Whats it worth

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Vinnie

Whats it worth

Post by Vinnie »

OK, I know I don't have a slick anylonger, but I may be going up to Seattle to look at one and I have no idea what it may be worth.

It's a 66 in great shape, it has the V8 and a 4 speed. It's a F100 long bed. The only think I can tell by the pics that is wrong is that it's missing the tail gate.

It is a one owner truck, red and was garaged it's whold life. I don't know the miles, but it was well taken care of to the point that the original paint still has a nice shine on it. No rust issues, interier is nice, but could use the seat covered. Even the dash still looks new.

Any ideas?

Vinnie
Vinnie
Slickless in Seattle
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Man.
I'm glad you're back. I knew you couldn't stay away. :lol:
A truck like that is worth what ever you'd be willing to pay for it. 8)
But seriously, I'd say anywhere from 1500-3000 depending on condition. Remember what you sold Stella for? Use that as a baseline.
Good luck buddy..... and welcome home.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

:iagree:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

Hold on there big boy! I'm playing around with the idea of buying a few rig's, one at a time and cleaning them up and putting them back on the market. I was thinking this truck could be in the $3500 range, so I'm glad I asked.

I may be able to pick it up for about $2500, again from what I can see in the pictures, it's a beauty, but pictures can lie.

Vinnie
Vinnie
Slickless in Seattle
six-two

Post by six-two »

I grew up in Texas and it probably is the cheapest place in the U.S. (I love it) I even bought a Subaru station wagon (4x4) there because they were so much cheaper in Texas that it was worth the trip fron Colorado. I think you would be very lucky to get a truck that clean for less than $3000-4000 here. But this only speculation on an unseen truck and my unibody cost $900 and is worth much more. It barely started when I bought it and now with a tune up it barely gets traction!
Good luck, and also don't forget to try to follow e-bay for a while, it is a decent indicator of market value. By the way, it is not like I disagree with Uncle Skip, I think he is correct. If you were to buy the truck around Texas it would cost that. I just think up north they are harder to find so the price is higher.

________________________________six-two
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

vinnie I was looking through craiglist the other day for our neck of the woods and found at least 6 or more slicks. A few of them looked very nice, so I wouldnt let them hit you too hard on the price on this one as theres plenty more in the area to be had.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

You mention pictures...well, let's see 'em! :D

Sounds like a great looking truck.
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
unibodyboy

Let me know..

Post by unibodyboy »

When you're going to head up there, i'd be glad to tag along for moral and opinion support.....

Greg
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Hi Vinnie, used truck business. I would say it would be tough sledding. Like mentioned earlier, Ebay is a good idea. I've been watching trucks, mostly shortbeds, and most aren't bringing that much, and some are pretty nice from what I can see.

Rich
Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

I went up to see the truck today and it was a rust bucket. Not worth a grand, I'll keep looking.
Vinnie
Vinnie
Slickless in Seattle
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

I can hear Vinnie at the meetings now, "Hi, my name is Vinnie, and I'm a slickaholic...

RNTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Vinnie

Need to come here.....Just picked up a 63 long bed uni. 100% rust free out of phoneix by way of socal......Kinda stuns me to see a uni with no rust, and i mean no rust.....

Best part $500 bucks running and driving....

Garbz

I am in heaven but dont know it yet!
66merc-ford

I have a 66 mercury $3000 with a good tail gate

Post by 66merc-ford »

I think 3000 is a great price for a 3/4 ton mercury