Next location of SlickStock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dadstruck
Canada

What to expect???

Post by dadstruck »

Hi Guys
javascript:emoticon('feedback.gif')
Okay I'm not new to the forum, had hoped to get to slick stock in 2010 but missed it. For some reason it did not hit my radar. I have been to many car shows and car club event. As a "newby" to Slick Stock give me some idea of what to expect after 18 hours of driving from Toronto Ontario.

Daily summer driving is a 1964 M100 long box style side.
302 fuel injected V8 with four speed automatic, toyota power steering, front disc brakes and a fiberglass tonneau cover the size of a dance floor.

http://www.tlcappraisal.ca/Restorations.html

Phil
Mercury 64 M100 LB style side
FE 5.0, 4 sp. Auto, Toyota PS.
Power disc brake
Phil
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Everyone will think your ride is cool.

Everyone will treat you good and you will make some friends.

You will see JC (but not his truck...he doesn't realy have one.)

It realy is like no other club / show that I have ever been to. It is not just "The Guys" the wives are there too and kids. Makes for more of a family reunion than a "show". Always worth the drive...you realy need to come.

It will be in KC, so the BBQ (and Beer) will be fantastic!!!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

phil, it's not worth it....unless you like cool trucks, great people, awesome food, and lots of beer. some will even say coolers magically refill themselves.
also, you have to like tall tales, good jokes, and great conversation.
sound good? if so, we hope to see you and your truck there in the summer of 2012 (providing the world doesn't end).
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

August 2009 of Custom Classic Trucks has an article about Slickstock that pretty much describes the event to a "T"

Careful bringing a Mercury, them slicksters are vultures!

I been to 08 and 10, will never miss another. Just read some of the posts from the past events and look at the pictures. Sums it all up. Besides, we can always use another Canuck there
Mark

DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

The number of trucks is misleading. I know some people will look at the attendance numbers and think "why bother?" compared to much larger shows.

But, trust me, it isn't about the numbers. This is one unique pack of people. You'll come a stranger and leave with an entire new family. :)
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

it makes me feel like this .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvRGh2NEjSU
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Its a place where in 3 or 4 very short days you will make life long friends.And a parking lot full of people looking at old ford trucks who think just like you.( ok that part might be a little scary) :wink:

Mike
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
aarons428
Germany

Post by aarons428 »

I went to ss2010 this was my first ss and i will hopefully not miss anymore it was a blast good people good food and good beverages. you will never feel out of place.
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

SS is something that is hard to explain, it has to be experienced. It will be one of the best times with the freinds you have never met before. My wife and I plan our vacations around 2 things, back to the 50's every Year and SS every other year, we will not miss one. If you enjoy looking at trucks, sharing ideas, telling tall tales ( well sometimes ) and just plain hanging out with some of the greatest people then this is the Event for you. We have members from Australia, Canada, Alaska , and all over the lower 48 attending. Go back through the forums for the previous SlickStocks and check out some of the pictures. Hope to see you in K.C in 2012
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Last year was our first time attending (even without a running slick, we brought the fridge). We had fun. The hardest part for us was arriving mid day Friday and everything already going on. Hard for me to get caught up! For your first contact upon arriving, look for a top hat.

It was kind of hard to put an internet name with a real name for me. Maybe name tags? I have trouble remembering names anyway, maybe we can number everyone? That's was my only problem, I guess. Also, didn't help us that we waited until the last minute to go due to work, and the host motel was full. Ended up a couple miles away and that was our fault. Did get to drive my truck more though!

It is a lot like a family reunion where you don't see the family a lot but you talk to them on the internet (difference there was I never saw anything close to the family arguments that usually break out at our family reunions!). That said, everyone was very nice, friendly and had a good time. Lots of truck talk and comparing ways of doing things. Ended up at the same restuarant as others Saturday night (opted out of the cookout that night) and had a nice conversation over supper. Fun comparing Iowa to California and Texas (we have Texas toast in Iowa but they don't in Texas, who knew?) Bring a lawn chair, cooler of your favorite beverage, sun screen, a pop-up tent if you have one, and have fun.

Open yourself to the event. I can be kind of a stick-in-the-mud until I know somebody but we had a really good time in spite of me. Always felt welcomed, enjoyed the conversations and events. Wife had fun. Highly recommended event!

Was an agenda of events posted before the event last year? That might help newbies when attending know what to expect.

Looking forward to the trip to KC!
SPark
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

It's like a family reunion without that one cousin that always throws up on the banquet table! Thanks, Lyman.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Phil, Lyn and I have been to the last two and will not miss the next!, what everyone else has said is spot on!, and if you come!, you will most likely meet Noris!, the other Dadstruk :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Seeing everyone in person that you know all the stories behind their quirks (and they yours), getting to be a part of the various conversations and jokes, knowing that each member genuinely welcomes and cares about you and your kids running around having the best time ever. Was that just the kids? JK!! Looking forward to it for so long and not wanting to miss any part of it. Willing to endure the long drive because all the stops you make are part of it, people asking you about the truck "You drove all the way from where?" Getting to see new places. Great hospitality. Words cannot adequately describe, well mine anyway welcome.gif
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
dadstruck
Canada

Okay We're In

Post by dadstruck »

The wife and I looked at the pictures last night. Everyone appears to be having a good time. I guess it's time to load up the truck and take it on holidays for a week. Time to look back into the forum for the reservation information.

Phil
Power disc brake
Phil
dadstruck
Canada

Okay We're In

Post by dadstruck »

The wife and I looked at the pictures last night. Everyone appears to be having a good time. I guess it's time to load up the truck and take it on holidays for a week. Time to look back into the forum for the reservation information.

Phil
Power disc brake
Phil
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

And you just never know we could have an Ontario Convoy :shock:
Plus I won't be the only Canuck from East of the Manitoba Border at SS 8) :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Casey 65
United States of America

Slick Stock update

Post by Casey 65 »

OK guys and gals. Planning underway. There will be all you can eat pizza, A fantastic BBQ supper, a tour of Boulevard Brewery (they send me a Christmas card... :D ) plus some surprises!!
Also, I intend to have the schedules on line prior to you all leaving for SS5. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
aarons428
Germany

Post by aarons428 »

Are we goimg to be able to go to the drag strip like they have told me in the past?please please please please
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

aarons428 wrote:Are we goimg to be able to go to the drag strip like they have told me in the past?please please please please

down boy, you'll get your chance :rocker:
Mark

MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

aarons428 wrote:Are we goimg to be able to go to the drag strip like they have told me in the past?please please please please

Ummm..HELL YES!!!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread