Which radhose?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

frdnut

Which radhose?

Post by frdnut »

I helped a buddy remove an engine from an 87 van and he gave me the rad for my help..I am hoping this will work in the wifes 65 but the hose sizes on the rad are kinda small..1 1/2 on the top and 1 3/4 on the bottom..Does anyone know of any rad hoses that might work with a 390?..
1965 F100(the wifes)
1968 Mustang 408W stroker
66Gobbler

Re: Which radhose?

Post by 66Gobbler »

Take your dimensions/length measurements to the parts store. They should be able to match up a "universal" fit hose that will work.
frdnut

Post by frdnut »

I am wondering if I cut the ends off of the original hoses and left them on the inlet and outlet of the rad..They would act like a bushing to fill the space for the hoses that I have now..Not sure if it would leak or not though.
1965 F100(the wifes)
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Take a tape measure and check if that van radiator will fit the 65 before you spend any more time on this deal. I don't think it will. IMHO!
William-in-St. George
frdnut

Post by frdnut »

William-in-St George wrote:Take a tape measure and check if that van radiator will fit the 65 before you spend any more time on this deal. I don't think it will. IMHO!
Yes I already did..Looks like it will fit with some trimming of the mounting brackets on the rad..The rad that is in it has some custom mounts already so it is no big deal to rework them to fit this rad..This is a heavy duty 3 core and should work well if I can get it mounted and proper hoses to fit..
1965 F100(the wifes)