66 yom tag

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezernut9mm
Sweden

66 yom tag

Post by ezernut9mm »

here in missouri you can register your classic car or truck with a "yom" year of manufacture tag for a whopping one time fee of 25.25. the 66 will be running this one. i also got a nos yellow sticker to change it to a 6k lbs beyond local registration. it doesn't mean anything now, but the sticker that is on the plate is actually a 18k lbs local (100 air mile radius) registration sticker. none of this matters, but i wanted it to look correct for what the truck really is. until just recently you could register a truck for local only or beyond local use. it was a difference in fee kind of thing. mostly for farmers and such. anyways.

always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Toyz
United States of America

Re: 66 yom tag

Post by Toyz »

Texas is making progress in some directions and moving backwards in others. It's a running battle with the tax offices to get my tags renewed. They will no longer allow the use of YOM dealer plates or specialty tags such as farm truck. I always liked to run farm truck tags on my uni, since that is how it spent it's life. The big loss was the personalized YOM tag "PRO*STR" for my SVO, which I can no longer use, since someone bought one of the new, non-government produced, over-priced, revenue-generating tags with that wording :mrgreen: .
On another tag-related rant, I just spent $280.00 for one year registration for four lo-boy and tilt trailers. It previously was around a hundred for all four. I guess I'll have to join the ranks of those fat-bellied, Brooks Brothers clad, "farm truck" tagged, dressed-out Hummer-driving "professional farmers" here in the largely agrarian Metro Houston area :cussing:
Paul
I'll try my best to shake this mood before leaving for Slickstock :burp:
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

that sucks paul. i would think a current tag holder would have it over on a newbie. sounds like tejas is trying to make up revenue from not having all that sales tax money. i still like texas though. it was my favorite state when i was a kid. (lived in harker heights near killeen from 5 to 9 yrs old. i even still have the texas shaped piece of wood with two different strands of barbed wire attached to it that i thought was so cool back when. lol
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Hmmm,
Age five to nine! Knowing your current age, i can tell you that about that time I was exploring the anti-roll capacities of Datsun 510's out near Stillhouse Hollow! :twisted:
CU soon :)
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

nice. i learned to drive and got my license in a 79 510 wagon. just before the rust got it. lol.
always

62galxe

Post by 62galxe »

Paul trailer tags are cheap. I registared my trailer in 2000. Still running same tag so thats $35 for 12 years. :shock:
1963 uni PATINA BLUE
1965 short bed
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

62galxe wrote:Paul trailer tags are cheap. I registared my trailer in 2000. Still running same tag so thats $35 for 12 years. :shock:
That's still $35.00 more than Okla) (Homa!
But seriously,I think you've got the right approach; twelve years of savings would put you ahead even if you were unable to get a ticket dismissed or reduced. I'll wait until after Ol' Marais to test that point, though.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Chris, I picked up a 65 Commercial Tag for my Flatbed a while back at a swapmeet.
Figured I would register it with that one if the state will let me.
Yours looks real good on there. Is Cam's bro getting you a chrome grill and bumper for your truck?
He mentioned it the other night in chat. That will really jazz up that truck.
No tags required here in Okla )( homa on utility and car hauler trailers.
Never had to register one yet. Not sure on boat trailers, but the boats have to be registered.
Give them time here and they'll probably tax that too. Money grubbin' gubment!! grrsign.gif TR
Moose
United States of America

Post by Moose »

Toyz wrote:I guess I'll have to join the ranks of those fat-bellied, Brooks Brothers clad, "farm truck" tagged, dressed-out Hummer-driving "professional farmers" here in the largely agrarian Metro Houston area :cussing:
Paul
I'll try my best to shake this mood before leaving for Slickstock :burp:

The ones that kill me sit 4 inches off the ground with 22 inch wheels, $4,000 paint jobs and run Farm Truck tags. Come on, what idiot in the county tax office let them do this?

Personally I run the 65 YOM Plates here in TX and haven't had a problem. But I also haven't renewed the plates in a couple of years so I might have lost that option. It's ok, I know I can come up with a plate that'll look just as good on this ol' truck.....
American born, German blood, Texan attitude..... And people wonder why they call me "Moose."

66 F-100 Too much to list
05 F250 The Tank