Chrome - Bumper Boyz

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

sully5

Chrome - Bumper Boyz

Post by sully5 »

Just picked up my new bumper from the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville. I had ordered it from Bumper Boyz in Cali. They did a BEAUTIFUL job. Local plater wanted $1200 to plate a straight bumper. For an 18-year-old girl to drive?? No way. I would rather live with a crappy repop than pay that.

Ran into Bumper Boyz at a swap meet last year and got their price list. Paid Bumper Boyz $260 for a freshly chromed FACTORY bumper and they brought it with them to the swap meet this year. I called them called them 5 weeks prior to the meet and sent them a 50% deposit, refundable if I wasn't happy with the quality at pickup. They only charge $30 for the core charge if you don't have a core. But I just took my core to the swap meet and traded it out with the payment. The way I did it eliminated any shipping charge, too. Nice!

In case you have been wondering about their quality, all I can say is that I'm REAL happy with mine. Chrome looks very deep and it's well-polished. :thumright:
If thou bleedest not, thou workest not. - Hezekiah 2:12
rickairmedic

Re: Chrome - Bumper Boyz

Post by rickairmedic »

You shoulda said something :D. I was at the nats Thursday and went back Saturday with SWMBO and woulda gone back today had I known another member was gonna be there :D. Not alot of Louisvillians around here although there were a good number of Slicks there this year . I picked up a set of Coy's C5's on thursday myself .

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
sully5

Post by sully5 »

I try to go every year. There's a better one in the fall that I went to last year.
If thou bleedest not, thou workest not. - Hezekiah 2:12
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I usually make the nats every year since its in my backyard . I usually try to schedule work so I can play in the mornings and work in the afternoons . I also usualy make it to beatersville .

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Thanks for the tip! Which year bumper did you get? Can't remember what truck you have?
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Bumper Boyz do okay. One of my car buddies had to use the warranty on a Pontiac rear bumper that developed a finish problem. They took care of it without argument. I used Tri-City Plating for mine...slightly more expensive but haven't heard of any issues with their work. Either choice is certainly better than the terrible re-pops.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

If you got something OK then you did good,, I know they have been run out of some of the swap meets for what they do,, They piece bumpers back all done out of the country,, Tri-City plating is all I would use,, They do sell a lot but we have had customers come by us show us what they bought and not cloes to whats its suppose to be
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo