What's Next for the MAC?

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sinc

What's Next for the MAC?

Post by Sinc »

Hey Guys,

Just a quick activities update...

1. The "Rock-N-Rods" Car Show scheduled for May 5th in Wilmington has been cancelled. You'll have to wait until September for your Rockabilly fix.

2. Weather permitting, "PINKS - All Out" is still on for Saturday, May 12th at Maple Grove Raceway.

3. The "F-100 Supernationals" are May 17, 18, & 19 in Knoxville.

4. The "Goodguys Great American Rod & Custom Nationals" are May 18, 19, & 20 in Hershey.

5. The "NSRA Street Rod Nationals - East" are June 1, 2, & 3 in York.

6. The "All-Ford Nationals" are June 1, 2, & 3 in Carlisle.

It's gonna be a busy few weeks!

Please let us know if you are planning on attending any of these events, so that we can meet up (if possible). I'm planning on attending items #2 and #5.

Hope to see you there...Sinc
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

You guys are lucky with the events in your area! Down here we're always envious of the shows in your backyard. Looking forward to meeting all of you in KC.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Well, over the past couple of weeks I have been in contact with several MAC members, either in-person or on the phone. Here is what "I think" is going on...

Pinks: All Out - Tim (Fanatic) will be there Friday and Saturday. I will be there on Saturday. I believe that Pete will be there Pit Crewing for one of the Racers.

F-100 SuperNats - Chad and Carl are planning on attending.

Goodguys - Jim will be there all three days and Rich will be there on Saturday.

NSRA East - I will be there on Friday.

All-Ford Nationals - Tim, Dwight (maybe), and Chuck (maybe) will be there (not sure what days for each).

Let us know if I've missed anyone.

Later...Sinc
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

I will be at the All-Ford Carlisle, no maybe about it. 8)
I will be signing autographs as necessary. :lol:
Fer sure on Saturday, maybe also on Friday if all I have to do for work is carry the cell phone. :wink:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I will be at Pinks with Bill on Saturday only.

All-Ford I will go on Thursday and leave Sat nite or Sunday.

If I get this speed thing worked out I might get there quicker. Nothing like having a great running truck that tops out around 45 MPH Maybe some farm tractor tires would help

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

You need one of those orange triangles mounted on the back of your truck Tim. I'll be at Dover during All Ford as usual.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Good thinkin Charlie.....Thanx

Now does the point of the triangle go up or down.?

Where's Farmer Bill?
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I'll be going through Amish country this weekend, I'll have to pay attention.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Quick update:

On Saturday; Tim, Tim's buddy Todd, Todd's two sons (Kyle & Shane), Pete, Pete's lady friend (Susie), and I met up at Maple Grove Raceway for the Pinks: All-Out filming. I had a GREAT time!

We saw Rich Christensen arm-drop start 350 entries. Plus, between rounds, they had some nostalgia racers putting on a show. There were a few old-school Funny Cars. You know, the ones where you can actually tell what kind of car it is "suppose" to be. There was a couple of old-school rail dragsters (remember when the motor was up front?). And, a couple of jet powered funny cars. They were a BLAST (literally)! When they went off the glass on the Timing Tower shook like a bowl of Jello.

The final round of 16 cars were all supposedly to be mid-9 second cars. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see that as the heavens opened up and the rains came. But, it didn't matter, we got to see some great racing and hung out with some great friends! Now, Tim, when did you say that NOPI event was?

Oh, by the way, that Slick that won Pinks: All-Out previously was NOT there! Maybe next time!?

Thanks for joining me guys (and gal)!

...Sinc
Red62Uni

Post by Red62Uni »

i will be at carlisle as well and probably o.c cruise in this weekend weather permitting. hope to see some of you guys at both.
1962 F-100 Unibody All Original minus repaint
65 Mustang Fastback
68 Mustang Coupe (my baby)
79 Trans Am
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Lets see :roll:

All Ford all the time :lol:

Have not missed in years! Its the trump of Carlisle!!!

Charlie, wish you could take the TV to Carlisle that weekend and avoid the traffic in Dover :wink:
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

What traffic in Dover? I never notice any and don't drive anywhere. They need to reschedule the all ford event.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Since Ford is in such dire financial straits maybe they will pull out of NA$CAR. Then Charlie wouldn't have a reason to watch. :lol:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Red62Uni

Post by Red62Uni »

fords quarterly report actually shows them recovering some. i know crazy to imagine right? :shock:
1962 F-100 Unibody All Original minus repaint
65 Mustang Fastback
68 Mustang Coupe (my baby)
79 Trans Am