Share some Hobbies

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Hookedtrout

Share some Hobbies

Post by Hookedtrout »

When abrasilian posted up his new Mt. Bike it got me thinking it would be fun to see what other hobbies everyone has. I'm hobby overloaded but I sure enjoy them. I'll get started and share some pictures, love to see what hobbies you guys/girls have.

My hobbies aside from classic cars and trucks, big game archery and rifle hunting, fly fishing, off road Jeeping and ATVing, cross country skiing, camping, hiking, mt. biking, model railroad, photography, art collecting, custom framing and matting (side business for fun), whitewater rafting, woodworking in general and I'm sure I've forgot several others but that's a big start I guess.

Pictures:
Here are some of the custom framing and matting I've done, some customer work and some is my own collection.

Here are some of my photography, I've taken these over the last couple of years, I have a million and several I've enlarged and framed.

Here's some of the outdoor stuff I love, starting with a picture of me white water rafting the Lochsa river in Idaho.
My Son's archery elk this year, 7th largest Pope and Young in the state of Idaho

This is me and my youngest sons model RR adventure, we relocated an old chicken coop and rebuilt it and turned it into a RR shack.

Sorry if this was a bit of overload, I was up at 4:30 am and bored.
Cory

1962 F100 SWB Unibody, 223
1931 Ford 5 window coupe
1968 GT/California Special Mustang, 289
Complete 61 LWB Unibody parts truck with 292 Y Block
ABA

Post by ABA »

Amazing work. 8)
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

ABA wrote:Amazing work. 8)
Thanks Jerry, I've always said it's good to have hobbies, keeps me and my kids out of trouble.

What other hobbies do you have?
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
ABA

Post by ABA »

Hookedtrout wrote:
ABA wrote:Amazing work. 8)
Thanks Jerry, I've always said it's good to have hobbies, keeps me and my kids out of trouble.

What other hobbies do you have?
Well nothing like yours. I have done some woodworking. Made a CD cabinet for my wife that holds over 700 CDs, And some shelves here and there, simple stuff.
I walk my dogs 3 miles 4 days a week and work out. I like playing video games. Got into modding and editing them some but that takes a lot of time so I don't do it much now. I got a ton of racing games and it can be fun to open them up and make your own paint jobs on the cars.
Not as easy as it sounds.
I like custom flames
And I did this RedBull
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Jerry
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

My youngest son is a video game fanatic, he loves all the war games like Black Ops and all of them that come before those, he has some racing games as well. I had no idea you could get in and modify the games? That's amazing, I thought it was all just discs and you were at it's mercy? Sounds like an amazing talent to me if you figured out how to get in there and make those games do what you want, I need to have you get in my son's and make it so he wins quicker so he'll come play with me instead of the game all the time....

At least I finally put him in his own flat screen downstairs so I can get in a few minutes watching the news on the TV upstairs. :lol:
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
ABA

Post by ABA »

Mine are all PC games. I don't think you can mod the console games.
I like a good horror shooter too like the FEAR games. Scare the crap out of ya too.
For me gaming is a great stress release.
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Jerry
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

ABA wrote:Mine are all PC games. I don't think you can mod the console games.
I like a good horror shooter too like the FEAR games. Scare the crap out of ya too.
For me gaming is a great stress release.
I watch my son play and he makes it look so easy and then I get on and try and...let's just say it isn't stress release for me, it stresses me that I can't figure it out. He can't figure out why I won't play against him. Heck I walk out of a building and he kills me, I can't even find him and I'm dead?

The racing games I like and I do like to watch my son play because he is good at it.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Those are some excellent pics. I to am a video game fan but I wouldn't call it a hobby. I like putting together WW1 wooden model airplanes and I'm a collector of Gulf Oil products. I'm also an American History buff but occasionally dig into world history. I used to be a John Wayne movie poster collector but like the Gulf Oil products that can get pricey. I have made a serious decision to get into better shape once the weather warms up a bit but for now I try to spend time on the elliptical or the weight bench. Good topic!
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Thanks for sharing Duke, my son loves WWI and WWII memorabilia, he spends hours with lego's recreating tanks, planes, what ever it is, you two could probably talk for hours.

Here's a couple of planes, the silver B-24 I made him out of a block of wood and the lego plane is one that he made, he'd have to tell you what it is, I have no idea. He had to tell me the silver one was a B-24, he printed the picture then made me go to the woodshop and I couldn't quit till it was done. Fun stuff.

Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I like doing this, just don't have much time anymore to do it
http://www.wikihow.com/Brew-Beer-Using-All-Grain-Method

but when I do the results are this
(category 4 and 14)
http://www.netcon.ca/werthogs/contest/contest2010.html
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Johnny Canuck wrote:I like doing this, just don't have much time anymore to do it
http://www.wikihow.com/Brew-Beer-Using-All-Grain-Method

but when I do the results are this
(category 4 and 14)
http://www.netcon.ca/werthogs/contest/contest2010.html
Nice, a gold and a silver. If you ever do a moonshine run south of the border make sure to swing by Idaho and give me a taste, I'll give you all gold best of shows. I love a good micro or home made beer. Cheers!!
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hookedtrout wrote: If you ever do a moonshine run south of the border make sure to swing by Idaho and give me a taste, I'll give you all gold best of shows. I love a good micro or home made beer. Cheers!!
LOL not much of it makes it out of my house for some reason!! but as for best of show...
http://www.netcon.ca/werthogs/contest/contest2003.html
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Hookedtrout wrote: If you ever do a moonshine run south of the border make sure to swing by Idaho and give me a taste, I'll give you all gold best of shows. I love a good micro or home made beer. Cheers!!
LOL not much of it makes it out of my house for some reason!! but as for best of show...
http://www.netcon.ca/werthogs/contest/contest2003.html
You must be dang good at it!! I was reading in Outside magazine one time an article on the 50 best beers in the world and the beer that was voted best was a Belgium (sp) beer and I thought to myself, I need to try that beer just to see. So I went on line and believe it or not the closest place I could find that carried it was Belgium? Go figure. By the time I had me a 4 pack imported it was right at $100, there was a nice surprise when they arrived, they were bottles the size of a 5th of whiskey and they had the spring loaded cork tops on them so it wasn't as if they were 12 oz bottles, at least I felt it justified the $100 a little better... I drank'em down and savored them well. Would I do it again? Probably not, theres much better local micro brewed beer within a short drive but it makes for a good story once in awhile.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
f100matt

Post by f100matt »

I play some bluegrass flatpicking guitar, not that good but getting better, also pick a little 5 string banjo. In the fall I do a little duck hunting, also like to trout fish and go to the trap range.

Image[/img]
-1966 Ford F100, 352, 4 speed, smoke grey, mustang buckets
-2003 Ford Ranger XL, 3.0, 5 speed
-1989 Ford F250, 460, highboy, 4x4
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

We'd get along great Matt, I love the blues and trout fishing as well. If you ever get down to S.E. Idaho let me know and I'll "hook" you up. Have a drift boat out in the shop and 8 acres on the Henry's Fork, lot's of wild trout! Fishing at the right time of year can be awesome.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
grump

Post by grump »

Hookedtrout, I've been out to Island Park many times to see a friend that lived there. I'm just taking up fly fishing and hope to get back out there to some of the prettiest country there is. Your photograghs are great.
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

I like hiking and photography:

Here's a shot I took from the summit of Mt. LeConte in the Smokys

I also like shooting and taking care of guns:

Here's my 1944 (Izhevsk) Mosin Nagant M91/30

Life only allows so much time to do the fun things!
f100matt

Post by f100matt »

I got 1942 mosin nagants, mine doesn't look near as nice as yours, but for $79 at bucks at big five, its a lot of fun, and LOUD!!! :lol:
-1966 Ford F100, 352, 4 speed, smoke grey, mustang buckets
-2003 Ford Ranger XL, 3.0, 5 speed
-1989 Ford F250, 460, highboy, 4x4
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

On the subject of rifles I own 3 bolt actions myself.

1918 British Infield 303
1943 Mosin Nagant
1957 K31 Swiss 7.5x55

Unfortunately during our big move we misplaced the key to the safe so I need to call the manufacturer and get another one. I don't hunt but I do love to target shoot. Don't mind the idea of hunting, just never got into it myself...something to think about though.
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

grump wrote:Hookedtrout, I've been out to Island Park many times to see a friend that lived there. I'm just taking up fly fishing and hope to get back out there to some of the prettiest country there is. Your photograghs are great.
By damn if you ever do head this way make sure and let me know in advance and I'll take you out fishing.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe