!!!!!!!!! BACK IN ACTION !!!!!!!!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

smoldo

!!!!!!!!! BACK IN ACTION !!!!!!!!!

Post by smoldo »

Well IT IS ALIVE it has been 20 years in the making but my 64 is on the road agian. I got it tagged today and away we went. I bougt ( old blue ) in 1987 and have drug, hauled, and pushed it every where I have moved for 20 years now. But last year I gave up on my grand plan for the ultimate slick and decided that I just wanted to drive it. I worked on and off for the last year as money and my wife would permitt. And about 2 weeks ago it moved under its own power for the first time. I have put new leafspring bushings,shocks,tyrods,brakes,bearings,transmision ( C6) , motor ( 390 ), crosmember, carpet, shifter,steeringwheel, and a lot of otherstuff on it over the past year. And it was all worth it. Today I drove about 30-40 miles and it rode great, tons of power ( to much at times !! ) and I even passed a few chevy's along the way. I had a blast !!! Some day down the road I plan on painting it but for now it is just FINE. I have some pics In my album if anybody is interested. Well I was so excited I had to tell somebody that might be excitet too ( seeing how my wife is not ).

SLICKSTOCK 08 HERE I COME
Last edited by smoldo on May 9, 2007, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOOMER SOONER
j-mac

Post by j-mac »

Haha... I was sitting here pissed off about other things until I saw your post and it made me smile. That's awesome! Looks perfect to me :D
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Smoldo.
Congratulations.
Nadine was almost 8 years in the making and I certainly know where of you speak;and as we speak, she still doesn't have the proper bed or paint.
Finally driving your project is a feeling unknown to anyone outside the brotherhood of Slicks.
The Texas group will be proud to hook up with you and other Okies like TruckRat on the way to Kansas City next year.
We can have ourselves a "CONVOY".
Nice job.
I'm proud of you man.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

:woohoo:

great job there smoldo! :cheers:

It's a great feeling to hit the road. Hope it happens to me this summer. The truck looks great. Nothing like a sleeper slick 8) , I am sure those chebbys didn't know what past them th_maniacal.gif !!!!!!

your engine looks very clean and you should be proud of it!

keep it up! :steering:
Mark

Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Congrats! I too look forward to the day when I can put up a post like this one. Hopefully many of you will still be alive when I do (o.k., I'm making progress).

Nice job. :wink:
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Cool! You gonna keep those 80s wheels on it they look cool. Nice looking truck, I have been slickless (as far as driving one goes) since last July, can't wait to get mine on the road either.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Nice truck Smoldo! Congrats! Many of us in here would be proud to be running around in that beastie! :rocker:

and my wife would be peeing herself happy if my truck was in that condition and not iin 1000 pieces all over my garage!! :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Even without fresh paint, it's still a thing of beauty. Congrats! :cheers:

Great looking engine & I like those rims too, you don't really see those around too often. :)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Looks awesome to me. Fresh paint is overrated. Just drive 'er. :)

Uncle Skip wrote:We can have ourselves a "CONVOY".

Mercy sakes alive...
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

Looks great! Nice to have another on the road!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
reeses66ford

Post by reeses66ford »

I'M EXCITED FOR YOU I HAVE JUST STARTED ON MINE. I NEED TO WORK HARDER ON MINE, MY HUSBAND GOT ME A 03 MONT CARLO SO I GOT OFF TRACK. BUT I'M BACK ON.
reese
mwilk1

Post by mwilk1 »

I dont know about moving mine from place to place. I know ive towed mine several times trying to get things done. When I found mine it had beed in the same field for 10 years the guy said he drove it into that spot and hadnt moved it. We drug it out of that field and spent the next 3 years working on it finding parts and towing it here and there. When it finally took its first steps by itself we were all on pins and needles hopeing it would go and not fall apart. That wasnt the last of its being towed around though. It is however a really great feeling when you get them to the inspection station and the guy says everyting is okay and puts a sticker on it. That really is a great sense of acomplishment. Then you have all those people who gawk as you drive it around. Mike
US Navy AT3 Desert Shield/Storm. EA6Bs out of Whidbey Island WA. With Carrier Air Group 3 off of the soon to be retired USS John F Kennedy CV67
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

that's a beautiful beater.

Your engine is gorgeous. Keep up on the simple green or it will get permanently filthy, like mine did. I need to pay some detail to the filth and paint soon.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage