Been a while......

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

splundigg

Been a while......

Post by splundigg »

Hello everyone, I was a member of the old msn group from when I first got my 63 short stepside about five years ago. He was very battered and bruised and unloved having lived in a Northern California field without engine tranny and windows for at least ten years before that. Well, after buying him and letting him sit until last summer, it finally became his turn to become one again! Now, this part of his story is going to upset a few of you and maybe even condemn me to eternal damnation.. something like driving a Mazda truck or worse... a Kia! Anyway, here goes.......
He had no motor, tranny, odd wheels, I beam front axle, 8 lug Dana 60 in the back, destroyed interior, yes, he was in a bad way! I also happened to have a 1980 K5 Blazer kicking around in the barn with a dead tranny and no hope of ever passing smog again. I love the look of my F100 and I used to enjoy the power of the K5..... yeah you guessed it, after careful consideration and much Coors light.... it happened. F100 meets K5. Told you it would p*** most of you off!
Now my everyday commute truck is a 1963 hybrid 4x4 with just over 350hp 38 inch ground hawg tires and no smog requirements. The interior is all leather from a later model Ford minivan, power brakes, tilt power steering, front discs and above all very reliable!
I know he is no longer a pure slick, but I feel I have saved him from a nasty fate and gained him lots of admirable comments and looks in the few months that I have been enjoying him.
Please don't hate me for doing this!
:D
It sure is pretty!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

No hate.
Just pity.
Kind of like having a strange uncle living under the stairs that nobody wants to talk about.... ROTF.
At least you picked the best body style available and then had the good manners to warn us ahead of time.
Just make sure you park in the back where no one can see you. 8)
Welcome back anyway.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
splundigg

Post by splundigg »

Thanks for the kind words Skip, its kinda like driving the red headed step child of an F100! There were more than a few problems encountered, Ford switches to C**** wiring, C**** brake pedal onto the Ford brackets, finding out that with very little work a 65 Mustang heater core fits and works perfectly and looks stock! Much more besides! But it was a lot of fun building him and now even more fun driving him!
It sure is pretty!
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Do you have any pic of this heinz 63 truck?
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

If the title is in your name and you like it, then it is correct!!! Thanks, Lyman.
splundigg

Post by splundigg »

I have just put a pic taken with my cell phone into my album here.
Yes, the title/pink slip is in my name... costs a massive $16 per year for my registration! Loving it! :lol:
It sure is pretty!
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

A Mazda truck is closer to a Ford than a C.... they are a Ford in disguise with a better warranty. Any how your truck do with it as you please.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Good looking truck. Lots of work for sure. Enjoy!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Jim
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

:shock:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

th_inconcievable.gif this is the first time I've seen JC speechless :!: evil_lol.gif
Anyway it's your's but I probaly not run for office here on that platform th_maniacal.gif
welcome.gif
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

I likey!!! Plain fact is, most of us DON'T keep our trucks true to the way Henry Ford put it together. Some change a lot, some change a little. I think you did the right thing: you had two trucks headed for the heap and you saved the good parts and made a cool vehicle.

Good Job!
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

:lol: Man, that truck looks wicked!
Like some kind of stealth bomber looking for something to smash like roadkill. Big honkin Slick 4x4s are a rarity. I like it! TR
splundigg

Post by splundigg »

I have posted a several better pics to my album.
I am proud to say that only the C**** parts leak oil! lol
Thanks for the great comments though, maybe I can get to a couple of shows sometime..... arrival under cover of darkness, but my flowmaster is very loud... but hey... loud pipes save lives!
It sure is pretty!
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

im all about building a cool truck on the cheap. id do something like that, but the only dead vehicle i have to donate crap from is a 94 saturn...
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Well, I am with pretty much everyone else on mixing chevy and Ford. With that said it does look REALLY COOL! and after all it's YOUR truck so I am not going to bag on you or it. And as you said at least you did something to get it on the road. You could always just leave it that way til you find a Bronco frame. :lol: Don't think you'll have to worry bout these guys.riot.gif
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Johnny Canuck wrote::shock:

That shoulda been a "biting tongue" smiley. :laughing:

Looks like a fun truck, I like it's name. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!