Junk yard jackpot for swamp slick

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kekrkaki

Junk yard jackpot for swamp slick

Post by kekrkaki »

Man did I luck out last week. I was out in Utah for business when I spotted a yard with (2) 1966 slicks in it. I pulled in and asked the guy if he wanted to sell any parts off it. He said I could get what I wanted off them for a price. Well, I got a hood, two outer fenders, core support, two inner fenders and the complete front grill assembly for $200 bucks. I spent 6 hrs taking rusted nuts and bolts appart but it was worth it. I just plain ran out of time (and skin) to strip parts. My business will take me back in May so I need to inventory my slick needs between now and then. The guy said he was expecting another slick in and it might be there by the time I get back. I feel like I won the lottery. The parts are not perfect (dents) but their is practically no rust (one small spot on the core) and much better than what I have. God smiled on me :D :D :D
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

cool deal, its getting harder and harder finding stuff nobody wants but us for cheap :lol:
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

There are alot of uninformed folks out there with parts - vehicles and a mild touch of greed. Old=$$$$$, lol, even if there is only one buyer for they're stuff in town. I once had a neighbor who had a 1950 plymouth 4 door, wasn't in bad shape at all for it's age but I seriously doubt it was worth the $45000 that he was convinced it was, lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Greg you should meet the guys who have old Mercury trucks in thier farmyards, returning to the Earth in a more than timely fashion. Every single one is worth its weight in Gold. :roll:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Where in Utah were you?
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
kekrkaki

Post by kekrkaki »

Sorry for the late response, I was out of town again.
I was in Moab Utah when I found the junkyard.

I'm still working on taking off all the old sheetmetal. The cab looks pretty bad. Both mounts are gone, both foot wells are see through and the lower pillars are gone. I see there are patch panels available so I might have to give them a try.