why cant I sell this truck

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66merc-ford

why cant I sell this truck

Post by 66merc-ford »

I have placed ads every place I can think is it not old enough or what ?[/img]
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

I could be wrong but...
what you may see as being motivated to sell looks like desperation. Its abit off putting. When dealing with old cars and trucks people are leery of sellers anyway, probably even more so when its random internet solicitation.
6Slick5

Post by 6Slick5 »

Of course pictures would always help! And you are new here and the first thing you want to do is sell one of the things we treasure. That's not looked at very highly.

I have been a member of this forum for almost a year and still consider myself new here.

If you would post some pic's, detailed information about the truck, and maybe a reason why you want to sell. That would generate more interest.

Just my 2 cents.

Have Fun!
Marty
65 F-100
94 F-150 (Daily Driver)
2006 Vibe (Wife's Car)
65 Karmen Ghia (Son's Car)
Iron Horse Bicycle, trying to save some gas money!
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I went and looked at your add, and I will make comment on selling one of these trucks. In the last two years, I've seen a major drop in value and demand for our trucks.I percieve this to be a reflection of gas prices.. These trucks are still desirable, but are poor man collecter vehicles. The common everday Joe is who was buying these trucks. With the increase in gas costs and the following increase in prices of everything else because of it, money is short. Yours being a 3/4 ton also reflects the gas price problem, as 3/4 ton trucks use more gas. Great truck for a diesel transplant but most don't want to fool with it. Someone else mentioned the picture thing, and eye appeal is important. Sounds like you have a good truck, but bad timing for selling. I have many of these trucks, and I have one 3/4 ton for sale, which is a sweetheart of a truck. Newly rebuilt motor, near new tires, brakes clutch, NOS flywheel, and nearly new radiater. No rust thru on truck cab, radiater support or fenders. Some one hood, and a tiny spot in bed at front. Truck loks good but needs paint , asking 4 thousand and have had lookers but no offers, so don't feel bad. Most people on this site have trucks, and few are looking for a truck in that price range, as most already have at least one. If it's not a bargain, most of us will not be in the buying mood. Hope this helps explain the situation somewhat.

Rich
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I have a 64 short flareside project for sale also, not even a nibble. If you want to sell one and it needs any work at all just be patient, if it's done unless it's "too cheap to pass up" still be patient. I am not getting out of Slicks per say, this just isn't the truck I want (long story). I may end up just giving up and fixing it up anyway, at least it's already apart, lol. You also have to consider that most of us here have a pride and joy, your best bet for a buyer is a newby to the group who is looking for one and joins here as part of his search. That does look like a real nice truck though.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

I'm not sure this is going to help or not, but since I just went through it selling Stella, I guess I'm in the loop. I would have thought that Stella would have brought between 13k to 16k. She was a nice looker and while not the best in the group I would say top 20 or 30 anyway. I worked at selling her off and on for over a year. I even took her to the Good Guys show in Seattle last year and had a lot of looks, but no calls. I probably had 20 people taking pictures of her, but still no calls. I had her listed on 3 web sites with a ton of pictures and I believe I was very accurate on my description of her. All in all, until I dropped the price to 10k I didn't get much action. As soon as I hit that price point, I had 3 buyers.
Again, it's a tough market now. I have seen cars and trucks that I would have thought could bring in the mid teens, go for 10k to 12k. The will reflect to 3k and up trucks as well.
For those of you that had never seen her, here is a nice picture of her.
She now lives at a great home in Arizona.
Vinnie
Vinnie
Slickless in Seattle
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I always have thought that this a very nice uni-body truck, I had a friend that had a 1971 that won many tropies at the supernats, he was so particular when cleaning the engine compartment he pull the motor so no spot was never missed, All NOS Parts where installed , watch him on the bed take every spot weld apart clean and redo, The truck was that great but when he went to sell he barely got 8000 out of a truck that should have been 15,000 + so somebody got a nice truck, It's really how bad somebody falls in love with a vehicle willing to pay whatever it takes... I know Vinnie It must have been hard to let go of your pride & joy,, I know we get some trucks in here that are great solid trucks & its hard for me to sell them I like to keep them but anyway or hard for me to part them out but at least I know the trucks/parts are going to good homes, & also good luck on selling your your mercury truck 66merc-ford , I like to have a mercury truck someday it will come around when I see that ceratin truck has to catch my eye
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
blackagatha

I know you guys aren't interested in my opinion, but...

Post by blackagatha »

I would NEVER sell my truck! She's my old, ratty baby! These trucks are for loving, not making a profit/ even coming anywhere near breaking even... If I ever have to sell Aggie, it's gonna kill me. I know for some people, a truck is just that, and it's ok, but I'm different, I guess. More like the die-hards here...
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Russell, you have had that truck for sale for ages, I remember it being $11,000, then $10,000, now $3000 OBO. It is on just about every site I am a member of, usually with no pics and a crazy price tag, people are confused.

Plus, now there's the fact most Americans are skeered to come get a Canadian truck, because they don't come with a title, which is the first thing you need to register it in the States. There must be a way to overcome that, but few are willing to do that legwork. Have you tried putting it in the Vancouver Auto trader or Canadian Old Car trader for $3000? bet you would get some local action on it then.

Why do you need to sell it so bad? are you leaving the Country?

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

Johnny Canuck wrote:...they don't come with a title, which is the first thing you need to register it in the States. There must be a way to overcome that, but few are willing to do that legwork.

wha.gif ???? How do you regester it? When a vehicle gets sold how does it work? Interesting stuff. I 'd love to get some schooling on how it's done "up north". :hm:

P.S. Sorry about the highjacking. :oops:
John
Image Image Image
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

John, basically all you need to register a Vehicle in Canada is a Bill of sale with the VIN and proof of insurance.
Since Motor Vehicles access the VIN on thier computer to register it, and assumedly it doesn't show up as stolen, you are good to go.

If I bought Russell's truck, I would also have to fork out about 80 bucks for an out-of-province inspection, too.

Nowhere in Canada to my knowledge do they issue Titles.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

Hmm... :hm: Interesting. Thanks John. When I bought my F350 I had title troubles. If I were in Canada I would have had no worries.

The inspection thing only happens when you buy out of providence, or on a regular basis? Here, a regularly registered vehicle needs to have inspection every 2 years. Unless it is brand new, then you get 4 years before the first inspection is due. I say "regularly registered vehicle" because "historic registration" (25yeras or older) doesn't get inspected at all.
John
Image Image Image
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

To put it in a close to home comparison, John, it would be like this.

It's as if you bought a truck in Rhode Island or New York, you'd have to have an out-of-state inspection. Basically the inspection is as to the roadworthiness of the vehicle, and to show that there isn't some major structural damage or hazard related to the truck. You would then have 30 days to fix anything wrong with the vehicle, and prove it had been fixed, before you could get your plates (tags).

Same applies to a used vehicle imported from the States, if it's less than X number of years old, (I think its ten or 15) then it has to comply with Canadian law and have daytime running lights, and speedo in Kilometres/Hour etc. Older vehicles (20+) dont have to comply.

There is no yearly inspection in Alberta. Basically if you bought a vehicle that spent it's whole life in this province, and kept it, you would never need to get it inspected. Insurance companies ask you to get an inspection on a car older than 10 years, if you have not been the owner of it since it was newer than that.
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

I wish it was easy like that here. It is a major headache sometimes. The inspection laws are different all over the country, too. My sister lives in Daytona Florida and doesn't ever need inspection. My father lives in Palm Beach Gardens Florida and he does need inpection. :hm: I think they make it up as they go along sometimes.

Thanks John, for all the info.
John
Image Image Image
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Inspections differ from province to province here, too. The rust belt down east has more inspections, and BC and Ontario at least have smog inspections.

In Alberta, the wind comes off the Rockies and blows all the smog to the gophers in Saskatchewan, so we don't. :lol: Image
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on April 3, 2007, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Here in the BiKiNi State Inspection Requirements are proportionate to Population Density numbers.
Once X number of people inhabit a given area their density ratio exceeds the bio-infrastructure's ability to handle
population generated by-product & emissions overload, etc. Also the greater a population is, the more traffic there is.
They want to make sure idiots who make up the traffic keep up with having good brakes, steering, suspension, lights
and emissions systems and general safety on their vehicles. It all makes complette sense to me. :roll:

In fact the majority of us voted for it when it was on the statewide ballot a few years back. :thumright:
It seems to hold the line on eco-damage & make high density traffic areas safer to drive in too. :steering:

So why shouldn't we pass a statewide law like that? :roll:

FBp :2cents: :peepwall: scared.gif Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Johnny is that your pet :?: :lol: :lol:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

LOL well you better call PETA then cause those are target practice around here, Tom
hunting.gif
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Hey, don't mess with the Saskatchewan Armed Forces!

6Slick5

Post by 6Slick5 »

We launched one of them critters in a rocket one time. When it came back down it ran around in circles a little bit then run off and we could not find him again.

Even made a helmet out of a ping pong ball for him :lol:

:oops: Probably not a good idea to try that now days!

Have Fun!
Marty
65 F-100
94 F-150 (Daily Driver)
2006 Vibe (Wife's Car)
65 Karmen Ghia (Son's Car)
Iron Horse Bicycle, trying to save some gas money!