Just had to tell someone

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

donald luster

Just had to tell someone

Post by donald luster »

My 63 Slick has set in garage since 1995 after I did bodywork/paint work on cab. I have just moved back home to Ark after retiring. I remove the front springs, clean them up and inserted teflon strips between the leaves. Gosh was so surprised about how easy the front end moves up and down (without the shocks) I can only guess how good it will ride after doing the rear springs. Also the engine started on the first try after cleaning plugs, oil in cylinders. and a squirt of gasoline. Had tank clean at radiator shop. Have the front and rear windows replace and the vent and side windows ready to install with Carpenter window kits. Don't know what to do about the vent window lower hinge is broken away from the channel. Thinking about rewelding. Tell me what you think about that. Don't have the 110 dollars for repacement frame. Does anyone have two good one for sale. The glass company cut the vent windows out of thicker glass and I don't know if this will cause trouble trying to closed the vent window. Thanks for listening my rambling but gosh its great to move to drive the truck Don Luster
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Good to hear! I'll be glad when I can make a similar post.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

I may have what you need in my shed. I'll need to get over there and dig. I got a truck bed tool box full of slick parts when I bought the truck and I think there are wind wings in there. :D
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I have all the glass from both doors since I did A WING WINDER ELIMINATION KIT From Bobs F100 Parts. let me know if you need anything I only used the rear track from the OE set and it was all in decent shape being 40 some years old of course. when i took out the wing winders they were pretty tight but smooth (not all ratltly)
shawn
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Congrats on the retirement! Have fun!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim
donald luster

Post by donald luster »

Thanks and if you find any good vent window frames for 63 just let me know and I will pay for them and shipping.
Thanks again Don
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Don if bigtrip dont have them, let me know I have both sides from my 64, unless they wont fit for some reason