Workin' Hard

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

YukonCor55

Workin' Hard

Post by YukonCor55 »

Hey Gang,
I haven't been on in awhile. I've been spending about 14 hours a day on or under my slick for about 2 solid weeks! I picked up a lot of supplies at Carlisle awhile back and had a plan. Well, I told the Boss I needed a few weeks off and got to it! Anyway, I got the Engine cleaned up & repainted, Re-did the valve covers, replaced the water pump, thermostat and housing, heater valve, all hoses, pulled the radiator, had it boiled out and re-sealed, Patched and repaired the radiator mount, inner fender wells and battery box. Everything painted with POR 15 and then top coated with satin black. Replaced all 4 shocks and both rear emer brake cables, replaced gaskets on front and rear pumpkins. Replaced transfer case mounts....yeah, I think that's about it! I'm covered in black paint that won't come off, every bone and muscle in me hurts but I'm happier than a pig in $#&@! Some folks go to Bermuda on vacation...I never left my driveway and had the time of my life! Pics of the engine are posted. More to come.
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

Great to hear!!! I need to get motivated and get mine back together.
Did you ever make it to that junkyard outside quakertown I mentioned to you? Just wandered how you made out. Larry
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Sweet!!

I have been doing the same thing on my bump. Hope to have it on the road in the next few weeks!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread