Project Traction.

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

charliemccraney

Re: Project Traction.

Post by charliemccraney »

I made some engine mods last year, a lot of little things, and fine tuning to hopefully be significant enough to have a noticeable improvement at the track. The results seemed to be that it was much easier to spin off the line and I had one of my slowest 60' ever.

So, I have made the upgrade to limited slip sooner than planned. Moser axles and center section, true trac differential. Should be strong enough for the turbo motor, when I get to that and absolutely bullet proof with the current motor. The ratio is still the same, 3.70:1 so that the only significant change is the differential.

Traction is a lot better on dry pavement and slightly better on wet. Hopefully that will translate to more consistency, better 60 foots and lower et's.

Image Image

I made a holder to use with my transmission jack. This is a prototype, proof of concept Wink I'm sure I can make it better and it will probably work better with a normal, typical shop floor jack.

Image Image

Also installed a drain plug, applied some epoxy to hide my gnarly weld and ensure that it is leak free. So far it is leak free.

Image Image
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.