytime I need a pick me up.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Modelhaus has the resin molds to cast 63 uni big windows in short bed config. Just get them to make one......yea right....They offered the bodies about 20 years ago and havent made another run since. They also have cabs beds and such to kit bash a 64 together in 1/24th scale.

Garbz
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

You can't put a price on a good time.
F-100XL

Model of the F-100XL

Post by F-100XL »

I bought a model of a 63 big window uni a long while ago , but it was a long bed . I think this must have been in 64 . I , also bought a model of a "Thunder Bolt" , took the 427 engine from the thunder bolt and put it in the uni model with the pipes coming out the sides and all . The only problem , was that the model didn`t look right with the long bed . Maybe
one of the manufacture`s would make this model , now . I don`t know ?
Bill.
XL