Ol' Marais, Ottawa Kansas Sept 14, 15, 16

Car shows, swap meets, member get-togethers - post your upcoming events here.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Toyz
United States of America

Ol' Marais, Ottawa Kansas Sept 14, 15, 16

Post by Toyz »

Comin' up again!
Just a little (~1600 vehicles) show in a beautiful park setting with great cruises to and gatherings in nearby downtown.

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Re: Ol' Marais, Ottawa Kansas Sept 14, 15, 16

Post by ezernut9mm »

i wonder if they are full up yet.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I understand the Friday cruise is open to all. I'm not sure if they are instituting a "hard cap" at 1600; the somewhat vague website indicates pre-registrations are still being taken until September 1. I'll try to call today to get more info.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

got my sticker the other day. will see you there. by the by, the tow truck has been sitting here all safe and sound in the drive way where it belongs. i wonder if it'll start?
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

ezernut9mm wrote:got my sticker the other day. will see you there. by the by, the tow truck has been sitting here all safe and sound in the drive way where it belongs. i wonder if it'll start?

No problem, it's a service truck; just plug my handy jumper pack into the jumper outputs and go! I haven't received my sticker yet, so I guess i missed the goodie package!
CU next week,
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

That Is A Nice Park, I Went To The Antique Tractor Show There Last Weekend. Wish I Could Be There. I Decided To Try The 1st Annual Car & Bike Show In Wetmore Kansas. This Weekend...
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Couldn't check in all the traffic, but my son noted the lot you referred to earlier is flat over-run with Slicks!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Toyz wrote:Couldn't check in all the traffic, but my son noted the lot you referred to earlier is flat over-run with Slicks!
Paul
I Should Have Gone To Ottawa. Wetmore Was Pretty Bland... Not One Slick..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

saw lots of slicks. my camera is officially toast. it would take a single pic so it's out the door. they set an attendance record. i think i hear there were over 2000 cars there this year. lots of cools stuff and the cruise thru downtown was actually cooler than i thought it would be. i will go again next year!
always

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

ezernut9mm wrote:saw lots of slicks. my camera is officially toast. it would take a single pic so it's out the door. they set an attendance record. i think i hear there were over 2000 cars there this year. lots of cools stuff and the cruise thru downtown was actually cooler than i thought it would be. i will go again next year!

According to my count, we were 1%'ers; I counted over 20 slicks, the most I've ever seen there. Really a great show, especially since the light mist early Saturday morning may have discouraged a few. There were four Slicks gathered at James' Exhaust shop Friday evening; I never got by to talk to them; did get a chance to promote the club a little with the help of Jim N.!
The convoy in from NKC was an adventure in itself; the ol' slow towtruck offered multiple opportunities to smile, observe, and wave, as faster paced participants passed us!
Thanks again to Ezer for all his efforts; he had the towtruck looking better than when I left it. I think MAYBE Tara may even miss it, even though she won't need to shuttle vehicles in her driveway, (at least for the present :lol: ).
So far, we have almost made it back to Tejas, we are holed up in Atoka, Okla) (Homa with fuel delivery problems!
We've received lots of attention, even to the point of having three cars of Oklahoma law enforcement providing a light show for us :lol: (not counting the one who first sounded the alarm, then chickened out at the County Line).
They just didn't seem to be familiar with Texas methods of conserving fuel :P , but all were quite professional and very helpful.
I guess I am going to have to watch more movies: I must be the only one in the country not familiar with "Mater", (or "Gator", for that matter!).
BTW, they gave away a bunch of really nice door prizes, including a crate motor and a really nice wire feed welder. Sure wish someone I know had been more alert :P
Paul
Last edited by Toyz on September 17, 2012, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

glad you guys are making home ok and hope it wasn't anything too expensive on the tow rig. it was fun having the tow truck here. it's not everyday that a person gets to babysit a celebrity. man, if i had a nickle for everytime i heard "mater!'' yelled out this weekend. lol
always

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Didn't tow it (much)!
Put it on the trailer and the tow vehicle's rear wheels left the ground! I pulled it fully forward, climbed out, and my son pointed out the trailer tires were almost pushed flat! I no longer know what these early Holmes rigs weigh, but it's a bunch!
We backed it off, headed to the motel, and started our long adventure Sunday morning.
After a total of 900+ miles so far, the towtruck is now resting in Southeast OK. That's OK, too since we spotted a bunch of slicks in area yards, and now have an excuse to go back. I seriously considered bringing home another BBW (empty trailer and all :twisted: ), but the yard wasn't yet open, and a call to the posted number wasn't answered!
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Craig Hover; http://www.hovermotorco.com/2012/09/201 ... .html#more has done his usual fantastic job at photo documentation. He's got his over 1200 pics from the event posted, including a bunch of the slicks.
Here's a few of the slicks:
I'll post more pics of a pair of really exceptional ones as I get time.
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I REALLY Should Have Gone To Ottawa.......
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

More poor cell phone shots, note the carbon fiber bed floor in the silver slick. BTW, after Chris and I speculated as to the powertrains in these exquisite slicks, we were pleasantly surprised to learn
the silver one sports a Sean Hyland 4.6 out to 5.0 and force-fed; the blue one has a 5.0 roller!

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

those were both beautiful trucks. he has a bunch of build pics on his web site.
did you happen to see the sohc powered model a? i almost sh!t myself.
always