Order your Slick 60's hat TODAY-Please!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jeepbut
United States of America

Order your Slick 60's hat TODAY-Please!

Post by jeepbut »

Please make the effort and order a hat or two or three today. Go to the Slickstock 08 page and get the information on the thread titled Slickstock Special announcement. These events are not cheap for the host chapter to put on and we all want to keep them free to the members and strays that show up. Gerry has sold a few, but I feel has a long way to go for this to be a sucessful fundraiser for Slickstock 08. The hats are a bargain by todays prices. Gerry and the host chapter are going to have lots of worries and losts of work to make Slickstock 08 a huge sucess. Please do your part to ease the financial worries by ordering your hat today. It's the price of a lunch and a tip-get off the computer and start making your p b and j's for your lunch tomorrow! Thanks, Lyman.
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Thanks Lyman...... but where is the link? I wil be more than happy to but a couple of hats but I'm 10 degrees retarded..... Help me out.
See you in K.C.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
kid2

Post by kid2 »

http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2412

here is a link Skip. It is in the SlickStock-08 Forum.......Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
64 F-100, 4in roof chop and on a car frame
64 F100, Project, not sure what to do with it
61 Long Uni project
79 F-250 Super Cab Long Box
74 Duster, Future Project
Dropped,Chopped,Tubbed,and Stubbed is the way to go

It is easier to ask Forgivness than to ask Permission
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Thanks Kid, I tried that and who knows where the link went. Lyman.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Still no pics.........................
Jim
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

It's a hat, it's round, it goes on your head, it's for a good cause and it's cheap. Still no need for pics! LOL. Just make a $12 donation to Slickstock 08 and forget about it. If something comes in the mail- what a nice surprize. Good grief. Thanks, Lyman.
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Being as its round & all Im gonna buy one.
65guy

Post by 65guy »

I think you should get a pic or two posted Lyman.

It's to the point now (with this post and the one on the Slickstock thread) where it's starting to look a little "suspicious ". If the hats are not made yet and are waiting for orders to fill before production, then just say that. If they are made, then have someone post a pic.

If they are sooo ugly that the powers at large are afraid to post a pic, well, then you may have a problem. But I really doubt that is the case.

Post a pic man, it's just plan fact. You sell more with a picture.

PS
This post is not directed to you Lyman, if you are not the one responsible. Nor is it meant to be negative in any way. But rather "helpful" and meant to motivate whomever IS in charge of fund raising.
Old trucks - old cars - old tractors - old music... keep you young
'65 F100/'63 Ford Falcon convert/'57 Ford 640
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

The Pics will be on in a few days. I've had trouble with the company getting them to me. They will be a black cap with a blue oval with "Slick 60's" in the oval and '61-66 Ford Truck Club' in white letters under the oval. Very similar to the ones Lance did for us a few years ago. Pics on the way.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Are you SURE I need another one?
[albumimg]2273[/albumimg]
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Dammit J.C.
You've worn that one completely out. I'm embarrased to tears.
You need two new ones at least.
They are round and fit your head, you know.
BTW, the Texas group is going to order several all at one time to try to keep the postage down.
Gerry should expect an order for at least 10 in the near future.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Slick 60’s is a unique organization. It relies on a few members giving generously of time and talent to plan, facilitate, and raise money for a weekend that will be the high point for the club every two years.

In an attempt to raise money for Slick Stock 08, I have found a company to embroidery caps for the club. The proceeds will be used to pay for items necessary for the S/S 08 weekend. Because the cost of several dozen caps has to be paid when the caps are received, I attempted to get pre-orders to help defray the cost of the caps and not put a financial burden on my family waiting to sell the caps to recoup the money spent for the caps.

I apologize to any member that feels that I am attempting to cheat or make money off the fund raising for Slick Stock 08. I hope that this will not cause any member of Slick 60’s to decide not to attend Slick Stock 08. The weekend is a fantastic time to get acquainted with folks that you have only “talked to” on the internet. The friendships I have made in the club are a treasure to me. That said, the planning for Slick Stock 08 is continuing and we are looking forward to seeing all of you at Slick Stock.
Last edited by Casey 65 on June 28, 2007, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65guy

Post by 65guy »

Casey
I certainly hope you are not referring to MY post as questioning your integrity?? I was not at all. I went back and re-read both threads and still really don't see where anyone has questioned your integrity. They just wanted to see what they where buying.

All I was doing was pointing out something I noticed after reading all the posts on both threads. It just looked like info was not getting out. I thought an explanation or a photo was in need just to inform members where things are. I tend to word replies as if I was standing there speaking with someone. Kinda like:

"Ya know, you might wanna get a photo up or something. Seems like a lot of people want to see it."

That has now been done. Your explanation makes perfect sense. And hopefully the orders will come in.

But I assure you, no harm was meant. If it was my post you are referring to, please accept my huge apology. I think the members that know me would agree I'm not the type of person that would harass. Poorly word a reply to a thread... YES, harass, no.

Keep up the good work. Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm a graphic designer so if you need any help with t-shirt design or anything else, please let me know.

Guy
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Guy, Thanks for the offer. I would really appreciate your help on the T-Shirt design! Putting on a Slick Stock is like eating a herd of elephants. LOL
65guy

Post by 65guy »

Casey 65
sent you a PM.
kid2

Post by kid2 »

Gerry, Sent you a E-Mail also....................Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Gerry, I told you I would stir the pot and see if we could sell some caps. Mission accomplished! Thanks to everyone for getting your caps ordered in support of Slickstock 08. Let's bump this to the top every week or so in case new members want a cap. Lyman.
kid2

Post by kid2 »

Gerry is coming up here to Iowa in September so if you are from Iowa, Illinoise, Nebraska, Minnesota and want a Hat go ahead and order one and he will bring them to me when he comes up here and i will get them to you. It will save him some shipping and leave a little more money for the SlickStock fund............Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
61 Long Uni project

castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Mailing my order for 4 this week :D