Pate part 2

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Pate part 2

Post by Uncle Skip »

Its 7pm and most of the Houston contingent is home safely (and probably already ready for bed).
Got to give a great big Thank You to PFM and Celtic PFM for their incredible hospitality. Thanks Jenny and Chris. We had, on an off during the weekend, as many as 30 Slicksters under the tent an any one time and met quite a few recent or new potential members with beautiful trucks.
Short of Slick Stock itself, this is the biggest gathering of our club members in the States, and at least as much fun. Well, maybe except for the second shift beer drinking crew. The parking lot was dead silent after about 9:30 after having walked about 15 miles in a stiff cool breeze in 85 degree sunshine and being faced with doing it again the next morning.
The only real problem experienced this weekend was remembering where you bought those parts so you could go back with a parts hauler and bring them to the tent. And everybody there scored at least one neat and valuable goodie.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this another great weekend and I hope everyone got home safe and sound.
So, until next April.......... when we do it one more time.
Uncle Skip
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Re: Pate part 2

Post by Uncle Skip »

A little update. Every year I go to Pate and have a bitch of a time buying anything big. Seriously, my brain goes into sensory overload after walking the first 100 yards and I start to overlook lots of good stuff.
Then, I say to myself, "self, make a mental note and come back to check the prices." I'm mental, and I make notes, but somehow I can never seem to find that part again. Soooo, this time when I found something, I bought it right there. You wouldn't think it would take me at least 12 years to figure this out, but it did.
I scored a new OEM flair side bumper for $80.00 the chrome trim rings for my red reversed steelies for $100.00, and a few minor odds and ends like stainless hardware and 1500 grit paper for color sanding my paint work.
I could have gotten a chrome bumper for $100.00, but wanted to paint it the same white as the rest of the truck. Now I have to find some good rear bumper brackets.
I am a very happy camper.
All in all, everybody got deals this year. You should consider coming to Ft Worth next year.
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Made it home about 3:30 on Saturday. The horse/donkey trailer pulled great and gave me no problems. However, the 98 Dodge pickup with V/6 appears to have the same size moter as Tickle-me-Elmo. Foot to the floor all the way home. Very tireing. Down the hill we go 67-68-69-70-71, up the hill 71--------49-48-47-46-downshift to third gear and crest the hill at about 49. Bucking a very stong headwind all the way, so I made pretty good time overall. Thanks to Chris and family for all the help and hospitality. It was great to see the old faces and meet Frank and Dale.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Lyman,
Don't feel bad, the big ol' (by today's standards) Brand X V8 didn't like the headwind either. I've hauled ( shortbed) Slicks all over the country with it, with little effect on performance or fuel economy. I used less than half a tank going up, (mostly thanks to an un-named "sensible" driver), refilled Friday, then on the way back; barely made it to Buffalo before needing a refill, and it's nearly empty now. I could hardly hold enough speed to keep the trailer airborne :twisted:
Anyway, looks as if all made it home safely (let us know, Louisiana. and Okla) (homa contigents)!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you made it safe and sound. Some of us were beginning to worry just a little bit.
See everybody next year; same Bat time; same Bat station.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

since there is no slickstock next year maybe i should start saving for pate. ten $ a week should do it. rrriiight.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
62galxe

Post by 62galxe »

The rest of the houston contingent is home sunday afternoon. The most that left saturday missed a good time and a good meal at sweetie pies in decatur. :lol: Had a good time and it was good to see everybody again. Special thanks to Chris and Jenny for there hospitality.
Kenny
1963 uni PATINA BLUE
1965 short bed
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Ezer, its "almost" as good as Slick Stock only with about 30 linear miles of parts and goodies to look at. Its not all that expensive unless you spend like a drunken sailor, with due apologies to all the drunken sailors I know.
And I can almost guarantee that after the first day, you won't stay up to 3 am drinking beer and still show up for breakfast at the Snooty Pig. All y'all come on down next year. Greg D, et al. Last weekend in April. Start saving now.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

skip, i have never attended a breakfast at slick stock either. lol. i don't think i join the crowd until noon or so the following mornings. i have never been much of a morning person anyways.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

The Louisiana contingent is all accounted for. Got up and hooked up the trailer at Pate this am, made a quick run through the few vendors who were still there and hit the road about 9:30.
Dropped Brien off in Shreveport (Benton) about 2:00, loaded up a T-5 (to go behind my 223 I-6 in Little Red) and a 82 F-100 rear end (5/4.5 bolt pattern to match the CV front for my crew cab) that he had been holding for me and got home to Monroe about 4:30.
I'm butt-sprung for sure.
As always, was good to see everyone again and to meet the new members and try to remember their names.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

The Okla )( homa lone trucker made it home this evening (Sunday) about 6pm.
Was waiting at Chris and Jenny's for a guy to show up to buy those two Uni doors,
Yes I sold them. Yay! Took my time going home and made a stop in Valley View at the DQ.
None of those around here any more. I scored some great goodies this year so I am happy.
Sold almost enough to pay for some stuff I bought, so that's cool.
A BIG THANK YOU to Chris and Jenny and kids for all the hospitality.
Now I need to Re-up for my spaces for next year.
Also Thanks to Brien, Kenny, and Gerald for a nice time at Sweetie Pies.
Hope to see some more of you folks there next year, it is a great time. TR
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

And don't forget, I'm first in line for the next available space.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Pics of goodies, plus group photo...

http://fuelboy.smugmug.com/Machines/Pat ... &k=PfCz7WL
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Here's a shot of my trim rings I scored for my new wheels.
I got a NOS rear bumper too, but it isn't finished yet.
I need bumper brackets for it if anyone has a set.
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Another unforgettable Pate weekend. We enjoyed seeing y'all again and glad to have everyone over for the BBQ.
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

some REALLY cool pics there...
Rusted64
United States of America

Post by Rusted64 »

Still bumbled I wasn't able to make it this year.

It guess there is always next year.

J
1964 F100, 292ci

1963 Buick Wildcat, 401ci

They just don't make them like they used to.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Max wrote:Pics of goodies, plus group photo...
NOTE TO SELF: Walk around with Max next year. I want to see Pate through Max's eyes. Those are some awesome shots, sir.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i'm glad i didn't go. i don't think my ranger could tow that old bomber all the way back to missouri. lol
always

Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

WOW, I totally picked the wrong weekend to come to Texas
Mark