New guy to the forum

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rderr

New guy to the forum

Post by rderr »

I live in Snow Hill MD (on the eastern shore). I have a 66 long bed style-side that I use quite a bit. Not a daily driver but at least weekly to the dump and alot during hunting seasons. I am very close to beginning a complete restoration on it as the cab mounts are rusted bad and the bed floor is rotted. I have restored a 66 Mustang coupe so I am not new to restorations but any advice you can give me I would gladly accept.

Thanks,
Rick
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Welcome from Idaho Rick. I too will be interested in the replies to your bed repair as mine is in need as well.
Cory

1962 F100 SWB Unibody, 223
1931 Ford 5 window coupe
1968 GT/California Special Mustang, 289
Complete 61 LWB Unibody parts truck with 292 Y Block
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Welcome aboard Rick. We have a GREAT member down your way in Ridgely, I'm sure he'll pop in. Great area you live in , I get to Crisfield quite often to see some friends and also hit Asseteque whenever I'm down.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Red66

Post by Red66 »

Welcome to the forum Rick.I live in Gumboro,De not far from you.It's good to keep those slicks around to enjoy.Ira.
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Welcome aboard Rick. Lets see some pics if you have them. You need to tag along up this way with members from your area on June 11th for our get together if you have a chance. Free food and fun. We call it SpringSplash. Here's a link to some pics from one of our Slashes.
You and the family are invited. What better way to get to know the Mac Chapter. Then we'll fill you in on SlickStock.

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/tt11 ... 1QQtppZZ16
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Yep, I'm from Denton/Ridgely area, alot of good people in this chapter. Just got back from "cruisin" Ocean city, prob. 5000 cars or so, 5 slicks, 1 uni, mine, had a coule people ask how i welded the bed to the cab, good time though, she ran like a champ 17 mpg, not bad. Welcome BTW Rick.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
rderr

Thanks for the invite and welcome

Post by rderr »

Unfortunately with such short notice I won't make it to your get together but would like to plan on it next time. Can someone step me through what I would have to do to post pictures?

Thanks,
Rick
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Photos need to be "hosted" somewhere, such as Picasa, Smugmug, Photobucket, etc. Then they can be linked here within a thread so they show up. You can't just post them here from your computer, unfortunately.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning