turn signal speed

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dotcentral

turn signal speed

Post by dotcentral »

My turn signals blink very slow, way slower than my 71. I'm wondering if I replacing flasher if that will speed them up. Will a bad flasher cause them to be slow?

Different question, what is the # for the bulbs for the dash lights? How many bulbs in the "sweep" or non-round style speedo?
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Re: turn signal speed

Post by MadMaxetc »

dotcentral wrote:My turn signals blink very slow, way slower than my 71. I'm wondering if I replacing flasher if that will speed them up. Will a bad flasher cause them to be slow?

The flasher trips when it has a certain amount of current pulled trough it. If you have a bad bulb then you will have less current draw and it will take longer to flash. The wires could be going bad and that would cause more resistance = less draw = longer time to flash.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

All exterior bulbs light & flash. Interior dash lights are not working. One dash blinker (right one) flashes when either turn light is selected. Wiring could be bad, is probably original.
Last edited by dotcentral on May 30, 2007, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

So called heavy duty flashers work slower than plain flashers. Sounds like a tired flasher. Cheap replacement and replace bad bulbs/pigtails at the same time. After that you should be the most prominant flasher in the 'hood!
Jim
DanSanDiego2000

Post by DanSanDiego2000 »

Your "right" dash turn indicator is working properly. The Custom Cab dash (sweep, non-round) only had the one indicator on the dash on the right (where you would expect to see the "right" indicator). The indicator on the left of the speedo is for the high beams. So, left or right turn.... the right side blinks. High beam "On", the left spot glows red. Weird, but correct.

Regards.

Dan
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Thanks Dan. I wondered if that's how the signal on the dash is supposed to work. A little different.

Anyone got a part # for the HD flasher and the dash lights?