Wife trying to help

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

skippyf15

Wife trying to help

Post by skippyf15 »

I was really not expecting to ever say this, my wife was trying to help me with my truck. She ordered a parts catalog for me to for a supprise. Only trouble was when she gave it to me it was for 1960 to 1966 Chevy trucks. It was really nice that she did this for me, but it was the wrong brand. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was for chevy trucks, so I kept it. I was working in the garage tonight when she came out a see FORD on the truck. She was a little disappointed that she got the wrong catalog. I thanked her anyway for trying. :oops: [/i]
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Be thankful she didn't order you a crate engine then. You'd have a new coffee table. :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Sounds like your a lucky man.
My wife emits a low growl if she sees a parts catalog in my hand.
skippyf15

Post by skippyf15 »

It was cool that she was thinking about it, or she is just trying to get the garage empty so she can park in it....... :?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Be thankful she didn't order you a crate engine then. You'd have a new coffee table. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

l lol'd
Someday I'll get another slick :(
skippyf15

Post by skippyf15 »

That would a cool coffee table....a bit costly but cool.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Having a wife that cares enough to support your addiction to Slicks is a treasure. You are a lucky man.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

I would be very appreciative for her support. Most wives would sooner call the repo man when it comes to our trucks. I am sure that we have all bought our wives something that we thought they would like and we were very wrong :oops:

Honey, I know how much you wanted that new blender (or perhaps table saw) :D

I thought this size 2 mini skirt would look fabulous on you :lol:

Let her know it was the thought that counts 8)
Mark

killercoating

Post by killercoating »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Image

That is kewl... think I might have found a use for that 352 after all....
1966 F100 CC LWB (The soon Air Ride Truck)
1969 Merc. Cougar Eliminator (The Muscle Car)
2003 883 Sportster Chopper (Hand Fabricated)
2004 TOTALED Mitsu Lancer Ralliart (Import Tuner)
NEW TOY - 1936 Dodge Coupe (HotRod)
skippyf15

Post by skippyf15 »

WOW, Now that's SWEET!!!
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I used to know a guy in CB Ia who had a 427 SOHC on an engine stand in his living room. He bought it in a crate, complete engine carbs to oil pan, put it on an engine stand, put a cobra oval air cleaner on it and there it sits, lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

my father has about 4 348s (i know i know, chebbys, but he loves '58 impala convertibles with a massive passion) and several tri-power intakes... His plan is to set one of them up cleaned up with finned aluminum valve covers on an engine stand in the corner of his shop (or living room, not sure which) and just smile.

Oinklette (my girlfriend) has threatened several times to hit me with various blunt objects if I ever tried to sell either of my 2 good trucks. She hates watching me work on them, and hates even more helping me, but thats just because ANYTHING at all mechanical makes her want to vomit.

Honestly she once almost started crying when I made her hold a board up for me to screw in on a deck I was building.

Not sure what it is about mechanical or physical labor and her :hm: but at least she's very happy about my trucks :)
ABA

Re: Wife trying to help

Post by ABA »

skippyf15 wrote:I was really not expecting to ever say this, my wife was trying to help me with my truck. She ordered a parts catalog for me to for a supprise. Only trouble was when she gave it to me it was for 1960 to 1966 Chevy trucks. It was really nice that she did this for me, but it was the wrong brand. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was for chevy trucks, so I kept it. I was working in the garage tonight when she came out a see FORD on the truck. She was a little disappointed that she got the wrong catalog. I thanked her anyway for trying. :oops: [/i]
One Christmas my wife ask me what I wanted and I told her a small table saw. :)

Guess what I got? :?

A drill press. :o

Oh well, I needed a drill press too. 8)

I use to get the "you spend more time with that truck than you do me" lecture from my X-wife.
Needles to say the truck lasted longer than she did. :lol:

My wife now shocked me with this statement:
"I'm glad you bought that truck, you needed something to get you out of the house", :? :o :lol:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I don't know if it was a matter of good thinking, or just plain dumn luck, but I have a very understanding wife. She lets me do as I wish, without a lot of fuss, and has often contributed money to my hobby. To be honest, I'm a lucky person in many ways, and happy with my choice of partner in life. She even used our tax refund to buy my new car trailer.

Rich
jeramy

Post by jeramy »

my wife said if the truck goes i better go with it
1963 f-100 short flareside
2003 mustang
2007 harley davidson sportster custom
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Mine is pretty decent about the whole thing, she even has bleeding the brakes down to an art. (The stepping on the pedal part)

I get everybody involved. The kids hand tools and tinker as much as possible.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

64 f100 wrote:I don't know if it was a matter of good thinking, or just plain dumn luck, but I have a very understanding wife. She lets me do as I wish, without a lot of fuss, and has often contributed money to my hobby. To be honest, I'm a lucky person in many ways, and happy with my choice of partner in life...

I second that! Just spent 12 hours in the garage today, and when I came in she said..."You better go post those pictures, I am sure they are waiting for them."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Man I LOVE her!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
kid2

Post by kid2 »

my Wife decided I needed a set of Alum car ramps for my trailer so she went online and found a nice set then she decided I should just get a Alum trailer. Not to sure I want a Alum trailer cause the trailer I got is pretty heavy duty and i can haul anything I want. I am going to order me a set of Alum ramps for it and I have been considering a Enclosed trailer as I have been wanting one of those for a long time and i can buy a enclosed trailed for about what a Alum open trailer will cost............Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
64 F-100, 4in roof chop and on a car frame
64 F100, Project, not sure what to do with it
61 Long Uni project
79 F-250 Super Cab Long Box
74 Duster, Future Project
Dropped,Chopped,Tubbed,and Stubbed is the way to go

It is easier to ask Forgivness than to ask Permission