What have you done to your slick today??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Toyz
United States of America

Re: What have you done to your slick today??

Post by Toyz »

Re-installed the side toolbox (mostly). Looks good IMO! Trying to decide whether to do the Ranger seats in the longbed. I really like this truck but probably will not keep it, so I am not sure I want to use my pristine Mustang seats in it, or save them for the 61 uni, which is definitely a keeper. Either way, I've got to find a console, and the "correct" early style is easier to find than the later Falcon/Comet app, at least around here. I have a nice seat from a later crew cab which I've had in the longbed, may just stay with it. I'm thinking of putting the Fatman- fronted 65 together "patina"- style, utilizing the 66 shorty cab and sheetmetal and my stroker windsor. That would get the engine and transmission in service before they deteriorate, and give me another drivable option, as well as buy time to re-prime paint and re-assemble the 65 shorty!
I just need less thinking and more working hours!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Washed the 65 for a local high school car show tommorow. On the 63 nada the cab is still sitting in the middle of the garage waiting for me to get motivated to work on it again. Temps outside are getting cooler so time to get the welder out and get going.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I spayed al's bedliner on my '65 short bed. Like the product, the gun settings are a little troublesome.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

bruceandersson wrote:I spayed al's bedliner on my '65 short bed. Like the product, the gun settings are a little troublesome.

Could you elaborate a little? I need to purchase a gun, and have little practical info to go by.
Thanks,
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

stopped by a junk yard on my way in from work and scoped out a set of 90's aluminum wheels, possible Explorer upper/lower EFi intakes!

1965 SWB 460 C6 AUTO "Red Barron Red"
1965 SWB Going 302 w/C4 Auto (Matthew's)
1969 Dodge Charger "replica General Lee" 440 w/727 (Mine)

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

picking up some .023 mild steel welding wire, as mine (11lb spool) has been sitting for over 4 years and has aquired some surface rust, which has caused it to hang up when trying to use it...new wire should fix this issue. :)
also i picked up my cross braces for my bed (they were also blasted and epoxied! :)

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Getting ready to pull tranny and bell housing, got a tooth or possibly teeth of the flywheel. Starter just whizzes. At least ive got a spare flywheel with hopefully a good ring gear.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Hung the tailgate and mocked up the front end on the longbed, still got mixed emotions on the grille sans rabbit-ear turn signals.
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Been home sick the last few days...bad news for the bank account. NPD, DC, Summit all got a few hundred bucks. Should make for some good progress pics!

I also have been planning out a lot of parts on summits website using the wish lists.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Paul. I like the front end of the 65s without the turn signals above the grill. My 65 is that way, it looks so much cleaner on the front without the signals sticking out.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Got my 65 back on the road today. Used the flywheel ring gear from a spare 240 engine i have ,and installed a new clutch while it was apart. I then found that the starter was bad also, so used one from my parts truck. Might be speaking too soon ,but so far the clutch hasnt chattered.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

My passenger side door (L/hand door), has been giving me some trouble for awhile now, first off it was the power window not working properly, and then the door it self wouldn`t open!!!!. So yesterday took her out onto the driveway and had to crouch on the pas side floor and put my arm up into the door and feel around for what the problem was, I managed to get the door open and found that the central locking actuator had slipped it`s clip and was holding the door in the lock position.
Next problem was the window not working, I have one of those electric window switches that use the crank handle and so far after pulling it out and then dismantling it and putting it back together, where it seemed to work only to hook it up to the door again it stopped working!! :cussing: , so today I`m going to rig up a test board and put it through its paces.
Well that will be after we go over to one of the daughters places to get an old lounge off her for Miss Tazzie to sit on! :roll: so atleast Lenore can do some work!! :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

removed my front bumper, grill, radiator core support, inner fenders and front fenders...and all wiring under the hood. Man 47 years of it being assembled and rusting is NOT fun when tearing it apart, i just thank GOD I am in an area that's not a MAJOR rust belt... my GF helped me! a special thanks to her!:) oh and btw we just finished and are about to get showers....at 12:11 am
Last edited by Harper on September 16, 2012, 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Brians1966
United States of America

Post by Brians1966 »

Let my son take the Slick to work, got this text from him

"Darn Dad I'm a small celebrity in the Slick, Well Done!"

Made my day.
1966 F-100 LONG BED, 240cid 3 speed red and white, Red and White Interior with a Mossy Oak Seat Cover
2013 Ford F150 STX Supercab 5.0 litre

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try to do something incredibly stupid!

CONFIDENCE: Is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Brians1966 wrote:Let my son take the Slick to work, got this text from him

"Darn Dad I'm a small celebrity in the Slick, Well Done!"

Made my day.

:mrgreen: Of cause! 8)
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

removed the two front access covers to access the front cab mounts,vacuumed out the 47 years of red alabama Dirt, WD 40'ed the bolts and the two front cab to frame bolts :). also removed some of the previous owners handy work with floor repair...screwed in sheet metal (both sides). I am beginning to think this is about to turn in to a FULL Resto... :mrgreen:

this afternoon, removed seats, fuel tank, headliner, inside rearview mirror, working on removing the dash etc.. now..:)

White97

Post by White97 »

I resisted soaking it in gas and setting it on fire!

Went to install my new rad I got off eBay, over an 1" too narrow, flanges don't match. Put old one back in now dealing with vendor. Took it on another shake down run, driver side front caliper locks up. By the time I get back to the man-cave smoke is billowing out of the wheel well. Stopping today to order two new calipers. I'm wondering if this ever be on the road!
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Drove the towtruck over 400 miles, (of necessity, it proved to be too heavy for my car hauler). Changed a fuel pump in Coffeyville KS, then found the eccentric appears to be a problem, then installed an electric pump, got it running good until near Tulsa. It then appeared to run out of fuel on any incline causing a load. I bought a bigger pump in Tulsa, installed it; hit the turnpike running well, then symptoms recurred. Ran the winch cable out, hooked on to the towtruck, and made it to our exit in that manner, which attracted the attention of an officer sitting on the next entrance ramp. I saw his backup lights come on and back down the entrance he went. I then lost track of him until about 5-6 miles further. He pulled up beside me, moved up beside the pickup and trailer and then made a U-turn. He had called the next town over who were setting beside their cars waiting for us. Very nice officers, we talked for sometime as to legal implications; one officer stayed with us as we unhooked (I had told him I would just drive the truck slowly until we found a Motel!) I told him he didn't need to stay, as I probably had more emergency lights than their three cars!, but he stayed, and we had interesting conversations about winch cables, snatch webbing, Jeeps and other mutual interests.
We are now in Southern Oklahoma, and I'm trying to decide whether to press on, or head home and return with a bigger trailer.
Naturally, didn't accomplish much on the other slicks, but sure saw a bunch up close. There were more than 20 in attendance with only 5/6 members noted.
I'll post pics when I eventually get home; there were a bunch which should have been at SlickStock, including several that surprised both Ezer and myself with their choice of drivetrain 8).
Ya'll have a great start for the week from deep in the heart of OKLA)(HOMA!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

adjusted the carbs and went on a nice ride.

Mike
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

installed a new ignition coil, set the points and tightened the fan belt.

put on new front springs before i left Alaska and found the 3500 mile trip toasted the insides of my front tires so next up is installing the 2 new tires i brought along and adjusting the toe. supposed to be toe in slightly not toe out.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton