Warragamba Dam Duck Race

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
8clt
Australia

Warragamba Dam Duck Race

Post by 8clt »

Alan,

Warragamba Dam is just up the river from you,,,,,,,
The Bureau of Meteorology are predicting the dam will overflow. devine sources ???

Just as well The Lambassadors have no more video shoots planned for your backyard this weekend.

Heard Sam was waiting for your new smoker to 'just smoke em' on the next youtube commercial.

Has Lyn got your meteorological depth calculating devices ( THONG ) recalibrated for the event.

" Warragamba Dam, to Sydney's west, is set to spill for the first time in 14 years with heavy rain predicted across south-eastern NSW.
Bureau of Meteorology duty forecaster Julie Evans says the next 24 hours are critical for the Hawkesbury-Nepean area, with western Sydney residents told to brace for possible moderate flooding" .
So if you see some dirt , get a truck ready when the water recedes , to bring my dirt back, its a bit like being in a mining area , thought I owned at least the top 10 metres or so, but dear old mother nature is giving it to someone else more needy..apparently. At this rate it won't take long for warragamba dam to silt up.
Lost in the Mountains Blue Mist ......
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: Warragamba Dam Duck Race

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I woundered where all that dirt was coming from!!!, moving down here will make your winters warmer, as you do live at " Bleakheathe"! :lol:
with the heavy rain reports, I went out this morning and bought a submersible pump to guard the houses garage and I`ve sand bagged the sheds side door,
did you end up going to the car show at Panthers the other week?, I didn`t get there myself! :(
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

warmer winters.........
its warmer in the mountains, than when we had the dealerships in Bathurst , the wind from Oberon and Blayney 'cuts like a knife' (as the song goes ).

Besides that , my Lyn is not a humidity fan and in the cold winters, I can hope for a cuddle and a nice warm roast ( yep.. dreamin again..).

No, I missed Penrith also , but did the swap meet at Richmond the week before.......and then I didn't get too have a good look, and to add more pain to "she who must be obeyed", had lunch up at Bilpin at the Apple Bar. So I had to part with a little of the folding for that, instead of what parts (Lyn calls car junk) I couldn't find at the swap meet. Lyn won't ask to tag along again, something to do with taking the falcon ute and the condition of the bells line of road maybe .

Can't help with a submersible , haven't got that far myself, but have to get one to comply with rural fire service and runoff tanks.

Stay dry....and elevate the workfridge.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Hope you guys are ok up there.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Leeroy, so far so good , thanks for thinking of us!, they said this morning that Warragamba was at 88% and they would do some practice openings today,
The penrith Lake system`s levels are quite high at the moment, and the river could do with a good flush.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

This is the culprit giving you guys grief. Other pilot was a NSW local, hard to see in the pics but it was bl00dy high!!

Pretty wet up there everywhere by the looks of it!

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Leeroy, the last pic is a great example of the over head difference between Sydney and LA as your fly in!, LA is flat and concrete and Sydney is green!. which plane were you in ?, I was looking up that day!................. :lol:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

I was in the A330 (moved to the bigger plane last year) VH-EBQ. Melbourne to Sydney.

I was looking for the bright yellow slick! :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

she may be bright yellow!, but she don`t go out in the rain!...................... :mrgreen:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Lerooy,

cover was 8/8ths that day over Alan's Hacienda, and just as well too, as the reflection off the McYellow machinery would have cause pilot "yellow out". Bloody dangerous when decending you know.....
Slickness sickness is bad apparently, most of us do plane spotting, but its obvious some avions do slick spotting.

Should be able to get a good pic around 24/25th if Alan goes to the Penrith truck show , I'll be wearing sunnies and a shade filter lense on the camera. I live in hope that he will have his smoker there to entertain his guests , a free snag and twist top for all whom vote for his slick , best in class and overall winner. Vote rigging is permitted.......good enough for Putin, good enough for slick owners....

(You , picked the wrong flight, how come you didn't wangle your way to h.k. for the meetings of the world airline bigwigs.)

When you depart Kingsford Smith for the return leg and head for Katoomba and then left turn south , I'll look up for a silver and orange belly to see if its you.

A friend of mine has built a 737 simulator up here , you will have to pickup Alan one day and venture up here for a fly.
His website is www.fsap.com.au

Done the "flight" from SYD to CAN , only managed to turn left at Katoomba , only by following the "curved line" on the instrument screen, and Emery is no help when he factors in various conditions , gives him a good laugh though.Apart from that , the flight path would have looked like a" frog going off in a sock " or a drawing from" Mr. Squiggle, upsidedown".
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

IFN I go to the truck show, Lenore will not be competing!, and at 25$ a head addmittion, I might just stand at Bludgers fence and look in!, Lenore on the other hand will be parked at the Peachtree Hotel carpark, the idiot rural bushfire piromaniacs`oops I mean volinteers wanted me to park in a puddle of mud last year, wankers! :evil:
So John if you are coming down give me a buzz and we`ll meet up, at the show or the pub!, your call! :D
http://peachtreehotel.com.au/Home/620/n/3/0/0/

here`s a pic of Lenore and a little friend that showed up while we were at the show last year!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Alan,
sounds the go...either way.
cell phone 0427 409454 will be incomming.
I was going to get the C8000 pumper out of storage at Kemps Creek, but the thought of charging up batteries , too hard, especially if they slam 25 big ones as an entry fee.
It's probably starting to rust away, but I love the siren......its a big loud mother and the little cat is good for 125kmh on the freeway , beat the locals to the fire...ha ha...

I prefer the "watching" porfolio at the outdoor peachtree venue.
(how convenient that its behind Bunnings.....)
It can be hard work looking for things in there.

It's a shame Leeroy (spelt it right this time ) can't wing it up here from Mexico, and it's just a short trip to Kingsford Smith, don't know how he would get back though. Maybe he can use his frequent flyer rewards, a he should plenty of air miles, albeit a non payer though.
What about the jump seat Leeroy ?
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

I would love to, but I havent got much time off at the moment (damn tourists!)
Besides the slick gets jealous when I do these things without her!! Usually has a nice dump of tranny oil or something for me to sort out when I get back :(
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Leeroy wrote:I would love to, but I havent got much time off at the moment (damn tourists!)
Besides the slick gets jealous when I do these things without her!! Usually has a nice dump of tranny oil or something for me to sort out when I get back :(

:laughing: I had a ( would you believe ) yellow XB Falcon station wagon in the early 8ies, I loved that thing, only every time I gave it a wash and detail it would break down within the next week!, the record was the same day!!!

John wrote;
I prefer the "watching" porfolio at the outdoor peachtree venue.
(how convenient that its behind Bunnings.....)
It can be hard work looking for things in there.

John, we used to say we were going to the hardware, and always dropped in to the Peachy for a couple of sherbets, 8) and thats years before Bunnings was a twinkle in west farmers eye`s! :burp:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

:2cents:
Who did you bribe to get McYellow smilies on the forum.
No one has spotted your colour coded number plates yet.......cost much ?????
ford fairlane prefix and all.

It must be Leeroys silver birds , seeding the clouds as they climb out of Sydney ,head west and then down to mexico, cause its raining again up here.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

John, watch out for those Calabrian concretors!, they are real good at heavy boots for swimming in!, good talking to you today!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Alan, you are on the money there...Calabrian, don't upset him....
I'm sure Vincenzo knows how......the hole in the ground for the garage is 14mx14m.Under the house...
This is to keep the "footprint" down (not a good choice of words with an Italian creter eh)as the blue mountains is a world heritage area.
Also the slick has no power steer and I need a suitable area to manouvre it around...
see pics of soil erosion all headed down to you, do you know if aust post need any "alaskan type rocks" to help with the postage rates.
Free onsite pickup if offered.......just add a grille and your sweet.

The hole ..... in the bank balance
[album][/album]Image

aerial view of the helipad

lyn's new garden wheelbarrow, santa dropped it off.....didn't go over too well.

this must be an omen , cause after this build , its all I'll have left, got to get it out and service it .its as old as I feel (70) at the moment

when the blind date timetable..
cheers john
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

make sure you wear the belt!, when those little buggers start pig rooting, those handles dont help any!, and I see it`s on LPG!, seen the price of that stuff lately!! :shock:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Alan
Lyn's life insurance is up to date , no problem there.
She was a good tennis player in her day , two handles won't worry her.

lpg, mmmm, could be worse , diesel or unleaded at 1.56 cents a litre x what 4.4 = $6.84 a us gallon.
just being environmentally friendly in a world heritage area, less pollution on lpg !!!! even belt drive.
I can't bring myself to buy something newer, out of character.....less depreciation for resale.

Can you afford the "antistall" in the renta when you go to Slickstock , maybe they should subsidise the Oz representative to promote international well being , to attend , ( thought so , ) only redeemed in grog vouchers, you have to be on site....to validate them.
I see the Oz dollar is dropping against the greenback , have you hedged against the exchange rate.

Don't forget the 61-63 upper grille apron, ask your lyn, your picking up an "apron" for her to bring back, don't know if she will be able to wear it....I might get to "wear" it....
John
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

All this talk of 'handles,' 'pigrooting,' and 'apron wearing' either you guys are freemasons or need to drink a few more tasty ailes! (Not XXXX, that isn't tasty) :lol: :lol: