Father son project..

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jwh f-100
United States of America

Father son project..

Post by jwh f-100 »

As some of you may remember My family & I enjoy entering local tractor parades with our farm tractors. My son enjoys riding with me but always asks if he could atleast drive the lawnmower someday.

He needs something better than a Home Depot special, so I found this and we picked it up Saturday.. It will need a few things to get it running but should be a great time. It is a 1972 Jacobsen Lawn Chief.. The Ford 5000 in the second pic is getting a fresh coat of paint soon so we plan to send the "chief" with it to have a matching paint job.. Our goal is to have six in the fall parade. The ford 5000, Ford 7000. Ford 600, JD40, JD530, & The "Chief".

Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Very cool!
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
re54drider

Post by re54drider »

I have seen boys his age doing tractor pulls with sportsmen and modified tractors. Give the boy something he will be proud to drive! My boys were on my MF 135 from age 8 on. Just my 2 cents.
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

re54drider wrote:Give the boy something he will be proud to drive!.

Think I won't? LOL

re54drider wrote:My boys were on my MF 135 from age 8 on.

My brother & I were on the ford's above at that age normally tedding or raking while dad was in the barn milking or on another tractor bailing or cutting hay.. My boy though isn't quite ready for that.. He didn't grow up so close to the eqipment as we did. I'm not gonna put him on a 100hp tractor and send him down a street with sidewalks packed with people. In a few years, I hope..
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i have a few hours on a 6000. had lots of power and i found gear selection easier than the weird shifter on the 4320 jd we had. i am also fond of the mf 135 and 235 series tractors.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.