Mine and Matthew's (2) 1965 Ford Pickup builds!

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Harper
United States of America

Re: Mine and Matthew's (2) 1965 Ford Pickup builds!

Post by Harper »

thanks!
I picked up 600lbs of blast media for my blast guy today...if you think 100 lb sack isnt heavy, think again...I would NOT mess with a guy who loads/unloads those all day long.

1965 SWB 460 C6 AUTO "Red Barron Red"
1965 SWB Going 302 w/C4 Auto (Matthew's)
1969 Dodge Charger "replica General Lee" 440 w/727 (Mine)

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Harper wrote:back in the day (not so long ago lol) I had a hidden system on my 1994 Mustang Cobra...of course it had lots of other goodies, pulleys, tires, x-pipe, flow masters, timing bumped, K&N air filter, Cobra R hood, Cobra R wheels, 3.73 Gears, and of course a bag of Nitrous, bag of nitrous you ask...yes just what it says, its a compu car 10 lb bottle, one solonoid, one power cord (resembling a radar detector 12v cord). a very small nylon line that goes from the single solonoid to in front of the Air filter, oh and a push button on a curley cord that would just reach the drivers hand (which i kept between the seat and the console.)
the kicker was this....the bottle was mounted in a GYM bag on a board.
The trick i used was I would put it behind the passenger seat, let that seat all the way back and lay the seat back to basically touch the rear seat....if someone lost a race and swore i had nitrous, I would open the hood, the trunk and say "well if I have nitrous on here you find it"! NOONE EVER DID! :)
fast forward to modern day....my slick has no BACK seat! lol

Just an ole GYM bag right?

If you were a betting man, You'd Lose!!! :)

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh6 ... /mail2.jpg[/img]

Just a personal preference, but I don't care to have the bottle and setup anywhere near where I'm sitting :!:
I used a cheater bottle behind the passenger seat in one of my roadsters, but it worried me considerably, and I'd remove it when not needed.
Guess I'm just getting old :cry: (and prefer to continue doing so :D
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

oh I agree, behind the passenger seat there is a little cushion- however i wasnt running a bottle heater or anything...I will likely run a bed cover and mount it back there, I have seen nitrous expolosions, one caused from a bottle heater being left on, the other by a guy heating a carbon fiber bottle with a hand held torch. Needless to say both were massive explosions, with the latter losing his life close by in Mobile, Alabama at a shop called Camaro heaven...very sad. and Very Unnecessary.

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

a sneak preview of my cab, chassis after some of the blasting today.

It may not be perfect, but its a hell of a lot better than when i started :)

Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

cab corner

other cab corner

cab mount

Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

here are a few pictures before my chassis is painted black.

Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

Today is Oct 25th 2012....today i brought home my cab from the blaster....It is now in epoxy primer, and tomorrow is my birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I intend to work on my slick all day...with NO distractions....If Dennis Carpenter is correct with their deliver time, my floor pans, cab mounts should be here today or tomorrow. Hopefully today. I have long awaited this day...hopefully you will have more pictures to view tomorrow.

ironminer

Post by ironminer »

looks great!
cnb

Post by cnb »

the blue slick looks like mine does right now. only thing left on the frame is the cab, which will hopefully soon be removed to begin work on the frame.
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Nice job so far!
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

Thanks guys!
I picked up my primer and paint today!! Now I get to eat $1 sandwiches from mickey d's and $1.26 pizzas from walmart till next payday!! Lol but I got everythingi needed!

kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Harper wrote:Thanks guys!
I picked up my primer and paint today!! Now I get to eat $1 sandwiches from mickey d's and $1.26 pizzas from walmart till next payday!! Lol but I got everythingi needed!

Some things are worth the sacrifice. The cheap food is worth it for the parts that you got.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I agree with Kevin....I have to pick a couple months of "Ramon for Dinner" so I can get me one of those fancy hood tilt sets from some guy named Kstones... :D
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

that hoods pretty neat, but i am gonna stick to just a plain ole stock one for awhile. I do wished someone would spend the coin to develop either a repo stock steel hood or a lightweight stock one for those of us who would like to reduce weight, in case we decide to race a bit :)

Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

since i decided to paint my truck RED BARRON RED I decided to look up a little info on this: below is what i found.
Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (2 May 1892 – 21 April 1918), also widely known as the Red Baron, was a German fighter pilot with the Imperial German Army Air Service (Luftstreitkräfte) during World War I. He is considered the top ace of that war, being officially credited with 80 air combat victories, more than any other pilot.

Originally a cavalryman, Richthofen transferred to the Air Service in 1915, becoming one of the first members of Jasta 2 in 1916. He quickly distinguished himself as a fighter pilot, and during 1917 became leader of Jasta 11 and then the larger unit Jagdgeschwader 1 (better known as the "Flying Circus"). By 1918, he was regarded as a national hero in Germany, and was very well known by the other side.

Richthofen was shot down and killed near Amiens on 21 April 1918. There has been considerable discussion and debate regarding aspects of his career, especially the circumstances of his death. He remains quite possibly the most widely-known fighter pilot of all time, and has been the subject of many books and films.

Richthofen was a Freiherr (literally "Free Lord"), a title of nobility often translated as Baron.[1][2] This is not a given name nor strictly a hereditary title—since all male members of the family were entitled to it, even during the lifetime of their father.[a] This title, combined with the fact that he had his aircraft painted red, led to Richthofen being called "The Red Baron" ( "der Rote Baron" (help·info)) both inside and outside Germany.[1] During his lifetime, however, he was more often described in German as Der Rote Kampfflieger (variously translated as The Red Battle Flyer or The Red Fighter Pilot). This name was used as the title of Richthofen's 1917 autobiography.[3]

Richthofen's other nicknames include "Le Diable Rouge" ("Red Devil") or "Le petit Rouge" ("Little Red") in French, and the "Red Knight" in English.

Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

picked up a 2004 mustang GT body today and it should be delivered by this afternoon. Also going to get my slicks Frame today (in black Urethane) hopefully I will have time to do all i need today, I was going to get my daughter and keep her all day but my ex is being bi polar today, so I guess that's all changed, so I will work on my slick instead....
thinking of installing the complete 2004 front and rear disc setup under my slick....i have all kinds of ideas running around in my head with that being said...

Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

cab back on the painted frame :)
its not prefect but its better than before

1965fordf100
United States of America

Post by 1965fordf100 »

Your getting a lot done fast, Your motivated man! I need some of that motivation!
Phil
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

thanks...
waiting on one of my floor pans, so the cab is just sitting on the frame. Its not 100 % perfect, but I can live with it not being perfect...I want to get the floor pans welded in, and grind the welds etc...I really need advice on floor pan install...how to articles, pictures if anyone has any. Thanks in advance..

totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Nice work.
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.