Mac's Antique Auto Parts Rant

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sarg

Mac's Antique Auto Parts Rant

Post by Sarg »

Well, my mother was in town and wanted to get me something for Christmas while she was here. She had no idea what I needed for the truck but wanted to help out. I told her some floor pans would be great! We jump online as it was on a Sunday and after hours and do the order. This was on January 22nd. She pays, everything is presumed good.

Monday rolls around. I get an email telling me there is going to be an additional charge on the shipping because it is oversized. I reply asking how big they are as the charges seemed a bit excessive. I have shipped a Subaru short block that weighs 130 lbs and was insured for $2000 for just a little more than they were charging. I get no response by that afternoon so I call and talk to someone. He goes on to tell me that the shipping charges are pretty much what they are. I say ok and give him my card to run the additional amount on as I didn't want my mother to get an unexpected (near double) charge on her card. I ask if I could get a shipping confirmation that day and he said no problem.

A couple days go by and I still have heard nothing. I then get an email asking if I still wanted the floor pans. I call back again, manage to get in touch with the same guy. Asked him if there was a problem. He said I should respond to the email and let them know that I had given them the card for the excess amount.

A couple more days go by and by Saturday I still have nothing. I call up and speak to a very nice girl who apparently can't get anything done as there is no one there on Saturday. Order still has not shipped one week after the initial order. I asked her to have a manager or supervisor call me Monday.

Monday rolls around, the same girl calls back saying she is still working on it. Tuesday rolls around. She calls again saying that there was a hold because apparently in my email I said to call if there was any problems. The manager had a hold on the order for no apparent reason

So I ask if she could get it shipped out today and asked that the supervisor give me a call today. She said she would do what she could.

This afternoon comes and at around 4pm I still had heard from no one. So I call back yet again. I ask if a supervisor is available and was told they were all in meetings. I ask if my order had shipped and she said it had not and after 5-10 minutes of holding finds out that the order is on hold by some manager still. At that point I canceled the order.

So does anyone have any good locations for floor pans that can manage to get an order shipped in under a week? :cussing:
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Tom @ Flashback 100's. He's also
a member here.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Sarg

Post by Sarg »

Cool, I will give them a call. I found the website and price is pretty reasonable. Now to check shipping.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

He's in N.C. So shipping shouldn't be too bad.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Sarg

Post by Sarg »

Thanks for the tip! Are they mainly a salvage operation?
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Tom sells new & used parts and I think maybe whole trucks.
Not all repop parts are as good as others - Tom carries only the good ones so there is no "guessing" about what you will be getting. He sells Dennis Carpenter glass seals - they fit, LMC seals will leak - he doesn't sell those.

http://flashbackf100s.com/
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Tom sells both high quality new and rust free used parts.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

Tom's a straight shooter. He tells you straight up what he can and cannot do for you, and he treats you fair and right. Best of all, he deals in person with you.
Sarg

Post by Sarg »

Sounds like a good guy to deal with. I will give him a ring tomorrow.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

if you want to know about tom @ flashbacks, just let me say this. go online or anywhere you want and find me a pair of 67/69 steel headlight doors. not only did he have them, the were nos and in factory prime condition...and for a reasonable price (about what lmc sells the repop aluminum doors for).
i was sold for life. will buy anything i can from tom/
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I bought some cab mounts from Tom and was very pleased and the shipping was right too.

I had a probablem with MAC's too, essentially the same as yours. I finally got discusted and ordered my stuff from Dennis Carpenter.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Unibodyguy1

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

Tom and Kathy are the only people I go through now. Excellent people to buy from and great to talk trucks with too!

Michael
White97

Post by White97 »

I bought both vent window assemblies from Tom and they were as perfect as he said they would be.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
Santi

Post by Santi »

I got mine from Tom also and the nice thing is you actually get to speak with him most of the time. The first time I called he informed me they wouldn't be in for 2 weeks so he told me to call back and see if he received them. I thought this was good since he didn't take my payment until he knew for sure they were in.

Called him back 2 weeks later, he had just got them in, and took my payment. Both Floor Panels were here within a week. Very good customer service and reliable. Definitely recommend them.
BigMike
United States of America

Post by BigMike »

I've gotten great service from DC. I will try CC in the future though.

I'm still waiting on my upholstery kit from John's Fun 100's. I finally got a hold of them a couple of weeks ago and she said it would most likely ship early last week. So far, haven't seen it. They are moving warehouses but I'm going by her latest update. Plus, why don't they put something on their website saying things are slow due to the move.

I just don't understand some vendors.
1965 F250 352 4spd/Dana 4.10 (sold)
1991 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
2006 Cheby Silverado
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - yeah, it's a HEMI
66ford

Post by 66ford »

I live 25 mins away from there shop, so ive never had problems...lol
1966 LWB 352
1969 Fairlane Conv't, 302.
16 and loving life.
R.I.P Cam
BigMike
United States of America

Post by BigMike »

66ford wrote:I live 25 mins away from there shop, so ive never had problems...lol

Go tell them they suck! :lol:
1965 F250 352 4spd/Dana 4.10 (sold)
1991 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
2006 Cheby Silverado
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - yeah, it's a HEMI
weezle

Post by weezle »

BigMike wrote:
66ford wrote:I live 25 mins away from there shop, so ive never had problems...lol

Go tell them they suck! :lol:
HA!!! That made my day!!! :lol:
Matt

1966 F-100 352 3-speed
2003 F-150 FX4 5.4L Auto
66ford

Post by 66ford »

Ive pretty much rebuilt the truck and the fairlane from their company, and 1 or 2 big things from dennis carpenter. But i believe mac's only problem is with their shipping department...
1966 LWB 352
1969 Fairlane Conv't, 302.
16 and loving life.
R.I.P Cam
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Strange enough did get a call today about floor pans ,, did say we are in Moultrie, Ga this week and do have some here to save on shipping,, They are not a oversize box but not a small box but i have sent several cross country and to Canada ,, from Atlanta take 75 south to exit 62 take Hwy 319 south into Moultrie then find spence field To Find left at the Chevron at first light, then i think 3rd light by the hardee's take a left then about 4 miles on left is spence field we are by the John Deere Sign

just be carefull several speed traps at 35 and 45 mph zones
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo