Out for a spin

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

wyatt

Out for a spin

Post by wyatt »

The neighbors probably wonder what's so great about driving that old truck. I must have taken her out 5 times today. Had to mess with the carb a little bit. Take her up the road again and bring her back and tinker a little more. Maybe next week I'll take her out to the car wash just to show her off. She ain't perfect but she's all mine.
She runs a little better with the new distributer. Now I gotta get my kick down hooked up and maybe by the end of summer, a new stall torque converter. Can have some neck snapping fun then.
Who else had their toy out?
Chuck
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Does backing it out of the garage to clean the garage count?
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Hey, If you had it out of the garage, That's close enough. At least you were enjoying the great outdoors with your toy.
With the price of gas, you can't take them too far anymore. Unless you're Donald Trump or somebody like that.
I'll be pushing Betty back out this weekend to wash and wax her. Might even pull the wheels off and clean them up. But I'de doubt I will do the wheels. That's a lot of work for this fella.
Chuck
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I washed up Eunice today, She looked so pretty I had to go for a little ride, she seemed a little constipated at first but by the time I got to the end of my rd she was running as smooth as a babys tuchas, sure was great, my local cruise nite starts Tues, can't wait!
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS