66 f100 with air ride and cummins

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

thenephilm
United States of America

Re: 66 f100 with air ride and cummins

Post by thenephilm »

Sent my front wheels out to a place Marsh Racing Wheels in Arkansas who are changing the offset and rehooping the wheel for a disc brake setup so that I don't have to modify the calibers. Today we got the control arms narrowed two inches but they can't go on until I get the wheels back which should hopefully be this week. I also got the front clip on the truck and the radiator mounted. Some new goodies arrived yesterday in the form of my new intercooler, piping, and my new hood hinges as mine were apparently shot. Tomorrow will be finishing up the control arms and hopefully get my pedal situation squared away.

Hi I'm Justin.
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Got the pedals mounts and modified to work. Throttle cable is installed and working and the seats are also installed. Filled in the giant hole in the dash from someone's haggard radio install as well. Trying to have this at a show in April so I am busting my hump to get it there.
Hi I'm Justin.
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Picked up my brake calibers today and spent several hours welding on my bed. Had to quit as the monotomy was killing me and so was my back lol. Should have it finished up tomorrow along with a hole cut for the stack. Bed comes off on sunday for more welding on the suspension in the rear and to finish the underside of the bed.
Hi I'm Justin.
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Well a full tank of welding gas and a lot of wire later, the bed is entire welded up. What a fun job that was lol. Going to shave the stake pockets tomorrow and work on mounting the hood and mounting a battery tray.
Hi I'm Justin.
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Hi Justin great build going on here. You dont see to many 3/4 tons being rodded. Your comment about space for the battery had me come take a look why no room for it. Now I see why. I was thinking under the bed but it sounds like that space is all taken up to. It will be fun to see this one on the road good luck with it.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Any progress this month? All Ford show june 30th at high school,exit 19 union center blvd by Queen City Mustangers. Stop by if you can,Tony :)
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Got my pedals installed, which was fun because I had to jog them over quite a bit.

I got my lokar throttle cable installed and it works rather well.

Here is a picture from its first show in April. It wasn't running but it was in one piece. Working on the house currently but should get back on it here in July once my house stuff is done.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Justin good to see you back at it :D. Hurry up so you can come to Louisville ( maybe we can con Gary into comming from Indiana) and we can have a Slick lifting party:D. I am just about ready to pull my Uni shortbed off its chassis .

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I would be down to help whenever lol. I went to balls to the walls on it before the show to get it ready and take it. Its going to one more show in July as is then it is getting blown back apart to run all of my lines, paint the frame etc.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I was planning to go to Beatersville yesterday and started blowing apart the garage friday night and just couldnt stop yesterday and misssed the show . I am hopeing to have my truck at the Street Rod nats in August under its own power ( still ugly ) but running and driving :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Mine probably won't be running until next year realistically. I have some rust repair on the bed to do before I can even blow it apart again and lots and lots of grinding lol. I would love to be able to drive mine though, would make it a lot easy to get on a trailer lol.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I understand but you did a true custom with hand built frame and cummins engine swap . I am cheating rolling the full 62 chassis out from under mine and rolling aan 88 Crownvic chassis with the 302 and AOD that came in the vic still in the chassis . I intend to use as much crown vic as I can to " hopefully " make my build a little easier :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Sometimes I wish I just put a v8 in it with a mustang II setup and some coilover lol...and bought a truck from Arizona with no rust lol. Unfortunately, I never seem to do things the easy way and usually blow things out of control.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

LOL My uni is from up here for sure . One of the reasons for doing the chassis swap is a good chunk of the bed floor is already gone and the floorpans have been halfass repaired already at some point in its life . Needlesss to say I will be fabbin floorpans and a new inner bed . Course theres also that Big Back window lurking in the 63 Longbed in the backyard that will be making its way into this one :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I had thought about doing the big back window conversion at one point. But unless the truck was completely trashed, I would have a hard time butchering it lol. I would love to have a restored shortbed uni with a bbw.
Hi I'm Justin.
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

thenephilm wrote:Sometimes I wish I just put a v8 in it with a mustang II setup and some coilover lol...and bought a truck from Arizona with no rust lol. Unfortunately, I never seem to do things the easy way and usually blow things out of control.

Were is the fun and challange in doing things the easy way.

I thought we had it tough out here in the west till I started seeing pics of what alot of you guys in the midwest and east start with. I feel like we do it the easy way out here and its still a handfull.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
CM Sackett
United States of America

Post by CM Sackett »

Cannot wait to see this BEAST unleashed! (where's the Two Thumbs... WAY, WAY UP! when you need it?!)
The cost of Liberty tends to run very high.
The cost of Apathy... Incalculable.
-CM Sackett-
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Sackett since Justin is stringin us along here :D. Heres a preview of future events :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4NVaE9GW8

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Lol that does look appealing. I am not a huge fan of the bag setup in the rear though, he should have a bridge bar in there otherwise the bags will eventually spread the frame.
Hi I'm Justin.
HawaiiKid

Post by HawaiiKid »

Comin along!
2003 F150 SVT Lightning-"Bonnie"-Mid 12s Daily Driver

1963 F100 SWB Project-"Lacy"-Crown Vic frame swap in the process!
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28059