The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

danray63

Post by danray63 »

Just joined and saying hello. I have a '63 F100 short bed flare side. I bought it 2 yrs ago. It's been sitting in my garage since, and just finally got started on it. I bought new cab corners, step and kick plates, floor pans, rockers and hinge pillars. Plans are to do frame off restoration, and change from 223 I6 to a 300 6 with 4 or 5 speed tranny. I just removed drivers side door, grill and both fenders to find another suprise. Not sure what ya call it, but I think has to do with the cowl on the side under the fender that is curved down. It is rotted out, so looks like I'm into some more sheetmetal work. This is gonna be real fun.
semotrucker

Post by semotrucker »

Welcome to the party. You will find tons of useful info here plus a great group of people. We love pics.

Cam
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

welcome.gif Dan. I'm a Buckeye myself living in PA. I also have the 223 and can promise you that someone on this site knows what your talking about. Pics always help, and it won't take long for someone to respond. :hello: again, and enjoy the site!
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
danray63

Post by danray63 »

I got some pics on a photo bucket I'll try to get them up here for ya. Thanks for the welcome!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Re: New member

Post by DV65CustomCab »

danray63 wrote:I bought new cab corners, step and kick plates, floor pans, rockers and hinge pillars. the cowl on the side under the fender that is curved down. It is rotted out, so looks like I'm into some more sheetmetal work. This is gonna be real fun.

If I may be the voice of reason here...I'd scrap that cab and get another. That's a ton of work. When you consider a clean used cab would probably be $500-$750 (I haven't shopped lately, but that range seems about right) and all you have to do is paint it vs what the patch panels and your time are worth, it's a far better deal. Ask our resident Junkyard Dog what he could get you a cab for.

Unless welding is your idea of fun, of course...
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Hey Dan!!! wave.gif Welcome to the affliction known as Slick-itus!! Photobucket is pretty easy to upload from... just copy and paste.... OHIO is a big place, where are you?? I am in Huntington WV just across the river... I have done all you say you need to do to yours and the reason I didn't get a cab was that I could not afford the money to buy, then have shipped... Rust is common around here :cry: look forward to seeing your '63 come together........
macgiobuin

Post by macgiobuin »

Welcome aboard!
My Baby: 1966 F100
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

:welcome: From Missouri.Alot of great people here and a wealth of information
danray63

Post by danray63 »

I'm in the East Canton area. I have thought about another cab, But I'll keep this one for 2 reasons. 1. I think I'd be looking for a long time around here to find one worth buying, and 2. I just spent over 550.00 on sheetmetal and there is a 3rd reason. I want to do it myself just for the satisfaction. I know I'll be kicking myself in the rear everday for awhile, but it will be worth it. There shouldnt be anymore surprises now, cause I can see all the bad.
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

:welcome: from Michigan Good looking truck. I like the Flaresides.
Tom Williams
64shortie

Post by 64shortie »

Good to have you here. Jump on in, the rust is warm. I've only been a member for a short time and have already gleaned a ton of info. Oh, the humans are friendly too.
Love those little square trucks
64 F100 short cust. cab
Custom built Harley FXSTC
2000 supercharged Bonneville
1965 F350

Re: New member

Post by 1965 F350 »

danray63 wrote:Just joined and saying hello. I have a '63 F100 short bed flare side. I bought it 2 yrs ago. It's been sitting in my garage since, and just finally got started on it. I bought new cab corners, step and kick plates, floor pans, rockers and hinge pillars. Plans are to do frame off restoration, and change from 223 I6 to a 300 6 with 4 or 5 speed tranny. I just removed drivers side door, grill and both fenders to find another suprise. Not sure what ya call it, but I think has to do with the cowl on the side under the fender that is curved down. It is rotted out, so looks like I'm into some more sheetmetal work. This is gonna be real fun.

Welcome, from one new guy to another.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Welcome from Louisiana!
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
64shortbed

Post by 64shortbed »

Welcome from California. It's fun to watch the threads from the guys that do their own welding and body work. I admire your skills and perserverance.
-don
'64 F100 262-I6
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

Welcome from Indiana. :hello:

'63 Short Flareside makes for a real nice truck.

I admire your courage in fixing the rust instead of discarding the cab. If you have time, while you go through the rapairs, a step-by- step post in the Builds Section could be a real help to others with rust problems.
Roger Carter
United States of America

Post by Roger Carter »

welcome.gif and Hello from the Portland, Oregon area.
There are plenty of people on this site that have been where you are and can offer some very solid advice. Good luck with your project.

Roger Carter
frdnut

Post by frdnut »

Welcome from Ontario,Canada...This is a great site..You will like it here.. :D
1965 F100(the wifes)
1968 Mustang 408W stroker
don morris II

Post by don morris II »

:welcome: from michigan
FORD, FAST, FLYING, FIRST, ALL START WITH F IS,NT THAT "SLICK"
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Welcome, from God's country. :welcome:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
lastwagen 66
Germany

Post by lastwagen 66 »

welcome.gif from North Texas ! Carl
“What we’ve got here is … failure to communicate.” The Captain, in Cool Hand Luke

‘66 F100 CC Styleside LWB 352, auto "Phoebe" SOLD 2011 - Gone but not Forgotten!

‘01 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 7.3L , 2WD, SB "Crusher II" is my DD....330K and counting.... 9/08/17