New carburator

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Roc
France

New carburator

Post by Roc »

Hi everybody , I will must buy a new carburator for my truck ( V8 352 , 2V manual choke) , could you give me please some links to find the good reference ( and the best price :lol: ) ... thank you folks.
Have a great day :wink:
1966 F 100 shortbed
1965 hardtop mustang
FORD AND ONLY FORD
Roc
France

Post by Roc »

Wahou ...71 see and no one answer :oops: , hey guys , are U sleeping ? :lol: :wink:
1966 F 100 shortbed
1965 hardtop mustang
FORD AND ONLY FORD
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

delete
Last edited by jkimbrel65 on November 21, 2010, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
Tech

Post by Tech »

Did someone steal yours?
Next time someone puts a kit in one of these things could they please take some pics and make a how to.
The 2 barrel Autolite is the worlds simplest and most reliable carb ever built. A rebuild kit is somewhere around $20 and has so few parts that anyone with a can of carb cleaner can install it.
If your core is shot or you took a hammer to it just find, an old wrecking yard and pick one out of the barrel
Ok that may be a little harder in France
Sorry for the sarcasm The fact that you couldn't find what you needed in all the threads on carbs just means that a little more definitive information on these old gems in the rough needs to be put together.
Last edited by Tech on November 21, 2010, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

What Tech said. That is the simplest carb ever to rebuild, and they are pretty reliable, too. Read the instructions with the kit. If you can build a model airplane or car, you can do this carb! :lol:
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!
Tech

Post by Tech »

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_li ... 0_carb.pdf

This will tell you more than you ever wanted to know.
Tech
Roc
France

Post by Roc »

Thanks Tech and others , I will see what I can find to rebuilt it with friend help because I have two left hands :evil: :wink:
1966 F 100 shortbed
1965 hardtop mustang
FORD AND ONLY FORD
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

there is always something like this one at Summit Roc.... A lot of times a carb just isn't rebuildable and you have to buy another one. My sons on his F-250 for example... we put a rebuild kit in it and it didn't work.... It was worn out around the arms that run throught the carb... still leaked like a sift... :lol: ... In these cases, I like to think Summit is a reputable source....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-64-5334/

Hope this helps...