my 4x4 simply known as ..............Eventually............

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Anthony
United States of America

Re: my 4x4 simply known as ..............Eventually.........

Post by Anthony »

Got some more brake work done this evening.... rear is done and the old steel wheels are back on... got the passenger side of the front sitting with the rotor and hub on, should be able to finish up the front hopefully tomorrow. Have a lot of side jobs going on this coming month to raise money for the trip so I put in for a Vacation the last week of May to try and get the old gal on the road... :wink: Hoping that I will be close enough at that time so I can driver her back to work the following week... praying.gif ... I got the seat back in the cab so I will have a comfortable place to sit and finish up the wiring... Alot of little stuff being done but nothing pic worthy as it still looks the same.

Progress is at least getting SOMETHING done, however little it may be.....
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2, 2010, 7:35 pm

A little more done......With pics!!! woohoo.gif got all the wiring done in the head liner and all of it put up in..... Broke a corner piece that I will have to remake, but that will come later. Right now it is all about getting her all buttoned up and on the road to Altoona... :steering: here are the pics....
8059 8060 8061 8062
notice the line by the speaker in the last pic of the drivers side.. yup, thats the break. oh well, can't always be perfect the first time around.. I have enough to fix another one.. sometime.. :roll:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15, 2010, 8:17 pm

not much but I am making progress... passenger side rotor put on, moved to drivers side and put rotor on, had to take it back off to start putting brakes on, got the bracket put on and assembled the hub again, couldn't get the pads in so I had to take it apart a third time.... Sound like a theme here??? finally got the drivers side done and went to put the new brake hose on.... of course it was the wrong one... bang.gif any way, to make the story short.... I only had to take the passenger side apart one more time to get the brakes done on it... :wink: ...
8099 8100
I have been looking at wheels and tires... I am going with a white modular wheel with M/T tires.... looks like the wheels may be coming from summit. here is what I am looking at...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/USW-90-7880/?rtype=10
http://mtwtire.com/?PageData=tireDetails&tid=34535

I am taking week after next off (the last week of May) for my final push... I am hoping to have her running and driving...... so wish me luck.... :thumright:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21, 2010, 7:40 pm

...........TIRES..............TIRES.............TIRES...........TIRES..........

Well, my rims came in this week from Summit Racing and I went this evening and purchased my tires and had them mounted and balanced.... they have an internal glass bead balancing system in them that will self balance every time the tires start rolling. I have a lifetime rotation and balance on them, new valve stems. Total price including wheels, tires and package, and center caps that I have to pick up next Wednesday............. any guesses??? I was pleasantly surprised!! :shock: only $1027 and some change.... It took a while to do my shopping but I think that I got the most BANG for my Buck... here are some pics in a tight garage but this week I should get it rolled out and the bed on it and I'll take some better pics...

8123 8124
8125 8126

These are Summit Mud Dawgs and are 315/75-16's....
this comes to 34.6 inches tall by 12.5 inches wide. I think
they give the truck that real redneck look!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23, 2010, 9:14 pm

bumper and bull bar painted last night at midnight... got the Slick out of the garage so the garage could get a good cleaning... boy was it needing it... got the bed set on the Slick and some bolts in to hold her on... need to fasten the rear cross member in the back that I added... truck is looking like a truck now.... imagine that... :lol: :lol: here is where she sits for the night and tomorrow I will try and finish the wiring and get shocks ordered.... need to buy oil and filter.... will work on brakes next... should be able to fire her up by Friday.... wish me luck... luck.gif praying.gif praying.gif

Pics as promised.....

8136 8137 8132 8138
8139 8140 8134 8141
8135 8142 8133 8143
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25, 2010, 7:49 pm

today I got the front callipers straightened out and mounted along with the front and rear hoses... I bought a starter and got it installed..... I got heater hoses and radiator hoses,(although the radiator hoses are wrong.. :dontknow: ) installed the heater hoses... took me a while to fix the PO junk that was holding the clutch pivot arm to the engine... fixed and repaired and installed... got oil down into her belly and a filter installed... picked daughters truck up from garage... mowed a lawn on the other end of town... installed battery cables and the starter wire...need to check on a gasket and nuts for the carburetor.... also need to make another trip to the "yard" and get misc. bolts for assembly of the pulleys and such on the front end.... need to make a nice bracket for the heater hoses to mount them to the inner fender, or find one at the "yard"..... got a hold of summit today and ordered my shocks... 2 of them are on back order... wont ship till next week or the week after but I couldn't beat the price... I believe that is it for the day..... More work to do tomorrow... Friday is coming fast... I feel like I am running backwards... for everything I finish I find 2 more things that need done... praying.gif
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

"quote" I don't know how the rest of you feel but for me the fun of building one of these trucks is when everything starts to go back together. You have all the parts that you are going to reuse cleaned and painted, or rebuilt, you have all your new parts laying close by. With everything new or looking new you start reassembling your truck. It is just like working at the factory building the truck that you want, the way you want. Only instead of being on an assembly line you are custom, building it at your leisure, one piece at a time. The part I hate worse than anything is the sand blasting and the cleaning of all the grease off the old parts, the rest is not so bad and it really makes for interesting days. The assembly is absolutely fun and rewarding. "quote"

With Age Comes Wisdom
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26, 2010, 12:28 pm

:iagree: with Michelle. building the truck the way I want and the color choices that I want are a big + in my book.... a pair of shocks just arrived, time to put them on... 8)
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

don't seem like I got alot done today... got all the brake lines plumbed in and hooked up. will have to re use the lines down to the proportioning valve... not enough tubing and not enough cash.. :roll: :lol: worked on the wiring for hours... getting it all straightened out and hooked up... got the carb mounted ... and finally, made out a list of parts to get from the local "yard" tomorrow to continue plugging along... probably won't have it running by Saturday but will be real close to being there...

I just keep telling myself, I will beat the clock, I will beat the clock, I will beat the clock.......
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11, 2010, 8:12 pm

National Flag: United States of America
wish I had updates but unfortunately not.. :cry: :cry: .. as with most in this economy money is in high demand. The hospital hasn't laid off anyone but they have revoked our uniform allowance, are raising insurance deductibles, and on top of this, the city is going to start taking 1% of my gross income for them letting me work in their city. What a Pal!!!, not only that but on top of the 6% state sales tax, the city is also going to put an extra 1% on everything that I purchase in the city... not from the city but everything I buy inside the city limits. So, here is the plan... The Econo is a cheap ride... I have it up and running and am starting to drive it this week... My boys Blazer needs some repair so he will drive the dodge till it is done... after he gets his Blazer back the dodge will go up for sale... when the dodge sells (going to ask $2000, hoping to get my $1800 back out of it) the money goes straight to the Slick... this should finish up wiring issues (switches and connectors) and buy the paint supplies that I need... hopefully... The dodge has the original paint and interior including a working 8 track player.... it is a 1980 D150 custom, with a 225 slant 6 with a 3 sp manual with overdrive.. only 87*** miles. anyway, I am looking to hit the slick this winter again and get her running by spring and painted by summer, Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! I will update as soon as I get back on target... I have all the time in the world, just not all the money in the world... :wink:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Well the garage isn't clean but I am back to the Slick........ ........ can't wait to get full blown on her again but what a RUSH it was tonight to be working on her.... had a "professional" glass installer out to put the windshield in and it took him almost 2 hours.... (this means there was no way that I was going to be able to do it...) so after watching him struggle for the 2 hours I decided that the $75 dollars was well worth it.... now I can finally finish up the inside and not get it dusty by working on the outside ... ... and the rubber is from LMC and seemed to be a little big when I tried to get it on the windshield but with the professional doing the work it was almost a perfect fit. I am very pleased...... One step closer to the finish... ... here are a couple pics....
Image Image
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6, 2010, 7:26 pm

been quite some time since I have spent quality time with my slick.... I have all the wiring hooked up except the ignition switch and the column..... I am not worried about the column, I can meter it out later. What I am wanting is to get her running though... I will post a help question in truck talk .....

I spent almost 3 hours with her tonight chasing out all the wires and making sure everything was hooked up.... almost ready!!!!! woohoo.gif

United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12, 2010, 2:23 pm

The wiring seems to be just as it should!!! yipppeee!! I still need to finish up a lot of the little things but she does crank and all the lights work.... now I need to make a list of the finishing up things.... still need to put the pulleys and the fan back on the front of the 300I6, run the rubber fuel lines to the fuel pump..... check timing... I need to tidy up the wires behind the dash, install said dash and check all of it out...install tail lights, and bolt down the bed.... yea, it still isn't bolted down..... hook up wiper and heater switches.... I think spring is a real possibility this year.... a little here and there this winter and I should have her up and going..... just thought I'd share my mile stone.......
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

slickmainer
Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31, 2011, 11:31 pm

"quote" what issues did you run into putting that 76 column into the 66? did it all line up? "quote"

Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1, 2011, 7:48 pm

The only mod I did to it was to cut the "U" shaped bracket off and weld a taller bracket off of a Slick column back in its place... TaDaaa!!! that was all there was to it....

hope this helps Gregg....
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1, 2011, 6:49 pm

Well since Eben requested an update, here it is.... I had a 3 day weekend for memorial day and followed it up with a vacation day on Thur and Fri to give me a 4 dayer to follow it up.... the Sat before memorial day I was taken to the ER and rushed upstairs (if 3 hours is rushed) for an emergency appendectomy. I didn't need my appendix anyway.... :lol: so my truck time has been shot down again.

now the good news... The Secretary at work is a sweetheart and revoked my Vac days so I will be able to pull this back to back the 4th of July weekend and the following weekend... as long as nobody else is scheduled... I am not missing time... that is what sick pay is for, but this not doing nothing is killing me... still sore and slow moving but healing every day.....

Thanks for bringing me back up Eben and it looks like I better get my A$$ in gear or you are going to beat the old man at his game... :shock: :lol: :lol:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Paul Merrell
Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6, 2011, 12:46 am

"quote" Hey Anthony how is your truck coming along ???? "quote"
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

S.....L.....O.....W.....L.....Y..... With the kids around the house for the summer and the rains :cry: I have done very little to her... I am hoping to get the engine bay finished up tomorrow, the bed bolted down so I can get the bed liner out of the yard and maybe even try and start her..... I know I keep saying that but that is my intentions... just don't know how it will work out... :? Zak has his '93 Mustang tore apart and I will be helping him to get his 302 in it and he just purchased a nice 63 SWB Uni that has been started on as a hot rod... I will probably end up helping with it also... you know how it goes... Kids first, Dad last... 8) I love my Kids though and would do anything for them... I think it should be no problem to have it in KC next August so just keep me motivated guys and wish me luck.. luck.gif :thumright: :steering:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

OK a little done is better than none... :dontknow: I broke the proportioning valvs a week or so ago so this evening I got a proportioning valve installed and the booster master cylinder/booster spaced out and the pedal and all hooked up... :woohoo: need to tighten down the booster to the firewall brackets... bench bleed then hook up the lines and bleed the brakes.... once I have brakes... I will change out the wheels and tires, bolt the bed down and down the hill she goes... I am getting help from a friend but she has to go to his garage.... spring is looking better and better... brakes by next weekend maybe....
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

62galxe
Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12, 2011, 5:36 am

"quote" You better have good brakes. :lol: Thats quite a hill its going down. "quote"